NEurope
Retro_Link

Minute for Madeleine

But this video isn't going to change that. She's 2 years older now and even if somebody had seen that video (I mean seriously that picture could be millions of girls that age) I could walk down the street with Maddy and nobody except her family would be able to know.
Well it's just a reminder to people isn't it, 2 years on.

Even if just for the next day or hour even after somebody watches the video, they might notice a possible sighting etc... it's still worthwhile.

Plus the video does contain a guestimate of what she may look like now, though it could be completely worthless. But then facially, maybe there's not much change between the ages of 4 and 6 anyway.

u guys this is sooooo 2008

Except for the fact she's still missing.

You'd give up on your child after a couple of years then would you, and hope everyone else do the same?

Edited by Retro_Link

The truth is we may never know. But regardless of your opinion, I think it's worth putting your skepticism to one side. There's every possibilty that she's still out there and I know that if it were my child I would be doing everything I could to get her back.

So pass the video on.

I'm glad she isn't my mother.

I'm sorry but I happen to agree with chair, what makes her so different from the many other children that get taken every year, or the adults that get taken?

If you care so much about the other people that are missing, why don't you look over a list of missing persons so you might actually know if you came across one? This one just happens to have been put in front of everyone's noses so that they don't have to go out of their way to find out about them.

There is no downside to having this person projected into the public eye...the possible upside being that there is a very small chance that she is alive and this could assist her discovery. So all of you complaining about someone who went missing spoiling your web-surfing time - get some fucking perspective.

Yeah she's not scummy like those other rats.

I always wondered that if the parents were working-class scum whether their other kids would have been taken off them.

That wasn't a dig at the working-class, I'm from that background.

Just... saying.

I'm a bit of a dick and shouldn't post in these sorts of threads really.

Anyway, I will do my bit and look out for the little kid.

If I see someone with her I'll rugby tackle them to the ground.

Yeah she's not scummy like those other rats.

I always wondered that if the parents were working-class scum whether their other kids would have been taken off them.

That wasn't a dig at the working-class, I'm from that background.

Just... saying.

I'm a bit of a dick and shouldn't post in these sorts of threads really.

Anyway, I will do my bit and look out for the little kid.

If I see someone with her I'll rugby tackle them to the ground.

Nah the angle I was getting at was; plenty of working class (and ethnic minority) children are taken, contemplate why they don't have two-year long campaigns.

But perhaps I'm cynical.

I really dont see why people have a problem with this and just complain.

Its a lost little girl. So what if she gets more attention than others, thats not her fault and doesnt mean she deserves to be found any less. So her parents managed to stir up a media frenzy to get the coverage and pressure on police. Im certainly not going to condemn them for that, if someone I loved was lost I would do everything I could just as they seem to have.

She is almost certianly dead but hell if people want to carry on campaigning I don't have a big issue. I feel its pointless but they are doing something good for one kid while I am helping no missing kids at all.

These new 'photos' of her could be absolutely any young girl of her age. The chances are if she even is still alive she's forgotten who her real parents are.

Efforts should be made to make sure nothing like this ever happens again by raising awareness of people who do kidnap children and how we can prevent it.

It's obviously sad for the family that Madeleine was taken but at the end of the day. They left her by herself when they were out. In a foreign country! That's basic parenting! Never leave your child alone where ever you are; especially when you're on holiday!

As far as I can see there are 3 potential outcomes to this:

1) She died shortly after being abducted and will never be found.

2) She's living under another identity and has no idea who she actually is. Chances of her being found are very slim but ofcourse something might come up in the future.

3) She's been abducted and being held in captivity akin to Natascha Kampusch and may or may not emerge in the future.

You think she'd have forgotten who she is or who her parents are? I mean, she's young, but still. I find that a little hard to believe. :blank:

Not if she was told over and over that her parents told her captors that they had to look after her, they were her new parents etc etc. After a while she'd get used to it. She was 3, and impressionable.

