NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

DDg_p3tVoAA1fJc?format=jpg

VS_Menuscreen_1498640194.png

Glad to see developers making games that make use of two Switches for asymmetric gameplay.  Happy to see the Wii U/GBA Connectivity concept living on :D 

• Like 1

Anyone know anyone looking for a switch? Iv ended up with three in the house and only 1 being used! 

So so Iv got a spare gray one if anyone is interested?

4 hours ago, Esequiel said:

Anyone know anyone looking for a switch? Iv ended up with three in the house and only 1 being used! 

So so Iv got a spare gray one if anyone is interested?

No, you should buy a 4th and extra TVs if necessary, so you can have Mario Kart LAN parties at your home.

Edit:
Colorwares are cool, but I'll wait for official ones. I'd like a complete set of pink ones and a set of purple ones.

Edited by Sméagol

7 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

No, you should buy a 4th and extra TVs if necessary, so you can have Mario Kart LAN parties at your home.

Edit:
Colorwares are cool, but I'll wait for official ones. I'd like a complete set of pink ones and a set of purple ones.

Hahaha, 2 is enough for us! Nothing around that I want for a while so 2 is definitely enough!

After a few months with the Switch, I'm beginning to feel a little disappointed in it.

Playing Zelda was great, it's probably my favourite game I've ever played, it truly blew me away... but that was Zelda, not the Switch.

After finishing it, I look at the horizon and it just seems like the WiiU all over again. Missed opportunities when it comes to online, 3rd Party support, social features of the hardware and not enough games releasing on the system.

Its nice to be able to play on my commute to/from work, but I wish there was more to play.

After the Zelda DLC I don't see me putting the console on when I'm at home until Xenoblade or Mario comes out and there's not much on the system that I want to warrant bringing it with me when I travel.

Its looking like it may gather dust until the online app releases. :(

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2

After finishing it, I look at the horizon and it just seems like the WiiU all over again.

The Wii U had an appalling first year, software wise. The Switch is having an incredible first year.

Missed opportunities when it comes to online, 3rd Party support, social features of the hardware and not enough games releasing on the system.

Nintendo was never big on third party support and it's the downside of having a powerful handheld instead of a powerful console. The gap in horsepower doesn't allow multiplatorm games to release on Switch at the same time as PS4/XBO

After the Zelda DLC I don't see me putting the console on when I'm at home until Xenoblade or Mario comes out and there's not much on the system that I want to warrant bringing it with me when I travel.

There's a big eShop game releasing pretty much every week or two, NONE of them interest you?

After finishing all three Shovel Knight campaigns, Wonder Boy, Snake Pass, Fast RMX, Snipperclips I'm looking forward to playing Graceful Explosion Machine, Kamiko, Tumble Seed, Shantae, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, GoNNER, Binding of Isaac, Sonic Mania, Axiom Verge, Pocket Rumble, Rime, Redout, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Runner 3, Enter the Gungeon, Overcooked, Hollow Knight, Owlboy all before Mario and Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem and Skyrim come out.

After a few months with the Switch, I'm beginning to feel a little disappointed in it. Playing Zelda was great, it's probably my favourite game I've ever played, it truly blew me away... but that was Zelda, not the Switch. After finishing it, I look at the horizon and it just seems like the WiiU all over again. Missed opportunities when it comes to online, 3rd Party support, social features of the hardware and not enough games releasing on the system.

Its nice to be able to play on my commute to/from work, but I wish there was more to play.

Its looking like it may gather dust until the online app releases.

I have been playing Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ and Mario Kart Switch on holiday with my wife (sounds weird to say this, having just got married!).  

Pretty much a game changer for me, being able to play anywhere so easily. I mostly have played my PS4 at home but the Switch has got some serious potential as an out-of-house machine.

Also...everyone should get Binding of Isaac. The US physical version is being sold at base.com for less than £30. Such a great game.

Looking forward to finally tucking into Stardew Valley when it launches on Switch.

• Like 3

Oh! You just got married @Sheikah? Congrats!! 

Try not to let BOI and MK8DX distract you too much from her ;)

• Like 1

Oh! You just got married [mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention]? Congrats!! 

Try not to let BOI and MK8DX distract you too much from her

Haha, cheers! Yeah, a week and a half ago. :)

Switch is such an impressive machine. The best they've done since the gamecube for sure.
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The Wii U had an appalling first year, software wise. The Switch is having an incredible first year.

Nintendo was never big on third party support and it's the downside of having a powerful handheld instead of a powerful console. The gap in horsepower doesn't allow multiplatorm games to release on Switch at the same time as PS4/XBO

There's a big eShop game releasing pretty much every week or two, NONE of them interest you?

After finishing all three Shovel Knight campaigns, Wonder Boy, Snake Pass, Fast RMX, Snipperclips I'm looking forward to playing Graceful Explosion Machine, Kamiko, Tumble Seed, Shantae, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, GoNNER, Binding of Isaac, Sonic Mania, Axiom Verge, Pocket Rumble, Rime, Redout, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Runner 3, Enter the Gungeon, Overcooked, Hollow Knight, Owlboy all before Mario and Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem and Skyrim come out.

A better year for some people, yes, just not for me. None of the games coming up this year, except for Mario & XC2, interest me.

The WiiU having SM3DW, CoD, ZombiU, MH3U, Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, Batman AC, Trine 2 and Assassin's Creed in the first 12 months betters Switch's first 12 by a country mile in my eyes!

The eshop games don't really interests me... only RIME & Yooka Laylee (which I transferred from a PS4 version so I'd have something to play on Switch).

