NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

As far as voice chat on the Switch is concerned, either I can use my existing headset which I use for everything - PS4, Xbox One & Wii U (well MH3U anyway) - connected directly into the headphone jack or I'm not interested. ::shrug:

It really is that simple. :smile:

I get that using a phone with an app is viable if you are out and about away from your home setup but at home you should be able to have this basic feature useable on the machine, especially if this is part of an online service we're expected to pay for. :hmm:

If having to use (or even own in the first place) a smartphone is a barrier to entry for voice chat on the Switch, then it's a part of the service I simply won't be using. :heh:

The sooner we get full clarification on this and other currently absent features of the machine *cough*VirtualConsole*cough* the better. : peace:

As someone not particularly bothered about voice chat, it's almost hilarious watching Nintendo's constant refusal to accept convention :heh:

I actually suspect the app will offer a relatively simple solution that won't require all of those wires to function, probably making use of the hands-free equipment that comes with your phone or loudspeaker if desired.

Whatever the case, I'm sure it will be adequate for me if I ever choose to chat online but I do feel frustrated for the rest of you who want a better solution!

Yeah I think it's ridiculous. I have no clue how they thought this would be a good idea. They obviously didnt think about those 12 people who don't have either an Android phone or Iphone. So I won't be joining the chat anytime soon.

The annoying thing is that they'll probably take the low amount of people using the setup to mean that people don't want voice chat.

Bit ridiculous that they're restricting voice chat just to paying users too. The competition don't do that.

This looks like a joke we'd have put on the front page on April 1st, I can't believe it's real. The fact Switch didn't have a solid online system from day 1 is a joke, the fact that MONTHS into the system Nintendo do this weird half reveal with bits and pieces of information, still leave us confused/dumbfounded, then say it's not available until 2018 AND you have to pay for it is just... wow. They really have outdone themselves.

I find it shocking they're able to shift so many when they seem so incompetent in delivering basic functions for nearly every aspect of the system. It still hasn't got Virtual Console, something the Wii had on day one in 2006.

I think I'll have more luck using this:

th?id=OIP.YS0E0VnVXTlrFN6h1P6MBgEsDJ&pid=15.1

This looks like a joke we'd have put on the front page on April 1st, I can't believe it's real. The fact Switch didn't have a solid online system from day 1 is a joke, the fact that MONTHS into the system Nintendo do this weird half reveal with bits and pieces of information, still leave us confused/dumbfounded, then say it's not available until 2018 AND you have to pay for it is just... wow. They really have outdone themselves.

I find it shocking they're able to shift so many when they seem so incompetent in delivering basic functions for nearly every aspect of the system. It still hasn't got Virtual Console, something the Wii had on day one in 2006.

I think I'll have more luck using this:

th?id=OIP.YS0E0VnVXTlrFN6h1P6MBgEsDJ&pid=15.1

Oh my god my sister had Dream Phone! I loved it more than she did.

Ahh the signs were there early.

As an adult that phone looks quite...well...like something for an adult.

Half-baked FIFA:

[tweet]872027525555396608[/tweet]

Not surprised about the FIFA news. I just don't want a cartoony FIFA....

Not surprised about the FIFA news. I just don't want a cartoony FIFA....

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it didn't have any online at all..

I'm still playing Fifa 16 on PS4. As long as Fifa Switch is on a par with that I'll be more than happy. Can somebody start a Fifa 18 thread?

I'm still playing Fifa 16 on PS4. As long as Fifa Switch is on a par with that I'll be more than happy. Can somebody start a Fifa 18 thread?

It could be yoooooouuuuuuuuuuu! #giantLotteryfinger

It would be very gimmicky but I just joked with someone that there should be a snow/skateboarding game where you use the Joy-Con as the board to do tricks. Like one of those trick-deck finger skateboard things. Possibly with some plastic casing like the good old Wii days. Preferably a SSX Tricky remake.

It would be different at least.

Have a question, don't know where to put it.

Just read an interview with Fifa producer about switch version and he says - "it isn't gen three up-rezzed"

Gen three? THREE? 3?????

Did console gaming start with the PlayStation? I've heard his before too!! Before I get too unnecessarily angry about it does anyone know why this is?!

Have a question, don't know where to put it.

Just read an interview with Fifa producer about switch version and he says - "it isn't gen three up-rezzed"

Gen three? THREE? 3?????

Did console gaming start with the PlayStation? I've heard his before too!! Before I get too unnecessarily angry about it does anyone know why this is?!

There seems to be an unnecessary desire to define generations using arbitrary points in time!

While I'm not at all fond of hearing terms like '2nd Gen', '5th Gen' or whatever, considering they probably mean different things to different people, 'Gen 3' sounds laughable to describe PS3 and XBOX 360 (and presumably Wii ::shrug:)

It makes a kind of sense if you think of it resetting when the current home console setup begun. Sure Sega was around when PlayStation came along, but shortly after they went and Microsoft joint and that's where we are now.

That's at least what I assume the logic is.

Arms June

Splatoon July

Mario Rabbids August

Pokémon DX September

Fire Emblem October

Mario Oddessy November

Damn impressive first year for Switch.

So I started playing Disgaea 5 a few days ago and they have done something very interesting for it.

19055156_1633250803375361_288149997566144001_o.jpg?oh=cd4f3601f36a3f6a3ac05fbfb0b7dd7b&oe=59E736BB

Yes, the game has trophies and they even pop up when you unlock them. I'd love it if other games managed to do similar.

So I started playing Disgaea 5 a few days ago and they have done something very interesting for it.

19055156_1633250803375361_288149997566144001_o.jpg?oh=cd4f3601f36a3f6a3ac05fbfb0b7dd7b&oe=59E736BB

Yes, the game has trophies and they even pop up when you unlock them. I'd love it if other games managed to do similar.

Uhhhh... That is hardly anything new.

rb2R65C.jpg

xenoblade_chronicles_x_wii_u_review_10.jpg

Tokyo Mirage Sessions does it as well, Smash Bros. Brawl has had a similar system.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Kirby Air Ride invented the Achievement system!

Uhhhh... That is hardly anything new.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions does it as well, Smash Bros. Brawl has had a similar system.

In fact, I'm pretty sure Kirby Air Ride invented the Achievement system!

I think what he is saying that these are identical to the actual trophies on Disgaea 5 on the PS4 and it would be nice for any other 3rd party games to implement the trophies/achievements if they are already there in the first place.

Given how quiet Retro Studios have been over the last 4 years or so, what do you think the chances are of a final day announcement of their next game..?

Given how quiet Retro Studios have been over the last 4 years or so, what do you think the chances are of a final day announcement of their next game..?

For what SHOULD be one of the most important games on the system it may feel a little off, but anything is possible!!

It would be great if they did an Apple style 'one more thing' and then announced Retro's new game and blew the journalism industry into a cocked hat.