NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Until we get a new thread for friend codes (*shudders*), here's mine:

0880-9543-6801

Any one feel free to add me : SW-1072-7197-0143.

Iv bought Shovel Knight treasure trove and spectre of torment I'm guessing I didn't need to buy spectre of torment separately? Did I just spend £8.99 without need :wtf:

Set up a Google sheet tied to my site account that people should be able to add to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16rLswYcXltyyRu8Rv5gEwljvRtgFkFxgZtjA0H-TdcI/edit?usp=sharing

I'll add mine at some point too :heh:

I'm thinking of perhaps tomorrow starting a new thread for Switch now that it's actually out. If so I'll put an informative first post which will include the above.

Just realised this was set to view only, but should now be editable.

@V\. Amoleo

You can switch it on with controllers.

Go to controller settings to rearrange controller options.

And it was a piece of piss to take out on and take off the joycons from the first time, unless you're @Blade :)

@V\. Amoleo

You can switch it on with controllers.

Go to controller settings to rearrange controller options.

And it was a piece of piss to take out on and take off the joycons from the first time, unless you're @Blade :)

Which button do I have to press on the controllers to get the Switch to turn on?

Thanks for the assist with the controller rearrangement.

And I'll likely get use to removing the controllers. It's just a bit awkward at the minute.

I'll give a more detailed review of the Switch later on. There are positives and negatives.

This is a sleek piece of hardware and I have never been happier being a Nintendo fan :).

10 years ago was my last Nintendo hardware purchase so this is a pretty momentus day for me! I didn't have a pre order and I just couldn't stop thinking about Zelda after all the reviews. I managed to snag a reservation at Argos this morning whilst on the train just before they enforced paying for it immediately online. Picked it up just before leaving for home this evening and will be digging into it tonight!

cvzOiUo.jpg

Right hand side of your profile.

Cheers man.

Friend code:

SW-0176-2273-4141

Just going to add everyone.

Which button do I have to press on the controllers to get the Switch to turn on?

Thanks for the assist with the controller rearrangement.

And I'll likely get use to removing the controllers. It's just a bit awkward at the minute.

I'll have a test when I go back on, I'm pretty sure I just pressed A.

You definitely will. To be honest I was just using it as an excuse to bring it back up that @Blade tried putting the joycons on upside down :)

Word to the wise, DON'T accidently put the wrong strap on the wrong Joycons. It gets jammed and I had to really force it off.

My Impressions - Been on it since 1pm straight! (8h30m)

Really impressed with the build quality of the system. Very un-Nintendo in aesthetic - Its like what you would imagine the Game Gear to have evolved into in terms of hardware.

Taken aback by how small the dock and joycons really are. Playing with the joycons for the first 10 or so minutes felt strange as its small and the joysticks seem a little smaller in circumference to usual pads... but after get to grips with it - with the joycon grip - Its a really stellar pad. Feels like no other pad I've ever used before yet feels so familiar in build.

LOVE the minimalist smooth interface, a far cry from the 3DS which for me just felt messy with all those 3d block objects and such. Everything feels slick, reminds me of my Amazon Fire interface. Very happy with how smooth it is to suspend gameplay - I was adding friends inbetween playing BOTW.

Don't feel I would need a joycon charging grip as it actually allows me to balance the handheld and console modes - as in when the joycons were low on battery rather than stop playing I took the game to handheld while plugged in. LOVE the handheld/console option so ingenious.

As for negatives: The kickstand does feel like the weakest link in terms of build quality. Requires a bit too much figgiting and force to get out. Obviously the eshop is bare bones at the moment but that will change rather quickly esp with the Indies pulling through - already eyeing up my next adventure in I am Setsuna, just bought Fast RMX.

All-in-all, really haven't felt this excited in a long time... Prob since when I was 15 and got my Japanese GC and when I first encountered Pikmin. This is how Christmas used to feel... Only Nintendo could do this for me.

Doing my last trial on the plateau in BOTW, casually playing Fast and when my partner is back from the shop with snacks we will both delve into 1-2 Switch together. :)

Edited by King_V

I'll give a more detailed review of the Switch later on. There are positives and negatives.

This is a sleek piece of hardware and I have never been happier being a Nintendo fan :).

Same. Though I was happy with Wii u so it's not saying much.

All my issues are with the software of the system. And some are really fucking annoying. But the system itself is almost perfect.

Word to the wise, DON'T accidently put the wrong strap on the wrong Joycons. It gets jammed and I had to really force it off.

Been there, done that! I did panic slightly... day one breakage there and then!

I'll have a test when I go back on, I'm pretty sure I just pressed A.

You definitely will. To be honest I was just using it as an excuse to bring it back up that @Blade tried putting the joycons on upside down :)

:D :D

It took me ages getting the pro controller to work too.

Everything arrived when I was out at the dentist's (one of those times I'm actually glad to have housemates) this afternoon. Played a couple of hours of Zelda and about an hour of 1-2-Switch. Hopefully everyone has got theirs or has plans in place to get everything they want/need over the next few days.

My code is 1114-6376-2817

Who's Kube. They've sent me a friend request, don't want to Accept if they're not from here.

Ive only added people from the recommended list. Might have a blitz tomorrow.

Who's got bomberman. Let's get a game organised for the weekend!

Used it for like 45 mins.

Nintendo handheld I've always wanted.

My code is 1114-6376-2817

Who's got bomberman. Let's get a game organised for the weekend!

I'll be up for some games when mine arrives! Can you play against people from your friends list or is it just against randoms.

Its looking like on FAST RMX you can only play against randoms :(. I may be missing something though.

Hopefully it's just launch day speeds but it's taking much longer than I should do to download Metal Slug 3 on the Switch. It's only 150 odd megs.

Just been playing Just Dance for a while. Sweaty as hell.

Happy Switchmas!!!

Is there a Switch friend code thread somewhere? I wanna play FAST RMX with someone!

My Switch friend code is SW-7503-0126-2335.

(I haven't been on here for about 6 months, but it feels good to log on again!)

Edited by are1981

All-in-all, really haven't felt this excited in a long time... Prob since when I was 15 and got my Japanese GC and when I first encountered Pikmin. This is how Christmas used to feel... Only Nintendo could do this for me.

I am genuinely surprised by how much I like it. I've linked it to my Nintendo account now, and merged my eShop funds - all simple and straightforward.

Only slight negatives are that the controls are a bit small and fiddly. Plus, the unit feels too flimsy to hold from one side only (which I often did with 3DS).

PS - Is there a way to import my Wii U Mii?