NEurope
Caris

Would you like to lose half a stone in 2 weeks?

So as some of you know I've been on a diet for the past 6 month and lost about 3 and a half stone (still on it just for the record!) Over the course of that 6 month I've spoke to many people about weight loss and also read loads of articles about the subject, as well as figuring out things first hand.

So I wanted to see if the diet I'm on which I have set for myself works for other people. I've pretty much used all the knowledge I know on the subject to make the best possible low calorie/fat diet, that doesn't involve drinking bizarre vegetable smoothies or only having 1 small meal a day.

So the question is does anyone want to volunteer? You will need to do 3 30minute sessions of exercise per week, not consume alcohol and also possibly buy a few bits and pieces at your local supermarket. I don't really want to type the whole routine out if no one is going to try it as it's just a waste.

Obviously I do want to say that loosing weight quick like this is easier to put back on, but if you carried on this for longer you could loose a large sum of weight that will stay of for good. (provide you eat half decent of course).

So, anyone up for the challenge?

I am interested heh. A few things though: my exercise right now is pretty limited as the only thing I can really do is cycle. I cycle to school regularly, which is about 40 minutes total per day. But I'm not sure it would count as real exercise, as I don't go fast or anything heh. =P

I'll also wait until Jim leaves again I think, as it'll be difficult to not eat/cook bad food when he's here haha.

I am very interested in seeing your nutrition & exercise plans but only really from an observers standpoint as it's very unhealthy (not to mention virtually impossible unless you're very obese) to lose 7 pounds a week.

Congratulations on your progress though.

I am very interested in seeing your nutrition & exercise plans but only really from an observers standpoint as it's very unhealthy (not to mention virtually impossible unless you're very obese) to lose 7 pounds a week.

Congratulations on your progress though.

completely agree.

Its not a difficult formula to lose weight:

eat fruit & veg, meat in moderation, junk food in absolute minority. And some exercise.

Losing weight like that (even at an obese weight) is not good for you, your body goes into shock and in panic stores every last bit of fat on your body.

The only diet that isn't a fad diet is one that you can maintain for the majority of your life. (obviously you can have a day or two off for special occasions)

I've lost 7lbs in a week, and yeah it does feel good, but you sure get a slap in the face weeks later when its an absolute struggle to lose anything.

I'm pretty interested, the whole alcohol thing will be alittle difficult, but I suppose it means I could up my exercise from 3.

I'd volunteer out of interest but I do an obscene amount of exercise anyway, don't eat chocolates or sweets and only drink occasionally.

Having said that I haven't lost much weight at all. I'm just going to assume that's the muscle gain...I hope...

I'm very interested in this. One thing, I don't really want to change what I eat because I eat very healthily as it is. I would love to hear about the exercising and other stuff though, sounds like a success. :)

Anything to help, I just want to lose some weight, lol.

sign me up =) not that i need to loose 7lbs but im slowly gaining what i did loose so i need a virtual kick up the butt :P...

got a christmas dinner in at work so need to look good compared to all the skinny minnies i work with :p

If I lost half a stone in 2 weeks, I'd probably die

Metabolism ftw, kids.

same with me. But I also excercise a lot too.

I've never understood how so many people get lose and loose confused. :(

Ok well this is the plan, I hope someone gives it a go.

By the way it's not 7 pound a week like someone previously said, it's 7 pound over 2 weeks. Thats only 3 and a half pound per week. Totally sensible if you do it right. If it wasn't I wouldn't advise this, my GP knows this routine as I have been through it with him and he says it's totally fine.

First off, a few tips.

1) Weigh yourself when you first get up in your underwear, so you get the most actuate weight possible.

2) No eating after you dinner, try to make this before 7pm.

3) Have a drink with every main meal, a lot of the time when you feel hungry you are actually thirsty but your body gives you the wrong signal. Having a glass of water/juice with each meal will make you feel more full.

4) Take your time eating, the slower you eat the more full you feel.

5) Keep the portions for your meals sensible, or it defeats the point.

6) If you do give this plan a shot and you go shopping for a few things, compare before you buy. For example if you go to buy some porridge, have a look at a few and buy the one with the least calories. All foods vary.

7) Stick with what I have said exactly, don't for example have a sandwich with white bread instead of Nimble bread and think it doesn't matter. I picked Nimble for a reason!

I'm gonna give a couple of options for certain meals, as everyone has different tastes.

Breakfast:

Porridge with a small amount of Splenda sugar instead of real sugar.

or

Cornflakes + skimmed milk.

Snack:

Piece of fruit or Slim a Soup or Small box of raisins.

Lunch:

Sandwich made with Nimble bread, low fat margarine, ham/chicken.

or

Soup, there are many out there with about 100 or so calories. Pick one.

Snack:

Dinner

Anything sensible, some sort of pasta meal, sunday dinner something like that. You can even have a frozen pizza or something if you want as long as you don't have them too often.

Drinks

Water, if you feel the need for juice have something like low calorie Vimto which will do just fine. Be very careful not to avoid this rule, drinks are deciving. There over 100 calories in a can of Coke for instance, thats the same as a bag of crisps.

