NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Is it really easy to download the demo? Just create a new account, Japanese, eshop, download, play?

Create the Japanese account on accounts.nintendo.com and make sure you choose Japan and then you just link a new profile on the Switch to that then yeah, nice and easy.

@Rummy you see your post highlights the clicky, buddy defence thing that's going on here - it's especially obvious when moderators consistently lack the impartiality they're supposed to exercise. You knowing Flink personally really shouldn't mean his views or opinions are more so regarded than mine, if you're really about creating a fair community here.

Likewise with Ashley too - there have been times when you've spoken on behalf of the person I quoted in a sort of support-defence way, ironically usually followed by "to be fair".

I really don't know how disagreeing with a statement is dismissing it... I never insuated Flink was lying. I trust the experiences that members postbis factual. I merely disagreed with the statement and thought a main motivation to post this observation was because it kind of aligned with his own sentiment - I'm still not dismissing his point. I have accepted it and came with my own personal opinion as a live owner of the device in question. Im really not bothered by people disliking the things I like. I've been very critical of Nintendo too but that seems to disappear into mist.

It's become a very toxic environment IMO. It's a consistent cycle of personal alignments and battle lines. I'm not leaving the forum to be dramatic but it just feels like a waste of time posting when all people choose to see are 'sides'. And yes I'm not going to lie it does get a bit personal - and that's because we've practically grew up together and personal life events were posted here... so it does feel a bit (sad?) when other members views and opinions seem valued more so than others.

But hey I will take some accountability. If I've said anything that has offended you or made you feel ridiculed - please accept my sincere apology. That's not who I am and I always aim to discuss respectfully. A lot of us are friends on Switch so we'll still be linked.

King_V salute.

Likewise with Ashley too - there have been times when you've spoken on behalf of the person I quoted in a sort of support-defence way, ironically usually followed by "to be fair".

The examples I can think of, and certainly the one time you called it out, it was explanatory. It wasn't in defence of someone (because I genuinely can't even recall who it was about), but merely trying to suggest a different reading. As I mentioned at the time, I was trying to help facilitate the conversation. Maybe it didn't come across that way, but I am trying. I am constantly being told this place is putting people off and I am trying, but quite often it seems people are happy to complain but do little to try and improve things. As I said yesterday (not sure if you've read back over the thread since your last post), it requires work from everyone. It feels that the people that complain the most that things need to change are often reluctant to do so themselves.

Maybe I'm just taking it too personally, but I don't want people leaving this place so once again, if anyone has suggestions on how to improve things please let me know. But we all need to improve.

My switch finally arrived! (but no Zelda!)

If anyone wants to add me up, my code is: SW-2623-8358-7989

Create the Japanese account on accounts.nintendo.com and make sure you choose Japan and then you just link a new profile on the Switch to that then yeah, nice and easy.

Can I link that new Japanese Nintendo Account to my Nintendo Network ID? That is the same ID that is linked to my European account.

Massive thanks to @S\.C\.G for sending me his spare Switch! Massively appreciated. I'll get your money as soon as possible.

My friend code is 3034-9087-7910

It's on the left as well though. Feel free to add me.

Can I link that new Japanese Nintendo Account to my Nintendo Network ID? That is the same ID that is linked to my European account.

As far as I know you'd only be able to link one account but I'm by no means an expert here. You just make a new account, link it to the new profile on the Switch and then play them that way. Any profile after that can play the games downloaded from the Japanese profile.

I know i'm not a mod anymore but can we please keep or possibly move all the recent general forum talk in here to this thread?

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57525&page=25&highlight=place

May as well keep the Switch thread free of such discussions.

I've been contemplating going back to it and I think maybe it is finally time to have a frank discussion again. I realise I'm posting here but it's difficult to mod/move stuff whilst at work so I can only apologise for that - I'll try to attend to it this evening and I think we'll see what the thread brings.

No I tried that. Doesn't allow it.

Interestingly speaking of different demographics I was at my mate's for CNY a few weeks back - and one of the first things her cousin said that night was that she wanted a Switch. It was kinda weird to me - because I know so many gamers who as groups were split down the middle. Why if a proper gamer didn't want it, would this(sorry to her) slightly airy girl want a Switch? She's a very girly girl and slightly airheady from what I know - loves disney, quite sheltered etc but still she wanted a Switch. I couldn't see it, I couldn't quite understand why - but she did. I thought that was cool though - because it meant where I thought the system wouldn't sell there was a demographic out there for it that I didn't know of or understand but it reassured me as I need this system to do well before I personally buy it.

