NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Are there any games you CANT play?

Im not on about games which are too hard but games that are rated very highly but for some reason that you cant fathom you have trouble playing.

I came accross this situation with Metroid Prime. It took me ages to pick it up and play it but when I did I stormed through it.

Next is Mario and Luigi. I have owned this games twice now and both times I can hardly get past the 2nd world for reasons that i cant explain.

Lastly is Metroid Prime 2. I have had this sitting here for well over 6 months and I still cant manage to pick it up and start it.

Has anyone else been through this with any games?

I know exactly what you mean. Super Mario Sunshine, I have owned it on about 3 different occassions and never have I played more than about the first couple of levels. Just cant get into it, as much as I would love to!

Harvest Moon:AWL

I love harvest moon; I love the gamecube; I can't abide this. I have bought and sold it three times. Played it for about 5 hours in total. I can't play it.

I dropped Final Fantasy X like a bad habit after the first game of blitzball.

I know exactly what you mean. Super Mario Sunshine, I have owned it on about 3 different occassions and never have I played more than about the first couple of levels. Just cant get into it, as much as I would love to!

I urge you to get into it, It's a great game (although I also owned it 3 times, but I'm glad I finally completed it)

On subject, one game I can not get into is Metroid, be it Prime, Prime 2 or even the older games, I just can't get into them

Prime 2. I got it played for a while then stopped cuz I couldnt be arsed to go on. I tried to get back into it but couldnt. May try again someday possibly near Prime 3 release.

Pikmin 2. It's been in my collection nearly a year and I've barely played it yet. But I really like it. I hope to get into it once I've got a lot of games out of the way. But before Zelda comes hopefully.

Oh, and Metroid Prime. Just never played so I sold it, and recently got it now i'm loving it. Wouldn't say I'm exactly storming through it though (3 hours play in a month, no time to play games).

Anything final fantasy, cant abide it. probably coz i had a friend that treated it like a fundamentalist does religion and he wuldnt stfu

I've never really been able to get into any of the Resident Evil games, other than 4. The controls make them unplayable.

I am absolutely crap at all traditional first person shooters (not including metroid). Especially Halo/Halo 2.

Ive had resi evil for sges and just cant get into it, its so boring with the amount of ammo but im sure resi evil 4 is good

i have so many of those games lol out of about 20 games i play maybe 2 or 3 Resident Evil 4, SSBM, and SSX3 lol i try playing other games but for like Harvest moon AWL i play for like 6 hrs (game time) and ill get bored and do something else.

I bought REmake and never got into it. Only liked RE4 and also bought PN03 but it's not my type of game.

The level of TimeSplitters 2 in the church, with the spiralling staircase. I feel so sick.

And Half Life 2, if I play too much of that I get motion sickness. Cursed thing!

TLOZ: OoT. Yeah I know, its meant to be amazing bla bla bla but with OoT disc I got with WW was a bit more difficult and boring than Wind Waker which was bright, exciting, fresh.

Oh and be gentle with me :p

Prime is great once you get into it.. RIDLEY ROX!!! But I did go off it once for a while, I'm off Echoes atm cos the Spider Ball boss is irritating.

I'm also put off Resi/0 because they are complicated or i keep dying/losing too much life/etc etc. PN03 is also one due to its lack of interestingness and DK: Jungle Beat is hard now, same with Billy Hatcher:S

One reason I don't get through them is because I'm distracted by other games or just don't feel like playing them or I want to play them but wont have the time to get into them properly (too late, soon college, friends round etc)

The Tony hawks games: A friend always buys the new one every year and I always attempt to have a go, and…and I can see it’s a good game, I can appreciate how it can be fun and everything but I can’t play it for the life of me.

Another game is Golden sun for the GBA. I’ve started twice over and both times, although when I first start I end up playing for a few hours, I never feel bothered to go back…even though everyone says its great and everything.

Also: Metroid prime: marmite of gaming?

animal crossing on gamecube played about 30 minutes of it. what the is going on, just so boring. i know what the concept is and what to do but just cant get my mind around it.

wave race: blue storm is another of mine, had it just as long as animal crossing and only played it once. i like the 64 version but this just seems different.

Metal Arms gives me terrible motion sickness. I managed to play the first level and haven't played it since.

I couldn't get into Metroid the first time I played it, but when I did get into it I loved it. I still need to finish that at some point. I'm up to the final boss.

R:racing. Just cant play it cos it's totally crap, the cars seem to go so slow i feel like jumping in the TV and pushing them along. I've played that game like twice, hate it.

the only other one is Ghost Recon, i just cant be arsed with it, tried playing it a few time and just get annoyed and bored.

Metroid Echoes (I refuse to call it Prime 2: Echoes), it just plain sucked compared to the original. I could never get into it, and i've tried to many times.

Metroid Prime was amazing. Takes a bit to get in to, and you really have to sit down and play it for a decent amount of time to enjoy it. However for me, I just got Skies of Arcadia Legends and I just can't seem to play it. I know it's good but having just come from ToS, the combat system just feels reeeealy slow. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4. Played it for quite a bit, but never managed to finish it, the harder bit just destroy your soul. Harvest Moon, as well. It's fun...but my god I feel as though I'm wasting my life when playing it. Advance Wars DS..awesome...but....too...hard...besides I need to play Mario Kart DS online (all the time).