NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

45 minutes ago, Ike said:

What download speed are you getting on your Switch?

12.5mbps on a 40mbps connection. My PS4 gets 30.5mbps despite being pretty much exactly the same distance from the router. I can just about play online if I play my Switch docked in my room but it even has trouble uploading time trial records in MK8 if I'm play while lying in bed. Not much of an issue for me right now because I don't play online much on the Switch but it's definitely something I want to get resolved eventually.

7 minutes ago, killthenet said:

12.5mbps on a 40mbps connection. My PS4 gets 30.5mbps despite being pretty much exactly the same distance from the router. I can just about play online if I play my Switch docked in my room but it even has trouble uploading time trial records in MK8 if I'm play while lying in bed. Not much of an issue for me right now because I don't play online much on the Switch but it's definitely something I want to get resolved eventually.

I get 40 - 45mb on a 150mb connection, which could be better but it works. I still get a couple of seconds buffering when trying to play a video.

Have you tried setting up port forwarding on your router? http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22272/~/how-to-set-up-a-routers-port-fowarding-for-a-nintendo-switch-console

M mate says his switch won't connect to the internet at all, it can see the router, but just won't make the connect. Resetting switch router and such has been done. Anyone hear of this?

Also try and power the Switch down completely. Hold the power button down for about 4 or 5 seconds and the power options come up. Select it and then Power Off. Restart the Switch and that might fix it, too.
Had the same problem myself a while back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, londragon said:

Also try and power the Switch down completely. Hold the power button down for about 4 or 5 seconds and the power options come up. Select it and then Power Off. Restart the Switch and that might fix it, too.
Had the same problem myself a while back.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yeah, this should solve it. It happened to me after an update, it required the system to be turned off completely. My switch wouldn't connect at all for 2 days. Turned it off and on again and everything was fine.

I misread the Amazon page for the Switch and I thought it said the next batch of stock would arrive on the 25th of July. So I pre-ordered one as well as Splatoon 2, incorrectly thinking both should arrive around the same time next month, but it turns out it actually said Switch stock is back on June 25th and as a result, I got my Switch delivered yesterday morning. So I'm now an owner of a switch with no games to play on it lol

I've just been playing a few demos but the console itself seems pretty good to me so far. I think I'll buy Blaster Master Zero, as the demo is fantastic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

I misread the Amazon page for the Switch and I thought it said the next batch of stock would arrive on the 25th of July. So I pre-ordered one as well as Splatoon 2, incorrectly thinking both should arrive around the same time next month, but it turns out it actually said Switch stock is back on June 25th and as a result, I got my Switch delivered yesterday morning. So I'm now an owner of a switch with no games to play on it lol

I've just been playing a few demos but the console itself seems pretty good to me so far. I think I'll buy Blaster Master Zero, as the demo is fantastic.

Have you considered ARMS? It's a fun game, albeit with a minimal single player.

• Like 1

Snake Pass update should be available now for Switch. Adds a time trial mode. Get slithering, boys. 

• Like 1

Snake pass is also 40% off right now. By chance had just purchased it in the Steam sale though, otherwise I would have bought it.

Yeah, I bought Snake Pass. Think I'm regretting it haha. Looked like a relaxing game.. But while 2D movement is intuitive, 3D (going up or down) isn't.. Plus the graphics are a blurry mess in docked mode, I can't look at it.

Pacman vs is pretty cool for a short multiplayer session. As a ghost, I liked to camp near the cherry.

Yeah the blurry visuals made me stop playing Snake Pass, just looked horrible in docked mode. No wonder they made the Switch version in a couple of days.

Snake pass, nice ideas but I detested the game. The only purchase I regret on Switch so far.

I think I'll pass on Snake Pass :blank:

I don't feel like I have time to be swimming in 7s and want to spend more time getting the most out of the great games I buy rather than picking up things that I may rightly, or wrongly, see as 'filler' in my collection.

On Switch, I have Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS, all deserving of considerable play time, but I also have Snipperclips which I'm honestly not a big fan off. It came absolutely free with my second set of Joy-Con, and I beat the game with my wife, so it wasn't exactly a waste, but it further emphasised my feeling of only really wanting to buy things I know I'll really enjoy.

It may not be a popular notion but I'm way more interested in building up a huge VC collection of my favourite games to play through again than take a chance on an indie title I'm not totally convinced by.. :red:

• Like 1

The Switch has sold over 1 million units in Japan, according to data released by Famitsu, in just 17 weeks.

For comparison it took:

• Game Boy Advance: 3 weeks
  • DS: 4 weeks
  • PS2: 5 weeks
  • Wii: 6 weeks
  • 3DS: 13 weeks
  • PSP: 14 weeks
  • Switch: 17 weeks
  • GameCube: 17 weeks
  • N64: 29 weeks
  • PS1: more than 30 weeks
  • WiiU: 34 weeks
  • PS3: 36 weeks
  • PS Vita: 43 weeks
  • DreamCast: 45 weeks
  • PS4: 49 weeks

jpg

It's also worth noting that Japan, like many other territories, has had issues with Switch stock, with plenty of fans still unable to get their hands on the hardware. Platinum Games developer Hideki Kamiya recently shared his attempt - and failure - to get a Switch, revealing a raffle system which has been put into place due to the limited stock. Winners of the raffle will then be able to purchase a Switch.

Famitsu also revealed key sales figures for the best-selling Switch games in Japan:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 501,614
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild: 460,480
  • 1-2 Switch: 200,807
  • ARMS: 154,845
  • Super Bomberman R: 92,112
Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Goodness me, what happened in Japan 5 weeks after the Wii U launched?

Very encouraging numbers from Japan especially given stock shortages and the fact that Splatoon 2 is still to come...

Those supply issues are just tragic.  We would probably be at around 2-2.5 million by now if the stock was there...

Ew, line graphs... Call me back when someone does a pie chart.

• Like 1

Snake Pass looked great on PS4, sad to hear it suffered on Switch though I'm guessing it's something we'll have to get used to given the hardware. 

Some cleared up info from the recent Nintendo Switch SDK leak (courtesy of Neogaf):

Save data transfer;

In the future, we plan to provide a feature to transfer account save data among multiple consoles. As a result, there is the possibility that user accounts with uninitialized account save data will be added. Note that your design must work without issue, even in this case.

Guest login;

We are considering a feature in the future (tentative name: Guest Login) to access existing network service account information without linking to a user account. This feature would allow temporary access to the network service account linked to the Nintendo Account by logging in to the Nintendo Account within the application. This feature would, for example, make it possible to upload a character you have raised as online data and then use that data on a friend's NX (without creating a user account).

We do not plan to provide this feature for the NX launch.

Also, a bunch of great images were found in the SDK leak too (like the one below); here's a link to all of the images found (for those interested).

7VgTo6q_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, punio75 said:

Very cool but check out the price...

http://www.colorware.com/p-763-colorware-joy-con-classic.aspx

I was thinking about picking up a custom Switch anyway, so I *might* wait for the inevitable complete NES Edition of the Switch. Those are some beautiful Joy-Con though :D

EDIT: also, @punio75, I've just found that they've recently added Pro Controllers too; hopefully not too long before an NES version of that, either!

Edited by Julius Caesar