NEurope
Retro_Link

Minute for Madeleine

Put your personal feelings aside for one minute...

So a new viral advertising campaign has been started in an attempt to find Madeleine McCann.

People are urged to visit this website http://ceop.police.uk/madeleine/madeleine.asp in order to get it higher up the internet search engines, and to distribute the video worldwide in any way they can, through email, websites and social networking sites like twitter and facebook.

This story has recieved so much press attention, and I'm sure there are many differents opinions to the story, towards her parents, and what may or may not have happened to her.

The truth is we may never know. But regardless of your opinion, I think it's worth putting your skepticism to one side. There's every possibilty that she's still out there and I know that if it were my child I would be doing everything I could to get her back.

So pass the video on.

Edited by Retro_Link

What about the thousands of other missing people we hear nothing about?

This one's turning black.

Why, what are you doing for them? Is this diverting your resources?

So what because other children are missing we shouldn't do anything for this one?

That's exactly why I said put your personal opinion aside for one moment. I've certainly got my own opinions, but ultimately what's the point.

It's a few seconds out of your day to post a link on a couple of websites.

It's not hurting you in any way, you've got nothing to loose and everything to gain in helping.

Edited by Retro_Link

Why, what are you doing for them? Is this diverting your resources?

So what because other children are missing we shouldn't do anything for this one?

No but perhaps we should spread round videos of people that have a much bigger chance of being found.

Ridiculous post, do one.

No but perhaps we should spread round videos of people that have a much bigger chance of being found.

yeah exactly, how many years has it been? Minimal chances of her even being found alive.

Yeah it sucks, there are evil people on this planet, but slurring the internet with her face is unlikely to do any good.. (not at this point anyway)

(oh but don't forget the parents are doctors)

No ones stopping you.
but slurring the internet with her face is unlikely to do any good.. (not at this point anyway)
Well of course it will be inaffective if no one gets behind the campaign.

Old.

Lame internet phrase aside, they killed her didn't they?

The parents are extremely lucky that Social Security didn't take their other kids (which would have been the correct punishment) simply because Social Security didn't want to look evil in front of the media.

I'm positive that the McCann's hogging of the limelight have condemned plenty of other children to be lost forever.

While it is sad that Madeleine was killed all those years ago (I personally think that with the amount it was in the media, it was way too risky for the kidnapper to keep her alive), it's time for us to move on and. There are thousands of others out there.

The parents are extremely lucky that Social Security didn't take their other kids

That's highly unlikely. Social services put far too much weight in birth parents and often leave children with their biological mother when they would be far better off elsewhere. I believe a member of Barnardo's said something similar a few weeks ago.

I loled at African Maddy.

I agree with Cube, the whole media blowout and the "eye trademark" did more harm than good if she was indeed kidnapped.

I'm sorry, but...

She is dead.

Who would keep one of the most famous faces as their "child" or some kind of sick sex toy?

She's burnt to a crisp and buried.

I understand the parents unwillingness to believe this very probable fact; but... why is everyone else so unwilling to realise this?

It's a huge shame and completely fucked up that this can happen to such an innocent child.

But...

She's effectively dead, and even if she turns up in 11 years like that guy in America recently, it's not like it'll affect anyone but the McCann's.

Very sad, but I agree with the fact that it takes away coverage of other missing persons, and seems "unfair".

There was always something very wrong with this case and I don't think we'll ever know the full truth.

Who would keep one of the most famous faces as their "child"
Thing is, I know that everyday I leave the house, I'm not looking out for Madeleine, it doesn't cross my mind... and I expect it's the same with everyone else and especially in other countries, they wouldn't have a clue. And especially if they've completely changed her image.

Yes she may be dead, yes her parents might have killed her, but then again she might be alive, and her parents [other than perhaps being irresponsible] done nothing wrong.

Personally I think it's incredibly stupid of people to say 100% that she's dead and therefore what's the point, because we honestly don't know what's gone on.

I don't see the harm in helping the cause, if we're all being taken for a ride, well so be it!

Edited by Retro_Link

i dont see her ever being found, but it cant hurt to keep lloking. just wish there was this much coverage for every missing person, but then, wed never see or hear anything else.

I'm sorry but I happen to agree with chair, what makes her so different from the many other children that get taken every year, or the adults that get taken?

I'm sad that she went missing, sad that she might possibly be dead and two dedicated parents have lost their little girl, but it seems ridiculous to have one child in the spotlight when theres so so many others who have never gotten the same attention. :sad:

EDIT: As it is I visited the website.

Whenever I think about this, I feel quite sad because at the centre of all of this saga, a little girl is missing. There have been various conspiracy theories, particularly one about the parents accidentally killing her and then going through all of this as a huge cover up. If that does turn out to be the case, then...that is astonishing.

However, as viewers, people like to speculate about different situations and what might have happened. People love stories. The simplest theory of what happened is what the parents are claiming, that the girl was taken by someone other than her parents. However, there are so many unanswered questions. Why were her other kids, who I think were sleeping next to Maddie, why were they left and Maddie taken? Why was she even taken in the first place? For what purpose and reason?

Put yourself in the parent's position. If you were them, you would do everything you could to get her back. The measures they have gone to are extraordinary, but if many others could do the same for their kids, they probably would as well. The worst thing possibly is not knowing if she is safe, or if she even is alive. How can the parents possibly move on or bring some normality to their life without knowing that?

I'm sorry but I happen to agree with chair, what makes her so different from the many other children that get taken every year, or the adults that get taken?

I'm sad that she went missing, sad that she might possibly be dead and two dedicated parents have lost their little girl, but it seems ridiculous to have one child in the spotlight when theres so so many others who have never gotten the same attention. :sad:

EDIT: As it is I visited the website.

I don't disagree one bit.

But the situation is what it is and to use the press attention against helping her I think is disgusting.

It's not Madeleines fault her case has recieved all this attention and she's the one who needs to be thought about.

I don't disagree one bit.

But the situation is what it is and to use the press attention against helping her I think is disgusting.

It's not Madeleines fault her case has recieved all this attention and she's the one who needs to be thought about.

There are so many kids who go missing, and cases that we don't hear about. Why should Madeleine's parents "try less hard" to find their child? It should be a good thing that the case has seen so much attention.

The reason why it needs this attention is because the police have kept on heading dead ends and blind alleys. There are or were no witnesses, and the leads have gone dry. They're hoping that somebody somewhere finds her by spotting her. This is why you hear about reported sightings of her, because then they turn into leads and stuff. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack, but that is physically all the parents can do. It's a long and painful process...and it's been going on for years now. But, what else could they do?

Proud of you FLink.

I love you, too. It's down to the Underscore Link thing. It automatically makes us awesome. I think. I know!

I just think that when some people make a judgement of this, they focus too much on "the media coverage" or "the parents." The focus should be with her. She is just an innocent child.

Thing is, I know that everyday I leave the house, I'm not looking out for Madeleine, it doesn't cross my mind... and I expect it's the same with everyone else and especially in other countries, they wouldn't have a clue. And especially if they've completely changed her image.

But this video isn't going to change that. She's 2 years older now and even if somebody had seen that video (I mean seriously that picture could be millions of girls that age) I could walk down the street with Maddy and nobody except her family would be able to know.