NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Inazuma Eleven Looks To Be Heading To Europe!!

I was checking Gaf and apparently gamesbasement.co.uk are selling a version with the english language on it. I have checked the site but it shows the German version, which is supposed to lack an english option. I noticed Domstercool posted on Gaf saying he had ordered it, so I suppose we could play the waiting game and ask him. :D

I was reading that there is DLC for the game,much like Dragon Quest IX. You can download new players using Wifi, I never knew about that feature!

The game was released in a few European countries yesterday.

Here in Portugal we also got the game in English. I picked up a copy today.

Wow, I can't remember the last time I went to a store to purchase a local release, since importing always ends up being a much cheaper option. The game is being sold for 39.99€ at the stores I've checked.

It's strange what they are doing with this game, since it has the potential of being a big seller.

Looking at the cover (which even has a few shiny bits), it's clear some care went into preparing this release, so it's perplexing why the game is currently being "dumped", with some markets getting very low stocks, while others are not even getting the game at all.

Is Nintendo doing this to "protect" the upcoming release of Pokemon Black & White, as a way to avoid a potential competitor? :wtf:

I heard a rumor that the delay in the UK was to launch the game along with the anime, but I've never heard of us getting the anime.

Finally got the game today - a single copy arrived at the local GAME store yesterday, and they were kind enough to reserve it for me without me even asking.

Still, it's quite weird how they only got a single one. I was expecting them to get at least a few more - it's Level-5, after all.

Same thing happened with another great game - Ghost Trick. There was only a single copy available in the entire city, and I've got it. :U

Anyways, back to Inazuma Eleven.

...I didn't really get to play much before the teacher arrived. The intro was amazing, though. x3

I checked the neogaf thread today and found that many, including Dom, still haven't recieved their orders from gamesbasement. I was very close to ordering from them, glad I didn't now.

It's annoying that the whole of Europe is now playing this, while us in the UK are left sitting on the bench. :(

Yeah, H-o-T, I've been following those developments too. Inazuma Eleven is never gonna live up to the hype us deprived souls are building. Did I read that it was added to the stars catalogue in the UK for two weeks so we could register our interest and get 50 stars? I read that atleast a week ago. I was kind of riding out that fortnight in the hopes that some release info might follow for us.

If all else fails, FireMeowth will lend it to us when he's done. :hehe:

Yeah, it appeared on the register list but then got taken down later. :(

Balls. :hmm: I missed that news.

Erm... maybe we'll get it for the Euros in 2012?

Nintendo have doomed this game :( not many people will bother once the 3ds is out. I was keen to buy this ho the hell could they mess it up so bad with the release :s

It seems to be selling pretty nicely here in Portugal.

It's sold out everywhere to the point new stock has arrived and gone; it's also sold out or low on stock in Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden judging from their online store availability. I'm sure it's a mix of "we never saw it coming" and the fact it wasn't released in UK from where a lot of people import, but the game seems to be pushing at the very least interesting numbers.

It's a shame it's so hard to get. I've been to pretty much every store in the capital here and still haven't managed to buy it.

whats really annoying is that all the final stock in the uk has been bought by ebay sellers

How do you know?

So we just aren't getting any in then? Poor effort!

Buy here:

-> http://en.konsolinet.fi/tuotekortti.php?path=8/21/10891 £33.25

It has english boxart and english manuals and it's not too expensive; and they ship to the UK, of course.

I already have mine:

23u7vwx.jpg

I don't have much time to play these days (3rd year of university et all) but from the few hours I poured into it I really like how high quality and fresh it feels, I certainly hope to see the sequels to make it over before DS is done seeing it is a triology.

It seems to be selling well in the countries it was released on, it's been flying off the shelves in spain, it was the best selling DS game in Italy and here in Portugal they didn't antecipate the sales to the point the stock was dry for two weeks. There's a new shipment now so things are looking up; let's hope it keeps selling. (and that the UK version reaches UK retailers soon enough)

Edited by pedrocasilva

CVG have a preview up. Here's what they say about a UK release:

Already available in other corners of Europe, the game remains off-limits to UK owners for the time being, as Nintendo hang on for the accompanying series to be aired on British TV. There's every chance the game might be available as you read this, or it might have another few months in Delaysville yet.

Promising but still no movement on Game or Amazon.

FINALLY! I got myself a copy of the game. :yay:

Picture001-1.jpg

I've been watching and waiting for ages now on ebay for an english language version of the game to pop up. Many have came and gone but most were charging £50+ due to how rare it is but the other day I nabbed a copy. I went and checked Amazon and a company called Game Force were selling it for £29.99. I have dealt with them before so I ordered it and it arrived today, a fully sealed, UK version of the game, complete with green arrow spine.

If anyone else is eager to play this game I suggest heading over to amazon as Game Force still have a copy for sale for the same price.

Screw you, NoE!

Nice one, H-o-T!

Has there been any word on the animé airing over here? I take it we are never gonna get an official UK release at this point. ::shrug:

Has there been any word on the animé airing over here? I take it we are never gonna get an official UK release at this point. ::shrug:

I haven't heard anything about the anime getting aired over here. It must have aired in france already because they are getting the dvds soon.

So, i've put a few hours into this game and it's simply fantastic. I really don't know where to begin explaining it so I will try and break it down.

