NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

2 hours ago, dazzybee said:

They didn’t struggle to have a supply of wii us... 

also maybe that’s why the amazing success of the switch caught then off guard. How many people expected it to do so well? Why criticise them for exceeding expectations? Such a bizarre thing to do. They’ve expressed quite clearly they’ve doubled production but these things aren’t instant.

some products in many industries sell better than expected and are then hard to get hold of. I really don’t see what’s so difficult to grasp in this situation. 

I don't get it either. Presented with facts/reports, still complains the same point. *shrugs*

Nice to see you guys literally can't read nor answer my questions in a discussion thread for the Switch - these 'facts/reports' are mentioned, referenced, and explored further in my posts.

Not to mention that whilst I haven't posted much here lately - my old warning about complaining about complaining still stands @Ronnie and anyone else. Warnings will be issued.

• Like 1

From a quick look at upcomings for me it'd be Odessey tho I'm a bit mixed on it, but Switch is still on the back burner for me until we know a bit more about online and if a good bargain happens to come up. Splatoon 2 would be the real seller for me otherwise atm!

Out of interest as I haven't been around/followed it did the Joycon interference issues get a good universal fix? I know some had the conductive sponge done but were still getting some issues then too.

13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

What's the next 'big' game coming for the Switch after Splatoon 2?

There are none.

DearestSpiffyAlpaca-small.gif

I guess people would say Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

For me, though, it's only Super Mario Odyssey.

• Like 2

Thanks, I couldnt remember if anything was announced at E3 that was coming in the gap. I guess Mario Odyssey is probably my next Switch game as well

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

There are none.

DearestSpiffyAlpaca-small.gif

I guess people would say Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

For me, though, it's only Super Mario Odyssey.

You might want to reconsider that stance... I gave it a glowing recommendation on the main site when I tried it out.

If you like strategy games, seriously consider it (if you don't, fair enough though!) I reckon it's gonna surprise a lot of people with how good it is!

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Thanks, I couldnt remember if anything was announced at E3 that was coming in the gap. I guess Mario Odyssey is probably my next Switch game as well

Did you have/play Splatoon much on WiiU? Tbh if I had a switch I'd definitely see Splatoon, (Overwatch, Destiny) and Oddessey seeing me at least into next year. The portability of Switch does make me tempted too - I haven't even done any dungeon things in BotW yet cos I just can't be arsed to sit down with it on the TV.

12 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Did you have/play Splatoon much on WiiU? Tbh if I had a switch I'd definitely see Splatoon, (Overwatch, Destiny) and Oddessey seeing me at least into next year. The portability of Switch does make me tempted too - I haven't even done any dungeon things in BotW yet cos I just can't be arsed to sit down with it on the TV.

I didnt play it on Wii U but I did play the testfire for Splatoon 2 earlier this year. Seemed a well made game but just not for me.

46 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

You might want to reconsider that stance... I gave it a glowing recommendation on the main site when I tried it out.

If you like strategy games, seriously consider it (if you don't, fair enough though!) I reckon it's gonna surprise a lot of people with how good it is!

Well, I don't have a Switch so I don't really care about the device's games anyway...

But I fucking hate Rabbids and they ruin the whole Mario universe for me from what I've seen from the game.

Edited by drahkon

For me, the rest of 2017 consists of Splatoon 2, FIFA 18 and Super Mario Odyssey on Switch.. and that's enough, especially with Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS too :hehe:

I don't forsee picking anything else up unless the Virtual Console sneaks out before the end of the year :heh:

3 minutes ago, nekunando said:

For me, the rest of 2017 consists of Splatoon 2, FIFA 18 and Super Mario Odyssey on Switch.. and that's enough, especially with Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS too :hehe:

I don't forsee picking anything else up unless the Virtual Console sneaks out before the end of the year :heh:

I can't wait for Mario + Rabbids. It looked really good at E3 and everyone who played it seems to have loved it. Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch too before the end of the year, and looking forward to finally playing Rayman Legends

Yeah, for me it's probably gonna be Splatoon 2 if the testfire seems cool, Fire Emblem (depending on review scores.. not really sure about it), Rime if it ever releases, and Mario Odyssey.