These new 'photos' of her could be absolutely any young girl of her age. The chances are if she even is still alive she's forgotten who her real parents are.

True, they are so vague it's unreal.

You think she'd have forgotten who she is or who her parents are? I mean, she's young, but still. I find that a little hard to believe. :blank:

Have you not seen the film Double Jeopardy? Course the kiddies know.

What's that line from South Park...?

YOU MURDERING MURDERERS! TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW! SLIMY SCUMBAG LIARS! MURDERERS! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?

Not if she was told over and over that her parents told her captors that they had to look after her, they were her new parents etc etc. After a while she'd get used to it. She was 3, and impressionable.

I don't think I'd have bought that. But again, I was a genius already when I was 3, so I might be a bad comparison.

I don't think I'd have bought that. But again, I was a genius already when I was 3, so I might be a bad comparison.

And yet you STILL like those two cinematic abortions that attempted to follow The Matrix?!

Dude, our love just isn't strong enough to take this anymore :weep:

I don't get the argument of "what about all the other missing kids we hear nothing about?"

Obviously Maddie doesn't come from the same family as them and likely not the same country as most. So it's not like one family with loads of missing kids is giving preference to one over others.

Her family are lucky they have the ability to continue to run such campaignes after so long. Why in other cases the same can't be said who knows, maybe a lack of funding, maybe those families have come to terms and accepted they may never see their child again. I don't see why this one family who clearly don't want to give up until they either have their child back or concrete proof she is dead should be given a hard time for trying.

If people are so concerned about other missing children not getting as much attention why don't you give their story that attention then?

And saying that because of the large media attention the person who took her likely killed her, plausible yes, but it's still pluasible that even dispite the media attention he/she/they may still have kept her alive.

When Jaycee lee Dugard went missing there was a large media attention to it in the states, the people who took her could have just as easily killed and disposed of her if they feared getting caught. But they didn't and dispite the odds being highly aggainst it Jaycee was eventually found alive. Whose to say for certain the same won't be said of Maddie.

Jaycee was found after 18 years. Maddie is missing for 2, to use her lenght of time missing as reason for her to be dead or to never be found isn't fully justified.

Yes it's possible she is dead, but without a body or evidence your just speculating and there is also an equal chance she is alive. (Think of it like Schrödinger's cat)

Is it not better to hope for the best possible outcome than resign to negetivity?

Edited by Mokong

I don't get the argument of "what about all the other missing kids we hear nothing about?"

If people are so concerned about other missing children not getting as much attention why don't you give their story that attention then?

Is it not better to hope for the best possible outcome than resign to negetivity?

You're absolutely right. Some people are just narrowminded.

Obviously Maddie doesn't come from the same family as them and likely not the same country as most. So it's not like one family with loads of missing kids is giving preference to one over others.

Her family are lucky they have the ability to continue to run such campaignes after so long. Why in other cases the same can't be said who knows, maybe a lack of funding, maybe those families have come to terms and accepted they may never see their child again. I don't see why this one family who clearly don't want to give up until they either have their child back or concrete proof she is dead should be given a hard time for trying.

And saying that because of the large media attention the person who took her likely killed her, plausible yes, but it's still pluasible that even dispite the media attention he/she/they may still have kept her alive.

When Jaycee lee Dugard went missing there was a large media attention to it in the states, the people who took her could have just as easily killed and disposed of her if they feared getting caught. But they didn't and dispite the odds being highly aggainst it Jaycee was eventually found alive. Whose to say for certain the same won't be said of Maddie.

Jaycee was found after 18 years. Maddie is missing for 2, to use her lenght of time missing as reason for her to be dead or to never be found isn't fully justified.

Yes it's possible she is dead, but without a body or evidence your just speculating and there is also an equal chance she is alive. (Think of it like Schrödinger's cat)

But why not use media attention to focus on people who have more of a chance of being found?