Graphics/Presentation

Beautiful. I could leave it at that but I better go on about it a bit more. :) The game starts with an anime intro which looks great but I have to be honest the lyrics are awful....apart from the " Stand up! Stand up if you love football!" line. :D

The game mostly uses 2D sprites, which are colourful and are easy to make out. You can clearly tell which character is supposed to be which as they walk around the school. Like certain Final Fantasy games the characters that you have picked for your team follow you around the world one after another in a line.

inazuma.jpg

The game switches to 3D when a character does a special move in the game ( more on this later ). These typically over the top moves look great even if they only last for a few seconds.

inazuma2.jpg

During the course of the game you will get anime cutscenes which develop the important parts of the story, again these are of high quality. Fans of Professor Layton should enjoy these as the main character ( Mark ) sounds alot like Luke and most of the other characters have the same accent.

Gameplay/Controls

This may take a while....

When you aren't playing footy you get to walk around your school or go to other locations in the city. While you go about your travels there are chests to be found, just like in any good RPG. You can also talk to your class mates and random people for any hints and tips as to where to go next. The game also gives you a map with arrows on and also marks down the location of where the NPCs are.

While you walk around the city you may get into a random match. People from other sports clubs will often challenge you to a game which will net you experience points for your team providing you win of course. Sometimes the match will have a certain objective that will need to be met before the time runs out. Early on in the game I had to be the first to score and then after that in another match I had to make sure I hit a locker with the ball while the sumo team tried to stop me. :)

Just outside of the school is your teams base of operations. In here you can get your manager to scount for new players. The can search for random players or put down specific criteria such as a striker or a player of a certain element type ( again more on that later ). You can hire up to 100 players for your team, whether it's by trading with a friend, using WiFi or getting them in game, either way it's up to you how you obtain them.

Inside the school there is a store which will let you buy items that will help your players in a few ways. Things such as food will help you to regain any energy you lost after your previous match or you can buy accessories for your players to help improve one of their stats while on the pitch. If you don't want to buy food to heal your players you can find healing points dotted around the world but these also come at a price.

So how do you play an actual game of football? This is where things get a little complicated so bear with me.

At the start of the match you select your team and the formation you would like to use. After that the game will kick off. To pass the ball you tap on the touch screen where you want it to go. The nearest player will then run towards it and if you tap the screen again before he reaches the ball he will then make a quick pass as soon as he gets it.

If you want to keep the ball and try and run up the pitch then all you need to do is draw a line from the player to your destination. This is a good way to draw your opponents in and then quickly pass it into the space you've just made. Doing this may result in a tackle though.

To shoot all you need to do is find an opening and then tap the net.

Tackling in the game comes down to a stat battle. Each player has a number which indicates his strength and also a certain amount of health. The game shows you both players numbers which will help you decide the type of tackle you use. You have options on both the left and right of the touch screen. One uses alot of health but is more successful while the other uses a small amount but has a less likely chance of success. So do you want a normal tackle of a sliding one? This same principal is used for things like striking and saving shots. Strike or chip? Punch the ball or catch it?

A few other things help turn the tables though. Firstly each player has an element attatched to them. There are 4 elements in the game and if you trump your opponent you will most like get the ball, score the shot or save the shot.

The second thing that will help you on the pitch is your super moves. When you level up you may learn a move that when activated will cause some serious damage. These moves cost what is essentially magic points but are worth the payoff as you can save or score many shots with them, especially if the element is in your favour.

Lastly is the team spirit power. By press the L and R buttons at the same time you active a sort of super mode for all your players. This will increase their stats but use a massive amount of magic. It can only be used once in a match so try to time it well.

Phew! I hope that made a little sense. As I said earlier i've only scraped the surface of the game and I had look through the instructions and I see there are ALOT more techinques that I haven't learnt yet. I can see this being one of the best games that nobody in the UK will play. :(

Just spotted the anime on TV. Disney XD at 9.00PM. Didn't know it was showing yet.

Edited by Ike

Nintendo UK are also featuring the game on the little software leaflets that come with first party games (Solatorobo, to be precise).

It must be close! :bouncy:

An officially official UK release, that is. Bloody bureaucracy .

It must be close! :bouncy:

It is!

Inazuma 11, the football RPG from the creators of Professor Layton, will be released in the UK for DS on 26 August.

While FIFA 12 won't be out until October, this Nintendo-published football game will be released during the first month of the football season.

It's a bit different from football games such as FIFA and PES, however. You wouldn't see flying fireballs, power spins, sky kicks and teleporting strikers in FIFA!

The game follows the journey of teenage goalkeeper Mark Evans as he tries to recruit the best players possible for his school football team so that they can try to win the prestigious Football Frontier tournament.

Along the way, he will meet characters such as Axel Blaze, an extremely talented striker with a secret, and pit his skills against players like Jude Sharp, a playmaker for the rival Royal Academy team.

As well as playing football you'll have to explore the town in the game to hunt for potential team mates. There are over 1000 in-game characters which you can scout, each one with their own statistics, unique skills and special abilities.

In addition, if you connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection there are over 50 additional characters that can be recruited to your team. It is up to you to craft a team from your players with the abilities that support your strategic approach to the game.

As for the football, there are two types of matches: either full 11-a-side games or 4-on-4 challenges which feature scoring or possession tasks.

Then there are the fantasy moves including special dribbles and water waves, to flying ice kicks and shooting a football fireball! You can only possess one skill during the match so you have to choose carefully.

As for multi-player, you can play with up to four friends and trade players via local wireless communications.

Are you looking forward to playing Inazuma 11 on DS? To get a taste for the series you can watch the anime series which kicked off on the Disney XD Channel on 25 July.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28994/inazuma-11-uk-release-date-confirmed/

Looks like I caught the anime when it just started as well.

!!

I was just saying to H-o-T that I thought this day would never come and here we are, out of the blue, Inazuma Eleven has a UK release date. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

Xenoblade and IE in the same month. You gotta love being from the EU. :grin: