NEurope
mr_bogus

Nik Naks new "healthier" recipe

What's with the new "No artificial flavours or MSG" campaign? Says "same great taste" on the pack, but my tastebuds beg to differ.... anyone else tried?

Never really liked Nik-Naks that much so this doesn't bother/concern/offend me.

Didn't know they changed the Nik-Naks. May have to try them and see what is different about them.

I've not seen Nik-Naks in ages. Nice N' Spicy is the way forward.

Roysters shit on all of them though.

Since all this low fat/no artificial stuff I no longer like most crisps. Just Quavers (Normal), Pringles (Sour Onion & Cheese) and Doritos (Original).

..you can get UN-normal quavers....?

i freakin hate nik-naks... to similar to twiglets - those ungodly marmite flavoured things. *shudder* marmite.... kettle chips is where it's AT!

I don't really like Nik-Naks anyway, but nothing ever seems to be as good as it was in the 90s :hmm:

Crisps are pretty bad for you no matter what they try and do. If you want to lose weight you should stop eating crisps altogether, but if you have to have some your best bet would be to get some that were made that way in the first place, eg. baked walkers. They shouldn't be messing with the good stuff for the sake of the "no artificial x" fad.

If I came up with a new line of food I think my tag line would be "they're not very good for you, but they taste awesome", for people who don't check the RDA percentages on the side of everything and just want good tasting food.

If I came up with a new line of food I think my tag line would be "they're not very good for you, but they taste awesome", for people who don't check the RDA percentages on the side of everything and just want good tasting food.

This! :D it's just a shame that a lot of snack companies don't think this way and end up complicating the packaging and degrading their snacks... :hmm:

I remember Salt & Vinegar Quavers.. they were actually pretty good :heh: I'm not really a big fan of Quavers at all anymore, though :hmm:

Regular quavers were great!

Anyone remember this from way back when?... certainly got us all eating them at primary school!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Crisps are pretty bad for you no matter what they try and do. If you want to lose weight you should stop eating crisps altogether, but if you have to have some your best bet would be to get some that were made that way in the first place, eg. baked walkers. They shouldn't be messing with the good stuff for the sake of the "no artificial x" fad.

I check my RDA, the Quavers I had were only 7% fat of my RDA. All I needed were another 14 packs and I'd be in the shit.

Since they took out the most of the sugar in fanta i no longer like it. Used to buy it all the time too :sad:

Too true, so many of these "diet", "low fat", "low cal" crisps are made with junk. Or just simply what we used to consider a normal size (25g). It's shocking that 50g bags are so commonplace these days. Any wonder there's so many people heading into obesity!

I hate it when they try and make food healthy.

LEAVE MY FUCKING McD's CHICKEN NUGGETS ALONE! I LIKE THE SALT!!! :mad:

If I want to eat healthy food, I'll eat healthy food. Not a buggered version of crap food.

I don't agree with the salt thing because you can put salt on to food!

But yes, it is ridiculous. If you want to be healthy, don't eat crisps. It's like people who go to McDonalds to get a salad, madness.

I'm the only one going "yaay!" at this news, then :P I'm allergic to MSG (just ask shorty about the trip to the hospital for an idea of how severely), so this means I can eat them!

MSG is an additive to make things moreish. Food companies who use it are cheats who are afraid to admit they are trying to serve you a plate of cardboard.

I do have a thing about the whole "NEW IMPROVED FLAVOUR!" slogan, though. But that's another story.

On the plus side, Monster Munch are back yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! And the pickled onion ones sting your tongue after eating a pack. It's awesome, you know it can't possibly be good for you.

On the plus side of what? I said the plus side! Jayseven can eat his nik-naks! That's positive! Fuck off!

I'm the only one going "yaay!" at this news, then :P I'm allergic to MSG (just ask shorty about the trip to the hospital for an idea of how severely), so this means I can eat them!

I can relate, i felt the same way when cheese & onion crisps became vegetarian, despite people all around me going "WTF have Walkers done to the flavour?!"

MSG is an additive to make things moreish. Food companies who use it are cheats who are afraid to admit they are trying to serve you a plate of cardboard.

I'm not condoning the use of MSG, i agree that it's bad mmmkay and allegedly causes cellular mutations & all sorts.

Here's my rant: Hula Hoops got rid of artificial stuff & managed to keep a great flavour, so why did Nik Naks get rid of it, claim "SAME GREAT TASTE!" on the pack, but it's now completely bland?!

These things never do taste the same when they aleter them its lies all lies...

and sometimes they change recipes, or the way stuff is cooked, WITHOUT making it known. Suddenly your favourite bag of [insert relevant junk food] tastes like a bag of shit. :(