NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Is that actually on the cards in the immediate future though?

Do we know if it's fixable via an update or is it literally hardware?

I think Nintendo will probably do something relatively soon. That Reggie has come out to address it says that it's not something they're going to just ignore.

Their advice of keeping the Switch away from devices like phones when it's going to use voice chat via a phone is kind madness.

I think Nintendo will probably do something relatively soon. That Reggie has come out to address it says that it's not something they're going to just ignore.

Their advice of keeping the Switch away from devices like phones when it's going to use voice chat via a phone is kind madness.

Hmm interesting. Didn't think about the possibility of them doing a replacement tbh but tis a good point.

Might just buy a left one for now then. The problem is, in handheld mode it starts to slide off depending on how I'm holding it which is just going to annoy me more and more. :(

Is the joy-con desyncing confirmed yet? By that I mean is it just some units are faulty or is the signal too weak or is it just interference from other devices. It can't be fixed until the problem is diagnosed.

Hmm interesting. Didn't think about the possibility of them doing a replacement tbh but tis a good point.

Might just buy a left one for now then. The problem is, in handheld mode it starts to slide off depending on how I'm holding it which is just going to annoy me more and more. :(

Bad luck Aneres. :(

Here's a link to the left Joy-Con (grey) which is probably your best option...

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessory/grey-joy-con-controller-l/11396096.html

£40 but... ::shrug: at least the joy-con took most of the impact? The actual Switch itself is fine... right? : peace:

How bad is the damage to the Joy-Con btw? You could at least keep it for spare parts.

Is the joy-con desyncing confirmed yet? By that I mean is it just some units are faulty or is the signal too weak or is it just interference from other devices. It can't be fixed until the problem is diagnosed.

I can confirm it for you right now if you like? :p

Bad luck Aneres. :(

Here's a link to the left Joy-Con (grey) which is probably your best option...

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-accessory/grey-joy-con-controller-l/11396096.html

£40 but... ::shrug: at least the joy-con took most of the impact? The actual Switch itself is fine... right? : peace:

How bad is the damage to the Joy-Con btw? You could at least keep it for spare parts.

Thanks man! My own stupidity.

And yeah it's just the joy con I think. If I get a replacement and that does the same then I know that the console has had some damage too which will be a whole new world of pain. But hopefully not.

Argos have them so I have one reserved to pick up after work. :)

According to GamesIndustry.biz, Switch has sold 1.5m units to customers (as opposed to retailers). Anyone know how this compares to Wii and Wii U?

[TWEET]841401474450051072[/TWEET]

Seems that The Fractured But Whole may come to Switch.

According to GamesIndustry.biz, Switch has sold 1.5m units to customers (as opposed to retailers). Anyone know how this compares to Wii and Wii U?

I'm out and about so not going to look myself but i feel worse. You can probably find news articles from December 2012, or the Nintendo site will have end of financial year stuff covering the first 4 months to give a rough idea.

My carry case and screen protector were "lost in transit" so I'm now awaiting a new one being sent out first class. Hopefully I'll have it for next week... I want to game on my commute!

Is there a Splatoon 2 thread by any chance? I didn't see one so I thought I'd just leave my enquiry here as I'm generally speaking about the Switch hardware and only using Splatoon as an example really.

Anyhows, I saw a few opinions about the controls in Splatoon and some feel that having the gyroscope on the pro controller is the way forward for Splatoon and shooters in general. Some Splatoon (gyroscrope-based) opinion polls has it that once one goes motion, that said one no longer wishes for controls as it were during the days of olden.

My question is: What's the core difference between using motion controls to play Splatoon by means of the pro controller as opposed to motion controls on a controlpad split into two parts (joyconboyz)?

And a secondary question is, didn't some of y'all prefer fps's on the Wii than their XB360 & PS3 counterparts, even though the graphics and online functionality was inferior, single-handedly because of the motion controls? Whatever changed with y'all opinions, considering that motion control technology within the joycons are superior to the wiimote's motion+?

