NEurope
Raining_again

Have you got any unusual habits?

Inspiration from my dad who pointed this out;

He started a conversation while I was on my computer. I turned around to talk to him while continuing to type (probably posting here or on msn)

Apparently this multitasking is some strange talent I never knew I had!! (i'm guessing it derives from 4 years in a call centre :grin:) He did say that I was a very strange person!

So have you got any unusual habits or talents that you would like to share? The stranger the better!

:bouncy:

I got told about the same thing, I think one of my housemates was talking to me at the time and I was typing away on here about my day.

Otherwise I don't really have any unusual habits, I wouldn't really call typing and looking away a habit, more a skill you just practise at.

I got told about the same thing, I think one of my housemates was talking to me at the time and I was typing away on here about my day.

Otherwise I don't really have any unusual habits, I wouldn't really call typing and looking away a habit, more a skill you just practise at.

I didn't really teach myself to do it and wasn't aware that I was doing so until today.

Habits are routines of behavior that are repeated regularly, tend to occur subconsciously, without directly thinking consciously about them

I stroke my beard. Sometimes I wink at people. I also like to hide in bushes. The last one is a lie, added for effect.

Inspiration from my dad who pointed this out;

He started a conversation while I was on my computer. I turned around to talk to him while continuing to type (probably posting here or on msn)

Apparently this multitasking is some strange talent I never knew I had!! (i'm guessing it derives from 4 years in a call centre :grin:) He did say that I was a very strange person!

So have you got any unusual habits or talents that you would like to share? The stranger the better!

:bouncy:

I'm not sure I'd list that as an unusual talent, I know a lot of people who can do that, myself included!

I have no real unusual habits - apart from this one where I keep checking this forum on the Internet every day for no apparent reason. Think it's about games.

I rock back and forth or side to side when I'm sitting. Like I've been traumatised.

There are quite a few things that I do, I think. I can't list them all, but I remember somebody did say that I was a "psychologist's dream." Another person also said that I was "mentally unstable" because of the way I acted. Both comments were not in jest either. I's a freak. :(

When I'm sitting down to watch something, I sit right on the edge of my seat. To me, I like being as close to "the action" as possible. Even if people are in a room talking, I like sitting right on the edge. Thinking about it, when I play the drums, I think I do the same thing, so maybe it stemmed from that?

I also pull weird faces when I type. I bite my lip, but the inside of my lip, and inside of my cheek. It's very hard for me not to do this...:(

Another one is that I smile at everyone, but it's never "oh, this person is coming, I'm going to smile and make their day." I just...do it. So, somebody walks by, and I look up and smile. Sometimes with a "y'aaaaalright?" There have been occassions where I've walked down a street with a friend and I've said it or done it around 4 or 5 times by the time we come to the end of the road.

Oh, one more. If I'm in a room with a lot of people, I look around at everything. So, if I'm watching tv with people, I'll be watching it, but then occassionally my head will look up and look around to make sure everyone is alright...that's a pretty bad habit of mine. I remember one time somebody caught me doing it and said "jiiiiim, staaap eeeeet naaaaw! I'm alright!"

I don't know why I do that. I just do eet. I guess vision is quite important to me, and I like being able to see where everything and everyone is. I do that same when I play games, I like knowing exactly what I can see on screen. When I'm teaching, it's important to know where all the kids are, so this actually comes in handy. Hehe.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I do all sorts of weird stuff. It's like I have to keep my hands occupied while listening or reading. If I'm not playing with the folds in my duvet or pants, I'm stroking my beard, twirling my hair, molding my lips into strange shapes, twirling my pencil around my fingers, scratching my face and ear with my pencil, etc., etc.

If I have a slinky to hand I'll let it drop then flick it back up and "catch" it, rinse and repeat.

I've recently started playing with the straws at work, I just hold it and either flick the top part back and forth, or extend it and then bring it back down. Penis jokes ahoy.

What the hell?

If you have a slinky at hand?

What kind of 90's cartoon character are you?

Do you have a few dice in your back pocket too?

That you just roll every so often for fun.

What the hell?

If you have a slinky at hand?