I'd have thought they'd have pushed for better 3rd Party support given how the Switch can run Unreal Engine 4 and is apparently easy to port to... but when games like Dragonball Fighters Z don't make the Switch you wonder why.

Then I see Nintendo recycling games like Kirby and Yoshi and I just wonder why they aren't pushing the envelope more. It's not exciting!

It's a shame but I could see this being my last Nintendo console. :(

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2

Congratulations, @Sheikah! :)

If you're playing BOI and MK on potentially your honeymoon, you've found yourself an absolute keeper there! :p

I got MK as a present yesterday; the fact I was able to take it to my parents and show my dad and actually play with him on just the portable screen and with joy cons was brilliant, though he blamed the small screen for finishing 10th and demanded I bring the dock over to play it on the big screen next time! 

I love that they are trying to create a culture with this machine, as much as I've enjoyed multiplayer Arms online it'd be incredible to meet up and sit there with 8 Switches howling with laughter with each other :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kav said:

A better year for many people, yes, just not for me. None of the games coming up this year, except for Mario & XC2, interest me.

Same with the eshop games, nothing really interests me... only RIME & Yooka Laylee (which I transferred from a PS4 version so I'd have something to play on Switch).

It's a shame but I could see this being my last Nintendo console. :(

Whilst I love what Nintendo are doing - having not yet got a Switch myself but planning to get one in September, with an incredible looking backlog quickly piling up - I can empathise with this viewpoint, even if it's not one I share.

What I would recommend, however, is holding off judgement on whether or not this is your final Nintendo console until Year 3 of the Switch, or the end of Year 2 at the very least. My reason for this is to just follow the numbers: third parties are now taking a keen interest in the potential of the Switch, and if the console sells through 10 million units by next March - as it looks like it will - I have no doubt we'll see everyone rushing to the system. What's also worth mentioning is that a fair share of the publishers confirmed to be working on Switch titles/ports have yet to reveal what it is they're working on. Consoles are typically in their best swing - in terms of sales and ramping up game production in terms of sheer numbers - in their second and third years, and that translation in sales will no doubt mean a bigger push in game production too.

I do think that third party publishers needn't bring AAA first person shooters and the like to the console, though. Team-up games with other developers/publishers like Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle seem like a great way to go (I mean, forget Mario & Sonic at Tokyo 2020 and instead imagine Nintendo All-Stars at Tokyo 2020 developed in partnership with EA Sports, for instance; this is purely an example and probably unrealistic at this point), as do a myriad of great indie games.

Heck, I'm still confused as to why A Way Out isn't coming to the Switch, as it seems tailor-made for the Switch. 

I expect we'll see a Nintendo Switch 2018 Spotlight coming in December or January, so at the very least I'd wait until then before jumping off the bandwagon.

Also, congrats @Sheikah!! :)

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Yeah. Third parties were rightly apprehensive with the Switch. However, considering its success, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot more third party support next year onwards

If they got rid of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics that would be the final nail in the coffin for me :p 

I have no idea what game that's supposed to be, but God damn now I want Famicom joycons.

Oh no wait, that's one of the WiiU exclusives I missed out on, one of the games I'd get for it. It's one of the few ports I wouldn't mind for Switch..

I tried the demo for Wonderful 101 but didn't particularly like it so I doubt I'd get it for Switch. Let's just hope though for those who did like it that it's an actual sequel and not a re-release.

Starting to feel like the Switch isn't for those of us who actually bought and supported the Wii U.

I wouldn't mind the ports if they weren't taking up slots in the release schedule, but they are so it means that we have to wait longer between game releases.  Plus it'd take a bit of the sting away if they weren't priced the same as new games.

Even so, I completely understand why Nintendo would want to be republishing the Platinum games.  They're very good.

Edited by V. Amoleo

I'd not buy a port but I'd so be up for a sequel!

W101 was crazy-awesome!

They should do a platinum pack and bundle Bayonetta 1 + 2, and W101 and announce B3 and W102 in development.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:42 PM, Kav said:

After a few months with the Switch, I'm beginning to feel a little disappointed in it.

Playing Zelda was great, it's probably my favourite game I've ever played, it truly blew me away... but that was Zelda, not the Switch.

After finishing it, I look at the horizon and it just seems like the WiiU all over again. Missed opportunities when it comes to online, 3rd Party support, social features of the hardware and not enough games releasing on the system.

Its looking like it may gather dust until the online app releases. :(

I both completely agree and disagree with you at the same time. I also feel disappointed, but entirely with the software lineup. I think the Switch itself is a revelation and in so many ways. When you put it next to the Wii U and Gamepad it's pretty bloody incredible that in the space of 4-5 years they have built a console more powerful and yet tiny in comparison. The portability is a complete changer and they versatility of the joycons goes way beyond what anybody was expecting.

Having said all that... Zelda was brilliant and that's about it. Yes I bought MK but it's a game I've played to death on Wii U. I bought Arms just because a few guys on here are playing it and I can't wait for portable Fifa, but that really is it. Yes the eshop is full of games but most of these strike me as games you could play on your phone. At this point I'm hoping that because of the success of the Switch so far, we'll start to see big games coming next year.

• Like 1

Can you send messages to people on your friend list? I added one person to mine and he was online last night but I didn't see anywhere that I could send him a quick text or anything.

6 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Can you send messages to people on your friend list?

Nope. Not that I'm aware of. I suppose you'll find it on the mobile app that's releasing in the future.