NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Broadband Recommendations

How much are you looking to pay, and are you in a cable area? (Check against your postcode on the Virgin Media website).

Talk Talk are great for the price, whilst Be are a brilliant company with unlimited downloads and up to 24 meg if you're willing to pay for it. If you want TV/phone as well and live in a cable area, Virgin have some very good offers. If you're with O2 for your mobile phone, you can get O2 broadband cheap.

Check out Talk Talk then, I never had a problem with them, and it was about £16/month including line rental (which alone is about £12/mo from BT)

For cheapness and unlimited downloads take a look at O2 or Sky. Both offer up to 8MB for like £5 - £10 per month.

I'm with O2 and hit around 6MB and never have any problems and only pay £7 a month due to being an O2 mobile customer. I download a lot of stuff and also do a lot of online gaming.

Sam knows broadband

check on your exchange, it lists the available providers and what service they provide. Every single area is different in my experience.

Some companies have their own dedicated card in the exchange -like sky does with mine- and makes it a generally better/faster service.

If you can I would say always go with an LLU network. BT's network is congested to shit and you'll be lucky to get more than 200KB/s off peak. Luckily I finally get o2 on wednesday for a total cost of £54.17 for first year :D

Sign in to follow this