NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

What about the option in settings to default to a certain account?

Seems to have disappeared with a second account

Just a quick question. When you put an image on Twitter from the Switch, can you embed the image here (ie. the file ending in .jpg), but not the whole Tweet? I suspect it's via right-click and "inspect element", but that's running a bit slowly.

Just a quick question. When you put an image on Twitter from the Switch, can you embed the image here (ie. the file ending in .jpg), but not the whole Tweet? I suspect it's via right-click and "inspect element", but that's running a bit slowly.

That should work. You can also copy to microSD and upload to imgur.

Just remembered I have a (small) bit of credit on my WiiU/3DS eShop but this is not showing on my Switch eShop.

I know the Switch is not yet using NNIDs (how nintendo messed tgat up I'll never know) but is there anyway to link the eShop account with that of the others so any added credit reflects on all 3?

Just remembered I have a (small) bit of credit on my WiiU/3DS eShop but this is not showing on my Switch eShop.

I know the Switch is not yet using NNIDs (how nintendo messed tgat up I'll never know) but is there anyway to link the eShop account with that of the others so any added credit reflects on all 3?

You have to go here to merge your eShop accounts.

Keep seeing these custom joy cons on instagram and I love them.

We need some more colours asap!

DDB8232E-2F1B-4C05-9554-E58EF0ACCDA2_zpsmj2r2eze.jpeg

F1A0F511-01F3-4FCF-A029-7183FEF1E31C_zpso4squ6k1.jpeg

Weirdly I'd quite like the ability to play in handheld mode with only one JoyCon detached. Anybody else tried to do this only to have it complain that you don't have a controller?

So I'm back at work after a week off for Zelda (I'll post thoughts on the game in the Zelda thread after I'm done with it) however I've not brought my Switch with me on the long commute because the screen protector and carry case are yet to arrive for some odd reason!

I'm looking forward to it getting here and me being able to take Zelda along with me!

I thought after paling a game for a week it told you how long you've been playing it? Where is this?

Yeah I've yet to see that as well. Maybe it only does it when you've been using the parental control app? I havent used it.

Yeah I've yet to see that as well. Maybe it only does it when you've been using the parental control app? I havent used it.

I'm using it, still not happening.

Just tried hooking my Switch up to the internet through my phone as a hotspot. Worked without a hitch. Going to be using that when I'm commuting after online comes.

I'm using it, still not happening.

Have you linked it with your console so you've got the orange parental control button above your games on the home screen?

Should be showing you by now, mine was working since I got the app on Thursday. ::shrug:

EEA0A2E4-941E-4C02-B96E-4EC88B376D22_zpsrqp8fmio.png

Have you linked it with your console so you've got the orange parental control button above your games on the home screen?

Should be showing you by now, mine was working since I got the app on Thursday. ::shrug:

EEA0A2E4-941E-4C02-B96E-4EC88B376D22_zpsrqp8fmio.png

No I don't mean that, I mean you can see how long you've spent on specific games (to the nearest 5 hours) on the console itself after you've played a game for a week, but can't seem to see how.

I thought after paling a game for a week it told you how long you've been playing it? Where is this?

Looking at the Gaf thread it appears that this feature will start unlocking after playing for 10 days, not a week. I imagine most people's will start to pop up today.

Pretty cool that you can check your the people on your friends list play times, as well.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/stron...retail/0179949

HMV head of technology and games Phil Browes told MCV that Switch’s launch was “fantastic”. He also said:

“We satisfied all pre-orders and blasted through the remainder of our initial allocation. Every single one of our pre-order customers received their console on launch day, and we’re optimistic that with some great games due to be released, Switch can establish itself as a successful third console in the market. We’re a bit tight [on stock] but we’re looking forward to more deliveries this week.”

Being able to actually find Switch in stores is now a concern for retailers. For example, GameSeek managing director Stephen Staley mentioned that stocks levels are “zero”. Because of this, he wasn’t able to sell any more Switches over the weekend seeing how it “wasn’t on sale.”

One manager told MCV that they’ve yet to hear from Nintendo about when the next batch of consoles would arrive and might have to wait until April.

“We are in communications with Nintendo but there is not a confirmed date as of yet. With Mario Kart coming in April I would hope there would be more stock before then but that’s not confirmed.”

Surely plenty stock for when Mario Kart drops?

Maybe that's why there's no big game before then too.... Hope they are ramping up production though I wonder if they're rejigging the joy con design and putting better wifi tech in there :D

Thats exactly what I think their strategy is. Crank out the games at a steady pace whilst stock builds.

We knew this would be the case but it's a shame that Nintendo are forcing price parity between eShop and Retail. I understand that it's to keep the retail partners on side but with Nintendo not being very good at organising sales on the eShop it means they're always going to look overpriced.

Dropped my Switch on the floor last night :(

Such an idiot. Was taking it up to bed to play some Zelda and have no idea how I managed to drop it but I did - straight onto wooden flooring. The left joycon took the brunt and now it slides off the console without having to press the release button. No damage elsewhere but I'm really annoyed at myself.

Joycon works ok. i tried it in the joycon grip and it slides out of that without needing the release button pressing too, so at least I know it's not the console that's damaged.

Going to buy a replacement joycon today but might just buy the neon pack instead.

Dropped my Switch on the floor last night :(

Such an idiot. Was taking it up to bed to play some Zelda and have no idea how I managed to drop it but I did - straight onto wooden flooring. The left joycon took the brunt and now it slides off the console without having to press the release button. No damage elsewhere but I'm really annoyed at myself.

Joycon works ok. i tried it in the joycon grip and it slides out of that without needing the release button pressing too, so at least I know it's not the console that's damaged.

Going to buy a replacement joycon today but might just buy the neon pack instead.

Might be better to wait for the inevitable joycon V2 in which desync is addressed rather than sink £80 on new ones right now.

Might be better to wait for the inevitable joycon V2 in which desync is addressed rather than sink £80 on new ones right now.

Is that actually on the cards in the immediate future though?

Do we know if it's fixable via an update or is it literally hardware?