If there's one on the shelf near to where I'm sitting. As you can see in the desk topic there is one close to hand.

I always play with my hair, i kinda know I'm doing it, so doesn't really count as a habit.

Can't think of anything else right now.

I tend to do this when I have anything pen shaped in my hand. I don't drop it like a spacker though.

I tend to play with my piercings too.

Too many really, I would say too many to list but I'll just list them anyway and see how far it goes... :heh:

Bolding - especially in certain threads I always bold the same things.

Checking Threads - I'm one of those people who'll refresh the forum a lot and check new posts in certain threads the second they are posted.

Beard Stroking - I just can't help myself... especially when I've just trimmed it *strokes facial hair* stop it! >.> *slaps self*

Shoulder Stroking - my own that is, I hasten to add :heh: I just kinda rub them, kind of like self-massage I guess but it's just odd I feel and Idk why I do it. :(

Hair Twirling - When my hair is quite long I twirl it around my finger until it pulls my scalp a little, again Idk why I do it, I just dooooo!

Eye Rubbing - I know it's not good for your eyes but I do this often.

Lip Biting - I do this quite a bit, plus chewing the inside of my gums... >.>

Plaque Scraping - this one is bad but, with very clean fingernails I scrape off any plaque that I find on my teeth, I still brush regularly but I just do this inbetween brushing, when I'm bored... that uber clean feeling afterwars... it's just satisfying. :/

Music Listening - Not as much now because I cycle to work but, when I catch the bus in and back, if I've listened to almost a whole album and I get home and am on the last track, I'll listen to the whole thing before actually going inside, it's obsessive maybe but no different to listening to music in a car, stationary when the journey is at an end and you wanted to hear the end of a track.

OCD Hand Washing - At home but especially at work, we use cardinal cards to pay for stuff there but because I work with food I have to assume that everyones cards have germs on them :/ so I wash my hands each time after handling any, better safe than sorry... ::shrug:

Cup Stacking - At work I arrange the reusable plastic beakers in a pyramid :D it does actually it them easier to just take one, though some people don't pay attention and knock it over, doh! but it's also kind of 'fun' for me and distracts me from the routine momentarilly.

I think that's just about it, for now...

Yeah I do that pen thing when I'm bored and have one in hand. I don't make 40 second videos of me doing it though. I'm not cool enough for that.

Other things happen when I have "one in hand" wwwww shoot me now.

Habits. hmm. If I knew what they were then I don't think they'd happen subconsciously anymore.

Nothing I would call a habit really.

Apart from, when I eat a pain au chocolat, I tend to (depending on where I'm having said pain) pick away at the outer pastry, until the two veins of chocolate are exposed. (I eat the pasty, obv.)

I then pick or scoop out of chocolate, depending on the consistancy.

I think I do this to prolong the pleasure.

While I'm reading anything on the computer, I select the text with the mouse cursor.

Unusual habits...let's see...

Multitasking- I can do four things at the same time and not notice I'm doing it apparently. I sort of find that odd.

Music- The reason why I find this a habit is because I can't go anywhere without my MP4 and headphones. I listen to music literally everywhere I go.

Odd smiling- I can't help it. Whenever I go out, I start smiling and I look like the happiest guy in the world, lol.

Singing- I sing a song stuck in my head and I don't notice I'm singing, lmao.

....there was something else but I completely forgot....just woken up so I'll post when I remember.

Oh I know! My unusual habit of not liking listening to things I might potentially want to own on Spotify. I feel dirty if I do so, and it just frustrates me. I use it for albums I wanna give a wee listen to, but would never really want, or to check out an artist I've never heard of, but it pains me to listen to something I want to own on iTunes, on Spotify.

You really don't.

i agree :P

one of my weird things is that i have to sit in this one computer at uni

just this one (in the media library)

if that computer is taken and i have to sit at another one it feels wrong :(

(it faces the door, is next to a window and on the other sides are tvs that no one uses so you get privacy... woo!)

Whenever I or anyone else uses the word "Excellent" either as a word on its own or as the end of a sentence, I can't help adding

"...more than a match for poor Enterprise."

I only noticed the other day that I do this all the time.