NEurope
ReZourceman

3D on YouTube with no 3D Glasses, and Channel 4 3D Week

I'm not even going to do this, I've got damaged enough eyes as it is. My eyes sometimes cross without meaning to due to said damage. I hate this 3-D shit anyway. I'll do it for Avatar (that's with the glasses isn't it?) and I like it on theme park rides...but no thanks otherwise.

They'll find a way...

Use headphones and close your eyes. Don't worry, it's not a screamer, I promise. Still, you might jump a little sometimes due to the realism.

I'm also fairly deaf :P

Hi 5, me too! Which ear?

We can be deaf brothers and have deaf people talk.

Both ears, high- and mild low-pitched frequency loss. At the ear hospital the other week the audiologist actually gasped and said "my, you really are quite deaf!" -- I'm deafer than the old people with hearing aids, I've just had more years experience.

But I've always wanted a brother! You can't change your mind.

*gesticulates incomprehensively*

Yes, rather well. But when people try and test me it fails because THEY OVER MOUTH THE WORDS. I can't really lip read without sounds entirely, but I can watch a TV show on mute and get the gist more than others. ROXOR!

Essentially if i have my back turned, I'll hear "mmmbr dr dooo brr?" and if i face them i 'hear' "remember the two bears?" I've lasted 3(ish) months without my hearing aids (thanks nearly wholly to hospital shiteness) and it's been tiresome.

Ahh those videos are pretty cool. Got it pretty quick as I tortured myself with those magic eye books as a kid until I could do it. Talking about 3D anyone see this?...

Ahh those videos are pretty cool. Got it pretty quick as I tortured myself with those magic eye books as a kid until I could do it. Talking about 3D anyone see this?...

That's pretty cool. It needs work before it can be used for films, I think. It would require new parametres for filmwatching.

I tried the video on my laptop at home, and got a headache.

But, when I tried it with Ine, I think she altered one of the video modes or something, and I found that I still had a headache - but also a result! It actually worked for me. Headache inducing, but it worked.

Would I want to watch films or tv like that? Cross-eyed? Hmm, nah. :p

Use headphones and close your eyes. Don't worry, it's not a screamer, I promise. Still, you might jump a little sometimes due to the realism.

That's cool, the whispering was freaky at the end.

I find it tends to work better if, rather than 'crossing' your eyes, you look 'past' the screen. Doesn't work when the image gets bigger though, you can only un-focus so far.

I know 3D could be the future, but some people just won't want to wear 3D specs to watch TV. Now, it is like "sit down on sofa, turn TV on, enjoy"

But 3D, it would be like "locate glasses, sit on sofa, put glasses on, turn TV on, attempt to enjoy". TV is meant to be a relaxation thing, but 3D will make it not as relaxing no more.

At least allow manufacterers to master HD, they still ain't done this yet. HD is not standard, and as soon as it is then i guess 3D will be next.

I need proper glasses to watch TV anyway, swapping over will be no hassle.

Complaining about wearing the glasses is just overboard IMO.