Exercise

At least 3 seasons of 30 minute cardio exercise every week. Running/Cycling/Gym/etc, Preferably make you sure you get a sweat on.

I hope this helps and it would be awesome if someone gave this a go, this is the routine I have been on since the spring and it's working great. I have tried to tweak anything I can to lower my calorie/fat intake without eating to little and I think this is the best I have achieved.

Good luck!

I've never understood how so many people get lose and loose confused. :(

*Sigh* I'm dyslexic, someone edit the title please.

Edited by Caris

It can be done, I did weight watchers for 2 months and lost 2 and half stone. My now ex girlfriend lost 4 stone. I've put about stone back on recently but trying to be a bit healthier at the moment.

Ok well this is the plan, I hope someone gives it a go.

By the way it's not 7 pound a week like someone previously said, it's 7 pound over 2 weeks. Thats only 3 and a half pound per week. Totally sensible if you do it right. If it wasn't I wouldn't advise this, my GP knows this routine as I have been through it with him and he says it's totally fine.

First off, a few tips.

1) Weigh yourself when you first get up in your underwear, so you get the most actuate weight possible.

2) No eating after you dinner, try to make this before 7pm.

3) Have a drink with every main meal, a lot of the time when you feel hungry you are actually thirsty but your body gives you the wrong signal. Having a glass of water/juice with each meal will make you feel more full.

4) Take your time eating, the slower you eat the more full you feel.

5) Keep the portions for your meals sensible, or it defeats the point.

6) If you do give this plan a shot and you go shopping for a few things, compare before you buy. For example if you go to buy some porridge, have a look at a few and buy the one with the least calories. All foods vary.

7) Stick with what I have said exactly, don't for example have a sandwich with white bread instead of Nimble bread and think it doesn't matter. I picked Nimble for a reason!

I'm gonna give a couple of options for certain meals, as everyone has different tastes.

Breakfast:

Porridge with a small amount of Splenda sugar instead of real sugar.

or

Cornflakes + skimmed milk.

Snack:

Lunch:

Sandwich made with Nimble bread, low fat margarine, ham/chicken.

or

Soup, there are many out there with about 100 or so calories. Pick one.

Snack:

Dinner

Anything sensible, some sort of pasta meal, sunday dinner something like that. You can even have a frozen pizza or something if you want as long as you don't have them too often.

Drinks

Water, if you feel the need for juice have something like low calorie Vimto which will do just fine. Be very careful not to avoid this rule, drinks are deciving. There over 100 calories in a can of Coke for instance, thats the same as a bag of crisps.

Exercise

At least 3 seasons of 30 minute cardio exercise every week. Running/Cycling/Gym/etc, Preferably make you sure you get a sweat on.

I hope this helps and it would be awesome if someone gave this a go, this is the routine I have been on since the spring and it's working great. I have tried to tweak anything I can to lower my calorie/fat intake without eating to little and I think this is the best I have achieved.

Good luck!

*Sigh* I'm dyslexic, someone edit the title please.

This plan looks great and I will definitely try it out but I have two questions and it's about the breakfast and lunch. The breakfast question is can I eat Special K? because I'm really not keen on porridge or cornflakes much. About the lunch, I know you said that we have to eat nimble bread but my family eat 50/50 bread, can this be used as a substitute to the nimble bread?

Otherwise, the rest is an awesome plan :)

Edited by Animal

This plan looks great and I will definitely try it out but I have two questions and it's about the breakfast and lunch. The breakfast question is can I eat Special K? because I'm really not keen on porridge or cornflakes much. About the lunch, I know you said that we have to eat nimble bread but my family eat 50/50 bread, can this be used as a substitute to the nimble bread?

nimble has half the calories :heh:

Special K will be spot on, remember skimmed milk though. Nimble bread would be better in all honestly mind.

Special K will be spot on, remember skimmed milk though. Nimble bread would be better in all honestly though.

Thanks. I have skimmed so it's cool.

I'll try to get the nimble bread though but it's good to know if I can't get it then it's OK :D

I'll keep a record on my blog of how I'm doing. I think I'll start tomorrow.

Edited by Animal

you could probably go with normal bread fine and if you don't see results be tougher on yourself. Can be a shock to the system changing everything in your diet at once.

What on earth is nimble bread?

Also, when you say a sandwich, do you mean just one slice of bread or something? *confused*

And I don't eat ham or chicken or cornflakes haha. Hmm.

Also, when you say a sandwich, do you mean just one slice of bread or something? *confused*

It's wholemeal bread...isn't it? Because that's what I thought it was...:hmm:

A type of wholemeal bread.

As for the rest, have a kind of cereal you like. Just make sure it's good for you. Sandwich fillings should be easy too, just stay away from things like beef, cheese etc.

A type of wholemeal bread.

As for the rest, have a kind of cereal you like. Just make sure it's good for you. Sandwich fillings should be easy too, just stay away from things like beef, cheese etc.

So just any type of dark bread? Cause that's normally what we have.

As for cereal, I rarely eat it as it doesn't fill my stomach and I'll be hungry again before the next meal. I usually eat bread for both breakfast and lunch (three slices per meal). And on them I pretty much only have Philadelphia light (with garlic and herbs) and tuna spread (which I know I shouldn't eat too much from).