NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Nintendo bottlenecked themselves. 80k is a good launch, but the thing is sold out everywhere which would imply there would have been more stock sold had the availability been better.

So you can't really wish the uptake was better, because it would have been physically impossible and Nintendo themselves are to blame

I think I read 22% of Zelda sales were wii u copies.

Typo, you accidentally put a percentage sign after 22.

LMAO I knew it was coming. Damn hackers.

There's no hacking involved, they are just using a proxy to redirect URLs elsewhere.

Did you manage to pick up a US version of the SE Zelda?

I did indeed, the box was unnecessarily huge, so had to leave it behind.

The carry case made it worth it, ended up that I paid less for it than the uk se and got more.

I did indeed, the box was unnecessarily huge, so had to leave it behind.

The carry case made it worth it, ended up that I paid less for it than the uk se and got more.

Nice! It's certainly better than the one we got over here. :(

Nice! It's certainly better than the one we got over here. :(

One good thing I noticed though for the Switch limited edition, instead of plastering that HUGE green rating sticker on the front of the game box, there's all the rating stuff on the big box and NO rating on the physical game box! :D

A small thing to some maybe, but I appreciated it a lot and I figured you would too as I know that's one thing you dislike about Nintendo special editions and rightly so! :)

Anyway, here's a quick comparison pic...

5zio7n.jpg

I'm taking more Switch pics to go up on site soon hopefully but I thought I'd share this one as it's nice to see the difference between versions. : peace:

There's no hacking involved, they are just using a proxy to redirect URLs elsewhere.

Ah...

(What does that mean??)

@Nickwingfield

1. Fri-Sat sales of Nintendo Switch in Americas exceeded first two day sales of any system in Nintendo history.

2. Switch Zelda best standalone launch title sales beating Mario 64

System sales are compared to consoles not handhelds.

Edited by liger05

@Nickwingfield

1. Fri-Sat sales of Nintendo Switch in Americas exceeded first two day sales of any system in Nintendo history.

Sounds good, just needs legs now, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Arms should hopefully see to that...

That was quick. Not sure how that solves the problem for those stuck with the one they got out of the box.

I see on gaf some have said other online retailers have pulled it as well.

I cant believe the price of it. Initially I thought in comparison to other hdmi-usb C docks the price matched those but having seen the tear down its ridiculous.

The dock looks like it would cost Nintendo about $5 to produce. It's just all plastic with tiny electrical board.

They should be selling those for $40 max.

Edited by liger05

@Nickwingfield

Just to add to this, here are the numbers from Japan.

Switch Japan 1st week sales 313,700

Wii U: 308,600

Wii: 371,900

PS4: 322,100

Like other regions, the Switch seems to be sold out so many more units could have been sold.

As dazzybee and Ronnie have said, the next few months will be interesting and Nintendo need to keep the excitement and demand for the console going.

One good thing I noticed though for the Switch limited edition, instead of plastering that HUGE green rating sticker on the front of the game box, there's all the rating stuff on the big box and NO rating on the physical game box! :D

A small thing to some maybe, but I appreciated it a lot and I figured you would too as I know that's one thing you dislike about Nintendo special editions and rightly so! :)

Yeah, I was happy to see my SE didn't have the rating plastered over the front. With the Wii U I had to keep selling them on ebay and buying a normal edition. I couldn't have them on my shelf and it still drives me mad that i'm stuck with Bayonetta having th elogo on the front. :mad:

I noticed the triangle on the spine is still pink, though. I may be able to live with that....maybe....

Sooo... I got my Neon Switch eventually, and it has the left joycon sync issue :blank:

News gets weirder and weirder... Has anyone tried connecting their pro controller to PC? I wanna give pro evo a go with it. :)

Pretty sure this was confirmed to work out of the box right away.

Edited by Shorty

Sooo... I got my Neon Switch eventually, and it has the left joycon sync issue :blank:

Pretty sure this was confirmed to work out of the box right away.

Do you have Aquariams in your house? They supposedly cause an issue with joy con connectivity.:bouncy:

Possibility of a global dock recall? Probably not... but they might need to replace many individual docks and consoles when complaints arise. Say after 6 months, what proportion of launch buyers would have scratched systems? There is a chance they will offer to send new docks to everyone to save replacing more systems in the long run. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Possibility of a global dock recall? Probably not... but they might need to replace many individual docks and consoles when complaints arise. Say after 6 months, what proportion of launch buyers would have scratched systems? There is a chance they will offer to send new docks to everyone to save replacing more systems in the long run. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Hoping some third party docks appear. Ones that look a whole lot better.

Do you have Aquariams in your house? They supposedly cause an issue with joy con connectivity.:bouncy:

No. And I was using a grey switch in the same place/position all weekend and had no such issue so it's a problem specific to the device, not the environment.

It's kind of annoying, I'm going to get rid of the grey one and keep the neon one, just because that's the colour I want, despite knowing it's going to be an issue.

Maybe this is all a conspiracy to sell me a pro controller...

Barbaric, I know. And even without a screen protector. But god damn, its nice to bring the Switch on the bus and play some lovely Zelda all the way!

jqhph5.jpg

So what's the opinion on game saves being tied to the console. That's a problem for broken hardware users before cloud saves are introduced.

Regarding the dock situation. Wonder if we really will see a revised dock. The current one is problematic and that cannot be denied.

Nintendo should get on top of the situation early before we see multiple reports of consumers telling stories of switch consoles being scratched all over the place.

But yeah the dock is cheap as hell and the price Nintendo have attached to buying extra docks is outrageous.

There literally nothing to it.

Edited by khilafah

The save game data being tied to the console memory is a major oversight. It makes no sense at all. To not allow one to save to external memory is just bizarre.