NEurope
Retro_Link

Minute for Madeleine

Anybody noticed that an anagram of 'Maddie' is 'I'm dead'? Just sayin'...

I lol'd.

I just think that if she is by some chance found, the chances of her being monumentally screwed up for the rest of her life are pretty high. So while I think there's a tiny chance of hope for these people, she may be better off dead.

(That sounded horrible, I'm gonna leave now).

But why not use media attention to focus on people who have more of a chance of being found?
Yes but that's not being done is it. We don't control the media; if you were then yes, fine, focus on other missing people aswell, that would be good.

But to not want to help find a missing child because you feel they've had their share of the press...?

My own personal take on this thread; I'm not going to spam the inboxes of my friends and family because I'm pretty sure they all know what maddie looks like, so if they saw her they'd tell someone. I don't think my particular 'network' of people will help expand this campaign any farther.

I think it's only true, though, that I (and you!) would care more if it was someone I knew who went missing. There's nothing wrong with saying that, it's just a fact.

But why not use media attention to focus on people who have more of a chance of being found?

Well you have to ask the people who are trying to find these "other children" that.

Maddie's family or someone on their behalf has put together this video and campaigne and made the media aware of it so that they would pick it up. Because obviously that is the best way to keep things in the public spotlight and attention.

Of course it would be great for other such missing children to have the same attention, I'm not saying Maddie desrves more or less than others, but the fact is I don't know of any others. Why? Because they are not in the media? Whose fault is that? You can't say it is 100% the media's fault because they did not initiate this or other campaignes for Maddie.

Somebody wanted to do something to bring public focus to her again and they made sure the media picked it up.

The same could be done for any other child I'm sure, if such a campainge was put together.

And I'd wager if someone else got the same attention as Maddie's case you'd still have people saying "well what about the other people?"

And how can you say one missing child has more a chance of being found than another? Both are still missing with little or no indications as to their current condition. Both have an equal chance of being found alive or dead or not being found at all.

I'm sure their were children who went missing and found dead after a short amount of time, which by your logic would indicate Jaycee Lee had zero chance of being alive. Yet there she is 18 years later back with her family.

Maybe Jaycee was a one and only situation, never to be repeated... maybe not. But unless you have physical proof Maddie is dead you can't say for 100% certainty that she is.

And I'm sure the fact that Jaycee Lee was found would have given Maddie's family hope that Maddie would be found someday also, as I'm sure it would for any parent who might also be in such an unfortuante situation of having their child kidnapped.

Edited by Mokong

And yet you STILL like those two cinematic abortions that attempted to follow The Matrix?!

Dude, our love just isn't strong enough to take this anymore :weep:

Ah, but it is exactly because of my genius-ness that I can see the brilliant-ness that is Reloaded and Revolutions. ;)