General Switch Discussion

Nintendo Switch

Released 3rd March 2017

Switch_Console_and_Controllers_-_Red_Blue.jpg

N-Europe Review

content-15-35084-logo.jpg

EU Launch Lineup

Retail and eShop

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Review (coming soon) - Thread (Spoilers) - Thread (Spoiler-free)

1-2-Switch - Review (coming soon) - Thread

Just Dance 2017 - Review (coming soon)

Skylanders Imaginators

Super Bomberman R - Thread

eShop Only

Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! - Review (coming soon) - Thread

I Am Setsuna - Thread

Fast RMX - Review (coming soon) - Thread

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Thread

Voez

New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers

Vroom in the Night Sky

Neo Geo Shock Trooper

Neo Geo World Heroes Perfect

Neo Geo King of Fighters '98

Neo Geo Waku Waku 7

Neo Geo Metal Slug 3

Othello

Coming Soon

Arms - Thread

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth + - Thread

Blaster Master Zero - Thread

Fire Emblem - Thread

Fire Emblem Warriors - Thread

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Thread

Project Octopath Traveller - Thread

Rime - Thread

Runner 3 - Thread

Skyrim - Thread

Sonic Mania - Thread

Splatoon 2 - Thread

Super Mario Odyssey - Thread

Ultra Street Fighter 2 - The Final Challengers - Thread

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Thread

Yooka-Laylee - Thread

Other Threads

Indie Games

Launch Day

Previous Switch/NX Thread

Release Dates

Switch Accessorites

Hardware images

Friend Code List

You can also update your profile to add your Switch friend code: http://n-europe.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

About this new thread

We have decided to close the old thread because it has literally been around years and it's full of console speculation, disagreements and towards the end "where the hell is my delivery!?!".

We have moved across the post-launch discussions about the machine and intend for this to be the general general Switch thread going forward.

We have also closed the Other Switch Thread in the other console forum. That topic was created because people felt they couldn't openly and honestly discuss and criticise the NX/Switch and while it was not what we felt was necessarily best, we understand members felt a need for it. We are now asking that as the console has launched and we know about it more and what its pros and cons are, any discussions are done in this thread. Be courteous of others when discussing and ask for clarification if something seems wrong or 'absurd' to you. Please respect that others may think differently to you. Those that are being obstructive or insulting will be contacted and if it continues will find themselves banned from the thread and, if necessary, further action will be taken.

Edited by Ashley

This is probably a stupid question, but does the Switch etc. come fully charged straight out of the box?

Mine was 47% charged after I did all the set-up stuff. Joycons were fully charged though.

I'm so tired. Playing Zelda till 3am doesn't seem like such a good idea right now....

Damn just heard the BBC3 radio news on Switch's release, but the only angle they came from was that "Nintendo defends its lack of launch titles" and "some have been critical of the Switch"... This is the knee-jerk media these days -no yin to the yang.

Well hello there!

Add me! My friend code is SW-4779-2593-7390!

c6cdu.jpg

Gratulerer! I vil add deg nor jeg har min. ^^

I called Nintendo, they said the tracking numbers on some orders are 'ghost numbers' so don't work. And reassured me they will all arrive today!!!

Ghost numbers? Whats the point of tracking then. :hmm:

Picked mine up at a midnight launch last night.

Played about 3 hours of Zelda, ignored first objective and just went exploring and climbing and found stuff, I am LOVING IT.

Took day off work, the wife has gone out, son at school, just need to preoccupy the daughter with the TV and I can game away in handheld mode :)

Got the Limited Edition of Zelda....though I stupidly managed to break the flower on the Master Sword statue while making a quick Unbox video *idiot* :(

Well hello there!

Add me! My friend code is SW-4779-2593-7390!

c6cdu.jpg

Actually its 4779-2593-7390 :heh:

And you can add it to your profile by going to User CP > Edit Your Details ;)

Don't know if it has been stated here but, while you can connect to the other eShops, like with the PS4 you cannot use foreign credit cards so you'd need to buy eShop credit from stores in the region in question to buy from it

Don't know if it has been stated here but, while you can connect to the other eShops, like with the PS4 you cannot use foreign credit cards so you'd need to buy eShop credit from stores in the region in question to buy from it

Whaaa? You could on the 3Ds! :(

Update only took like a minute to download and install.

Whaaa? You could on the 3Ds! :(

Update only took like a minute to download and install.

Maybe if you had a Japanese Switch it'll be fine.

There's a work around by merging wallets with your Japanese accounts for 3DS and Switch and then add it through the 3DS. It'll then show on the Switch

Had a 2 hour gap between jobs today and went to have a gander at all the big electronics and game stores around the central part of the city.

Everywhere is flat out of stock, no estimate for when they're expecting their next delivery so a lot of people gathering around the big promotional kiosks looking gutted.

EDIT: REGARDING LEFT JOY CON

Some one has opened up the Joy Cons and found that the left joy con's antenna is placed differently than the right joy con. The right has the antenna at the tip of the controller, the left has it directly in the center making it more susceptible to connectivity issues.

Basically, unless there is a power saving mode enabled on the chip, this is not patch-able and is a design flaw.

Edited by Debug Mode

Yeah, this is different to my case though. Some tracking numbers have been incorrectly assigned when they're actually coming by Hermes, so the code doesn't work at all, whereas mine just indicates no progress.

I'm getting one by the end of the day anyway, so as long as Simply Games hasn't let me down, I'll be on Zelda tonight regardless!

Even if my Neon console arrives from NUK today, their handling of the process has been very poor considering the time they had to prepare, so I don't think I'll use them again.

Well mine says the same as you, but they said it's wrong...

Had a 2 hour gap between jobs today and went to have a gander at all the big electronics and game stores around the central part of the city.

Everywhere is flat out of stock, no estimate for when they're expecting their next delivery so a lot of people gathering around the big promotional kiosks looking gutted.

Some one has opened up the Joy Cons and found that the left joy con's antenna is placed differently than the right joy con. The right has the antenna at the tip of the controller, the left has it directly in the center making it more susceptible to connectivity issues.

Basically, unless there is a power saving mode enabled on the chip, this is not patch-able and is a design flaw.

Image posted in Gaf from Imgur showing the different placement internally.

6JsU9GX.jpg

Image posted in Gaf from Imgur showing the different placement internally.

6JsU9GX.jpg

That's a good find.

Is there no way to boost the signal via a patch?

That's a good find.

Is there no way to boost the signal via a patch?

It is possible say, for example, they aren't broadcasting at maximum strength to save battery life. We have no idea really.

The thing we do know is that the internal design is to blame rather than any defective parts.

So it took me a while to figure out how to put the joy cons on. It turned out that I had the machine the wrong way round :)

Aight lairds. My friend code for my Switch is SW-5442-9012-6148. Add me! And set your name as your forum name so I know who you are!

So it took me a while to figure out how to put the joy cons on. It turned out that I had the machine the wrong way round :)

LOL.

Dude, you really crack me up. Lad at work just asked what I was laughing about. :D

I think the fact people are leaving the SW- at the start of their friend codes when posting shows its a system that definitely has flaws ;)