I've had similar encounters. When I've been talking about Zelda, they ask me what console it's for. When I say the Switch, I'm met with the excited response "You've got a Switch?!!" Seems it's quite cool.

One reason is the advertising, especially for 1-2 Switch. When I saw the advert for that a month or so ago, I had a feeling it would hit the spot.

The other thing is that they've gone back to targeting hardcore + casual separately, with no bridge game like New Super Mario Bros. Although the entry of that game was successful on the Wii (several years after the console had made its debut), it wasn't enough to sell the Wii U at launch. For me, Twilight Princess was definitely a core game, but Breath of the Wild is ultra hardcore.

I'd argue the Switch goes one better than the Wii, because even the controller changes shape depending on how you want to play it. It's no exaggeration to say you could be playing it as a motion control experience (1-2 Switch), a hardcore console on the TV with the Pro controller, or (like I am) a dedicated handheld.

My switch finally arrived! (but no Zelda!)

If anyone wants to add me up, my code is: SW-2623-8358-7989

Buckle and go digital?

Buckle and go digital?

Finally got holda of it! Tescos website was lying and they had stock at £48. BOOM!

Massive thanks to @S\.C\.G for sending me his spare Switch! Massively appreciated. I'll get your money as soon as possible.

You're very welcome Glen. :D

Don't forget that you'll have a Micro SD card on the way as well. :) (thanks to @Aneres11 for that)

Feel free to get whatever accessories you need so that you're set up before worrying about paying me back but if you could please send me the payment sometime between now and E3 2017 (around three months from now) that'd be great. ;) (that's not even set in stone either, just throwing a random date out there)

I'm just happy to help out and I look forward to seeing you online on your new Switch, possibly for some games of Super Bomberman R at some point. : peace:

Just got my arse kicked by the computer in the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. Lot of fun though. I'll probably get the digital Switch version when its released as I expect it'll be another good podcast/video in the background game to play in handheld mode.

Isn't it only in Japan? I don't understand the logic of only releasing a demo in one area. When is this put?

How is the battery life for you guys? I've been splitting my time pretty evenly between playing on my TV using the Pro controller and playing in handheld mode and I've been able to easily play Zelda and Fast RMX for about 3 hours handheld and still have 10-15% battery. I'm surprised by how much I've used it in handheld mode, I was dead set on just playing Zelda on my TV but it still feels as epic and engrossing on the Switch's screen.

How is the battery life for you guys? I've been splitting my time pretty evenly between playing on my TV using the Pro controller and playing in handheld mode and I've been able to easily play Zelda and Fast RMX for about 3 hours handheld and still have 10-15% battery. I'm surprised by how much I've used it in handheld mode, I was dead set on just playing Zelda on my TV but it still feels as epic and engrossing on the Switch's screen.

I was playing Zelda in bed last night on low brightness with the Wi-Fi turned off and got nearly 4 hours out of it!! Really impressive.

Isn't it only in Japan? I don't understand the logic of only releasing a demo in one area. When is this put?

Well the game's already out in Japan, so that's why they have a demo.

The US/EU release is on April 28 (same day as MK8DX), so presumably we'll get a demo then as well.

Why the need for a European demo. Just download the Japanese version, no need to wait.

So last night my switch arrived, I set it up but no games. But anyway, hopefully Zelda arrives tomorrow and I pre-ordered Mario kart 8 Deluxe so if you plan on getting that and want add me go ahead.

Had a power cut last night, and as soon as the power died my Switch came out of sleep mode (because it detected it was undocked). I like the way you think, Nintendo

Not a problem with the Switch itself but god damn my muscle memory! The amount of times I keep pressing A to try and back out of something or B to select something!

Not a problem with the Switch itself but god damn my muscle memory! The amount of times I keep pressing A to try and back out of something or B to select something!

I'm playing through Final Fantasy IX on Steam with an XBone controller and I'm having the exact same problem with X and Y.

That Sword Fight minigame was hell to get perfect on.

I'm sure it was @Jamba that told me there is some weird rights issue regarding that game outside Japan...

Taken from gaf

The Switch have now the record of the fatest selling console at launch (3 days) in Spain, previously held by the PS4 (45k vs ~37k)

- 50000 units shipped, 90% sell-through (45000 units)

- PS4 sold through 37000 units at launch, 80000 during the first two weeks

- Zelda BotW almost has a 100% attach rate, which has not been seen before on the Spanish market