NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

It's interesting how well the Switch is doing in Europe compared to PS4 given the European Sony market is typically stronger for them than America. Although the stock levels mean we might see a big spike followed by a big drop off before stock balances.

Although I'm not surprised by the Zelda attach rate :heh:

The attach rate really isn't a surprise but those numbers are quite reassuring! I still wanna see what comes of it(probs after the online/app stuff is detailed) but I'm feeling quite positive that it's getting decent sales - the bigger the install base the better I feel about getting content for the system going forwards. Can't recall who posted it(Jamba?) but the post somewhere about Indies' opinions on Nintendo is also quite reassuring - I expected much more from what they were touting re: their partnerships and unity etc for WiiU; seems that maybe that laid some foundation for what we might hopefully see for Switch.

Anyone remember what noises Nintendo were making at the Wii U's launch? I wasn't around back then on the forum but what was the spin Nintendo put on the launch, especially considering you could still walk into a store and pick one up?

My local ASDA has actually got a small section for the switch! The WiiU NEVER had a section and the only game I ever saw in there was mario kart 8 tucked in with Wii games.

Anyone remember what noises Nintendo were making at the Wii U's launch? I wasn't around back then on the forum but what was the spin Nintendo put on the launch, especially considering you could still walk into a store and pick one up?

Looking back through emails there was nothing mentioned by Nintendo (as commented in this Eurogamer article), and the machine was estimated to sell around 40,000 units in the UK in the first 48 hours (MCV).

And @Rummy it may not have been this one, but this is similar to what you were asking about: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/293404/Whats_it_like_developing_for_the_Switch_9_indie_studios_weigh_in.php

I'm sure it was @Jamba that told me there is some weird rights issue regarding that game outside Japan...

Not me bruv

So I managed to lock the switch so it stopped asking me about users. I've just added a Japanese account and now it's asking me all the time again... and I can't find the setting to turn it off. It's so stupid it asks you to switch users like this. Just awful. Let us pick a user and stick with that. Maybe press r and click if we want to switch users or something useful....

I just can't wait for some multiplayer games. It's frustrating seeing all the ne gang online but everybody is playing Zelda. Roll on 28th April for Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris

I just can't wait for some multiplayer games. It's frustrating seeing all the ne gang online but everybody is playing Zelda. Roll on 28th April for Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris

I'm well

Up for some bomberman. There's a few of us in here with it. I'll be up for a game tomorrow night!!

I'm well

Up for some bomberman. There's a few of us in here with it. I'll be up for a game tomorrow night!!

Me too!!!!

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart. Really think that the Switch will start coming into it's own at that point.

Btw, has anyone had a friends request from someone just called "V"?

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart. Really think that the Switch will start coming into it's own at that point.

I do believe that's someone's missus here. Can't remember who though...

Me too!!!!

Sounds good, I'd be up for that. Providing the Wi-Fi doesn't start acting up.

She's a member here. V Phoenix.

I've had a request from someone called Danny. Anyone here?

I'm sure it was @Jamba that told me there is some weird rights issue regarding that game outside Japan...

The Tetris Company has a license with Ubisoft and they have some sort of deal for exclusive rights for Tetris games on PSN.

Just to clarify, that's me, but I am not and never have been anyone here's missus. :)

Just to clarify, that's me, but I am not and never have been anyone here's missus. :)

Well then, you need to get working on that, don't you?

You guys could all save us the effort by naming your profiles after your forum names. :heh:

You guys could all save us the effort by naming your profiles after your forum names. :heh:

Nah, that makes WAY too much sense. After all, that's what I do, and I'm certifiably nuts.

Or you could add your Switch name to the spreadsheet if it's not obvious.

Think I might have to rearrange my HDMI cables as it seems having the Switch connected to the HDMI switcher when I'm using the PS4 (also in the same switcher) is messing things about a bit and the PS4 feed keeps cutting out for a few seconds. I assume there must be enough power going through the Switch in sleep mode that it confuses things.

So I managed to lock the switch so it stopped asking me about users. I've just added a Japanese account and now it's asking me all the time again... and I can't find the setting to turn it off. It's so stupid it asks you to switch users like this. Just awful. Let us pick a user and stick with that. Maybe press r and click if we want to switch users or something useful....

Yeah this is super annoying. I hope they sort it out in a future update. It's bugging me enough that I think I might just drop the Japanese account. Even if the Tetris demo is pretty fun!

What about the option in settings to default to a certain account?

For the sake of (future) multiplayer games I did, although I usually have a different name for device profile names / save slots etc (just my initials).

Or you could add your Switch name to the spreadsheet if it's not obvious.

Thought of doing that, but then decided to change my name to my forum name. Made some additions to the sheet though.

I haven't gotten around to adding people yet, though I had some friend requests myself. I didn't confirm a few who I didn't recognize, so add your Switch profile name to the spreadsheet.

Anyone mind if I just create a thread for friend codes?

I haven't gotten around to adding people yet, though I had some friend requests myself. I didn't confirm a few who I didn't recognize, so add your Switch profile name to the spreadsheet.

I went ahead and added my details to that spreadsheet. I will have to add everyone there soon.

What about the option in settings to default to a certain account?

Where about is that? I noticed a few settings went missing in the User section after I added a second account.