NEurope
Caris

I think it's time for another post your desk thread

I don't have a desk as I lack the space (actually I have this but I built it myself so its wobbly (and its ridiculously heavy for what it is)). I use my lap instead and if you want I can take a picture of that but...I presume not.

Although I'm with Molly. If I had a desk it would have a mirror. Oh and probably be facing a window as its better.

A chair.

BAM! YEAH! We've started now! There it is! Now we're laughing!

*cough* I'm tired.

Anyway, I don't pay attention to people enough apparently. Did I get it the wrong way round? I literally don't even know.

And I was only saying fanboy because I thought Choze hated PS3, apparently wrongly (I don't head into the PS boards too often so I don't know really) and so in comparison you were. But anyway, read it again and I wasn't trying to insult you, it would have been funny if I hadn't got it so wrong.

I thought you were being incredibly sarcastic.

I don't really have a desk or a way to take a picture of it. So I'll describe, ok now close your eyes and visualize. A Blue recliner with a mouse on the right arm and a wireless keyboard on my lap. That's my workspace, wonderful eh?

To the right is a 10" tall 8" square table I made that my laptop sits on with a VGA cord going to the Monitor sitting on a fishtank stand. The 360 is below on the bottom shelf with HDMI and an ethernet cable going a whole 5" to a Ethernet hub that also connects to the laptop to bridge my wireless connection to me the 360 online. There's also some headphones lying around.

Okay, you can open your eyes now.

Why?

Well for one it opens the space up, makes it seem less boxed in. Plus...my face.

I thought you were being incredibly sarcastic.

I don't really have a desk or a way to take a picture of it. So I'll describe, ok now close your eyes and visualize. A Blue recliner with a mouse on the right arm and a wireless keyboard on my lap. That's my workspace, wonderful eh?

To the right is a 10" tall 8" square table I made that my laptop sits on with a VGA cord going to the Monitor sitting on a fishtank stand. The 360 is below on the bottom shelf with HDMI and an ethernet cable going a whole 5" to a Ethernet hub that also connects to the laptop to bridge my wireless connection to me the 360 online. There's also some headphones lying around.

Okay, you can open your eyes now.

Damn, I could have gotten away with that couldn't I. Ah well.

Also: although I did imagine it I read your last line and for some reason all I could think was "How would I have read that if my eyes had been closed?" Don't know why.

Well for one it opens the space up, makes it seem less boxed in. Plus...my face.

So what you're saying is that there are both good and bad reasons for having a mirror.

Although I'm with Molly. If I had a desk it would have a mirror.

They're called dressing tables.

They're for girls.

Animators tend to have mirrors to check facial expressions actually :heh:

I'm not talking about a huge one like Molly's....o_O

I'm not talking about a huge one like Molly's....o_O

I really did wonder what you were talking about when I glanced at this! :heh:

But yes, there isn't a ''Post your dressing table'' thread, so I've cheated, a bit.

I don't have a desk, actually. I just sit with my computer in my bed - which I rarely do, but instead I do a lot in bed - and sometimes on the table. Are you wondering what exactly I'm talking about? Good.

It's not healthy to stay in bed a lot, you should only use your bed, and if possible your bedroom for sleeping.

Or so they say.

It's not healthy to stay in bed a lot, you should only use your bed, and if possible your bedroom for sleeping.

Or so they say.

Then I'm pretty unhealthy. I stay in my bed in my room most of the time I'm at home. :heh:

It's not really unhealthy, that was the wrong word, I think it just helps you sleep better if you only visit your bed for sleeping (and sex!)

But then there's the whole Candyman scenario. Even if you don't say it, he's still in there watching you. He knows what you get up to ;)

And for snacks.

And making a fort.

But then there's the whole Candyman scenario. Even if you don't say it, he's still in there watching you. He knows what you get up to ;)

And making a fort.

We made a fort in the corridor of my flat the other day using three matresses and many pillows/decorations etc. It was awesome.

That is all.

It's not really unhealthy, that was the wrong word, I think it just helps you sleep better if you only visit your bed for sleeping (and sex!)

I've always had trouble falling asleep, anyway. I think there are other factors that influence my sleep patterns more than the fact I spend most of my time on my bed. :heh:

I need to update my TV but will look later into next year chancing a 3D ready set. No hurry. Gotta buy a house in the meantime and my loft room doesn't lend itself to TV space.

God what a boring film that was.

IMG_0294.jpg

Exactly as last time, but with some added atmospheric lighting.