This bit is totally irrvelant but it must be asked so that if it becomes traditional, then I shall go down in history as the legendary gamer who invented the global celebrations. But since March 10th is Mar10 Day, is it possible that July 19th might be considered as Luj91 Day? Like just reverse the 'JUL' part and thus may aswell reverse the '19.' And the 'j' is just a stylized 'i.' If Mario has a day then his bro should have one too right?

And I was also thinking that Winter (December, January and February) could be Douglas J. Falcon Season.

I got to have a quick go on the Switch last night. I really liked the feel of playing with the separate Joycons.

I definitely hope so. I got Stick of Truth on a Steam sale. Binge played it and I finished nearly every single side-quest.

Anyways,I created a video covering my thoughts on the Switch's first week on the market.

I don't feel like I've had an awful lot of free time recently but I finally feel like I have a chance to share my thoughts on the Switch (I know you've all been patiently waiting :indeed:)

As many of you will be aware, GAME were late with the delivery of my order, arriving last Monday. I wasn't home from work until about 11.30pm that night so that is when I finally got my first taste of the console!

I actually had to pick up my wife and son from my parent's house so the wait was a little longer but I took the box with me so that I could open it up to check it out before bringing it back home to chrage and set up.

I knew the Nintendo Switch would be small but it's not until you open that box for the first time that you really get a sense of just how tiny everything is, particularly the Joy-Con. The first moment I lifted them out of the box I was impressed by how impressive it looked but as I grabbed the controller and had a little spin of the control stick I almost felt a little concerned. I kinda got the impression that everything had been comprimised a little too much for the sake of portability but without having the console turned on I couldn't really say for sure how I felt about it.

The satisfaction of slipping the Joy-Con into the grip was followed by the dissatisfaction of the strange feeling I got when I gripped it with my hands. It wasn't awful but it definitely seemed a little odd :blank: Connecting the controllers to the Switch itself felt a little more comfortable.

I placed everything neatly back in the box, took it home and got around to setting it all up in the space I had cleared under the TV the previous Thursday in anticipation.

Turning the console on for the first time highlighted just how great the screen was to me, so much better than anything else I own. From that moment on, my positivity about the Switch grew at a rapid pace :hehe:

The menus are sleek and easy to navigate at pace while directing myself through it all with the split directional buttons on the Left Joy-Con felt oddly reassuring given my reservations about the lack of D-Pad. I may not have played a game with it thus far but I feel more confident about it than previously and think it could well do the job :smile:

In the 9 days since, any concerns about the controls or the analog sticks have melted away to the point where I'm amazed at just how amazing it now feels and love the versatility of it all. Playing with the Joy-Con attached to the Switch, inside the grip or held seperately all work great and I have no problem with any configuration at this stage. It's all just.. awesome :yay:

I can't wait to see what surprises are in store over the next few years but for now I'm very impressed by the Nintendo Switch : peace:

Apparently not :(

[tweet]842329627053944832[/tweet]

Does anyone else have issues waking the console up with the pro controller, after using it in tablet mode then docking it

Apparently not :(

[tweet]842329627053944832[/tweet]

We've been down this road many times before. :nono:

Does anyone else have issues waking the console up with the pro controller, after using it in tablet mode then docking it

I've not had any and I've done this many a time. ::shrug:

What's the problem you're finding?

No problems for me, I just hold the home button down for a couple of seconds and it starts up fine. It's a bit annoying that I then have to reconfirm that I want to use the pro controller when I launch a game though, that often takes longer than actually starting the system up.

I hope this doesn't end up like the South Park situation...

[tweet]842354767695355904[/tweet]

I didn't even know you could wake the console using the pro controller!

I've been getting up off the sofa like a sucker for two weeks!

I've not had any and I've done this many a time. ::shrug:

What's the problem you're finding?

Just doesn't do anything. Console flashes like it's not paired and I have to get up and press a button on the console. Sometimes it works but usually not any time after the console is re-docked. Maybe specifically after it's docked because the battery died.

I've never been able to either. I use the power button.