On the upside, the Switch is getting its first media app. On the downside...

NicoNico, a Japanese video-sharing platform similar to YouTube, will launch its Switch app later this week. You won't be able to download it in Europe unless you have a Japanese account.

Still, this is pretty big news; I'd be surprised if the year ended without the Switch at least having YouTube and Netflix apps (as well as a browser).

• Like 1

Switch so far for me looks like:

Splatoon 2
Namco Museum
Axiom Verge
Mario and Rabbids
The Escapists 2
Stardew Valley
Cave Story
Fifa
Steamworld Dig 2
Rocket League
WWE2K18
Mario
Runner 3
Overcooked
Fire Emblem Warriors
Golf Story

Other indies depending on reviews, and I may cave on Pokken but probably not.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I can't wait for Mario + Rabbids. It looked really good at E3 and everyone who played it seems to have loved it. Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch too before the end of the year, and looking forward to finally playing Rayman Legends

Even though Mario + Rabbids looked better than anyone anticipated, I still don't think that the game appeals to me!

Games like Dynasty Warriors have never been of interest so the latest Fire Emblem version is unlikely to draw me in while I also care little for Rayman Legends as I didn't exactly love Origins :heh:

I'm not at all disappointed, though, as I feel there is plenty for me to play and enjoy :yay:

52 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Splatoon 2
Namco Museum
Axiom Verge
Mario and Rabbids
The Escapists 2
Stardew Valley
Cave Story
Fifa
Steamworld Dig 2
Rocket League
WWE2K18
Mario
Runner 3
Overcooked
Fire Emblem Warriors
Golf Story

I'm about the same as you but would add Hollow Knight, Celeste, Thimbleweed Park, Redout, Rime and Sonic Mania for the rest of the year. Hollow Knight especially is apparently fantastic on Steam.

I'm probably more excited about Steamworld Dig 2 than a huge game like AC: Origins

Edited by Ronnie

Of all the games we know about, Switch for me looks like:

Yooka Laylee

RiME

Mario Odyssey

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Metroid Prime 4

• Like 1

Just went from playing PS4 for an hour to the Switch. The latter's Pro controller feels incredible compared to the DS4, so much more comfortable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I'm about the same as you but would add Hollow Knight, Celeste, Thimbleweed Park, Redout, Rime and Sonic Mania for the rest of the year. Hollow Knight especially is apparently fantastic on Steam.

I'm probably more excited about Steamworld Dig 2 than a huge game like AC: Origins

Yeah a few of those are on my radar (celeste and hollow knight in particular but see how reviews are) Thmbelweed park, forgot hat was announced this week, definitely that too!

I finally was able to pre-order Mario + Rabbids for 40 euros.

I also finally ordered Disgaea 5.. It seems it's getting harder to get here in The Netherlands, so I ordered directly from NIS America.

Mario Odyssey is on pre-order.

I am most likely getting Splatoon at this point.

I'll have to choose between Arms and Splatoon I guess. Arms has the better controls, but Splatoon has more content. But I'll definitely get Arms eventually.

Yooka Laylee is also (still) a mustbuy, still waiting for a release..

2017 is looking good, and that's not even mentioning the stuff in the E-shop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Splatoon 2
Namco Museum
Axiom Verge
Mario and Rabbids
The Escapists 2
Stardew Valley
Cave Story
Fifa
Steamworld Dig 2
Rocket League
WWE2K18
Mario
Runner 3
Overcooked
Fire Emblem Warriors
Golf Story

What is golf story????

When's Stardew Valley due for Switch? I got it on PS4 a month or two back and macked out for a while until I once again found it tedious sitting down at a TV for (that's me and the time I'd end up wasting in my life, rather than the game) and would love it in a portable format. I highly recommend it on Switch for any old school pre-n64 harvest moon fans or for anyone who hasn't HM'd before I'd say check out some reviews etc. I think it's a really fucking good play to get that on the system, and I think we'll see some articles about its uptake on Switch being bigger than maybe expected given shortages and install base etc.