NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

24 minutes ago, Rummy said:

When's Stardew Valley due for Switch? I got it on PS4 a month or two back and macked out for a while until I once again found it tedious sitting down at a TV for (that's me and the time I'd end up wasting in my life, rather than the game) and would love it in a portable format. I highly recommend it on Switch for any old school pre-n64 harvest moon fans or for anyone who hasn't HM'd before I'd say check out some reviews etc. I think it's a really fucking good play to get that on the system, and I think we'll see some articles about its uptake on Switch being bigger than maybe expected given shortages and install base etc.

It's due this year, I think Q3 or Q4 is when it's scheduled to release. I've got it on Steam and also got bored sitting at the screen, so I'll be day one for Switch. Such a good game, definitely captures the feel of classic Harvest Moon but has a lot of QoL improvements for the current gen.

• Like 1

I'm about the same as you but would add Hollow Knight, Celeste, Thimbleweed Park, Redout, Rime and Sonic Mania for the rest of the year. Hollow Knight especially is apparently fantastic on Steam.
I'm probably more excited about Steamworld Dig 2 than a huge game like AC: Origins

Oh man, I'd forgotten about AC: Origins! When does that come out? I am hyped.

Not sure but yeah, I'm way more excited about that than anything in his list.

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Not sure but yeah, I'm way more excited about that than anything in his list. emoji14.png

Can you see the trailer above? :D

Seriously though, I’ve just never liked Asassins Creed, no interest whatsoever. And that was the first game I sunk so much time into and quit (AC3), previously I tortured through games I’d played that far, just refused to stop playing, that was the first game I did and opened the floods gates to quitting games I didn’t enjoy however far I was into it - which has been an amazing thing actually.

Saying that, I own but never played Black Flag and everyone says that’s the best, so maybe one day I’ll finally put that on and enjoy it.

• Like 1

It obviously has issues/non-accurate parts, but the AC franchise has always interested me because they do their research and make reasonably accurate (within expectations) representation of the past.  It's why I keep meaning to play whichever one is set in Rome.  2?

Plus the first one had Kristen Bell in it so you know...

• Like 1

It obviously has issues/non-accurate parts, but the AC franchise has always interested me because they do their research and make reasonably accurate (within expectations) representation of the past.  It's why I keep meaning to play whichever one is set in Rome.  2?
Plus the first one had Kristen Bell in it so you know...

AC: Brotherhood is the one set in Rome. Also the best game.
  • Like 1

I still need to get around to trying AC Syndicate at some point. I dropped off the series a bit when they de-emphasised the modern day stuff.

Guys, can we keep this thread on topic please?

On 13/07/2017 at 5:29 PM, dazzybee said:

Looks very much like Mario golf advance tour, which is a brilliant game, but I've only just replayed it on Wii U.

Excellent Eurogamer/Digital Foundry article/video on Wii U ports coming to the Switch.

• Like 1

Tetsuya Nomura on the prospect of Kingdom Hearts 3 making their way to the Switch.

“The Nintendo Switch is definitely a very interesting piece of hardware, but if we lightly say, ‘Oh yeah, we’ll be on the Nintendo Switch,’ I’m sure people will come back and say, ‘But what about the PS4 and Xbox One? We want them out first. Don’t focus on other platforms,’” Nomura told IGN. “So for now, we want to focus on what platforms we’ve already announced we’re going to be releasing Kingdom Hearts 3 on. And so after, perhaps, maybe we can start thinking about other possibilities.”

That would be a HUGE capture for Nintendo, in my opinion.

So that's the next confusing Kingdom Hearts side story on Switch then?

If ever there was a time to dangle the Smash Bros. guest character bargaining carrot, it'd be now.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2017 at 10:19 AM, Julius Caesar said:

Tetsuya Nomura on the prospect of Kingdom Hearts 3 making their way to the Switch.

That would be a HUGE capture for Nintendo, in my opinion.

Does this not just translate as:

"If we make a Switch version, fans will say 'fuck the Switch', so yeah... fuck the Switch."

That's how it reads to me.

No it translates as:

"We're focusing on the two platforms already announced thus far, and we'll think about other platforms once development on those is complete."

• Like 1

That too, to me (given past precedent), reads "fuck the Switch".

• Like 2

That reasoning is almost as good as Game Freak's for Tembo "Oh we made the poster with those logos and it looked perfect".

i.e. it's complete bullshit

It's basically not good - if it does come to Switch it'll be way later. People won't really care about it by the time it comes - similar to something like Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U. It'll probably be more expensive too when it does release, if it ever does, as the other versions will have reduced in price by then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kav said:

That too, to me (given past precedent), reads "fuck the Switch".

I wouldn't go that far, but clearly shows they don't fully trust it to commit to. Can you say you blame them though?

• Like 1

As far as excuses go, "we're already well into development in two consoles and don't want to suddenly add a third one" sounds pretty acceptable. Saying the developers don't trust the Switch (or telling it to fuck itself, whichever wording you prefer) is stretching it a bit, honestly.

There's no PC version in the works, either. Do you think they're also saying "Fuck the PC"?

• Like 3

TBH, I wouldn't expect KH3 to come to Switch, but it might end up getting the inevitable Final Mix version, alongside PC... (Switch does run UE4 natively after all and Nintendo platforms, handhelds at least, are no strangers to KH games).

Edited by Dcubed

The Nintendo Switch Online app can now be downloaded. However, it will not fully work until the release of Splatoon 2

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Switch Online App FAQ

If I use my smart device's other features (texts, social media, etc.) will I be disconnected?

The voice chat will disconnect while you're talking on the phone or using another application, but your voice chat will restart in the same room once you open the Nintendo Switch Online application again as long as the game session is still ongoing.

Well...that's dumb. I guess locking the screen will also terminate voice chat. Have a phone charger ready, people.

Can I use the app to voice chat with other players when not playing a game?

No. Players are not able to start voice chat communication until they have joined the Online Lounge within Splatoon 2.

Oh come on, Nintendo.

I still don't understand why voice chat is being done by an app. And those restrictions make it even worse. Heck, even Dreamcast had integrated voice chat. That was 17 years ago...

Edited by drahkon