NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pestneb

Revolution not completly revealed?

from IGN:

Q: Has Nintendo revealed all the features of the Revolution controller?

A: No, we don't believe so. Certain secondary features still remain hidden. Nintendo itself may be defining these features even as it tests and reworks the controller.

there could be more :wtf: my brain is frazzled enough, so I have 0 speculation left, but its an interesting thought. I think : /

Well we have the controller shell to look forward to...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4289

It has been confirmed by Nintendo that there is to be an outer shell with standard controls that will house the Revolution's controller and allows gamers to then play retro games or simple ports of other titles (although the tilt sensor could be used in conjunction). No images have been revealed, but IGN has already created a mock-up

Well we have the controller shell to look forward to...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/4289

It has been confirmed by Nintendo that there is to be an outer shell with standard controls that will house the Revolution's controller and allows gamers to then play retro games or simple ports of other titles (although the tilt sensor could be used in conjunction). No images have been revealed, but IGN has already created a mock-up

but that was revealed last night, and hence I assume not part of anything that may not have been revealed yet...

thing is, what we do know is so abnormal its wrong footed me atleast, so if there are any other controller revelations they can be safely with held by nintendo till E3.

also I like the way Nintendo have waited till this late, forcing microsoft to release a last gen controller essentially. that basically starts a launch clock on sony, so they have to release the PS3 in x amount of time, and Nintendo just have to release the revolution somewhere within the XBOX360's release and point x.

Well they suggest that there will be several extensions available. The extra extensions might not be "revolutionary", but they haven't been released yet either.

Not to mention that we haven't been told of the online components that Iwata was so keen to point out during the e3 press conference.

I get the felling there is a whole lot of info we still don't know at this point which keeps everyone guessing and keeps the hype building. It also gives Nintendo the freedom to hold press events/shows at key times to throw a spanner in the launches of the other two consoles.

Well, Iwata said the WiFi presentation would be coming early October, so only a few weeks for that. Not sure what we could see that would be a big surprise, but after Friday it's anyone's guess.

Hmm, perhaps they could show SSBR with the Wi-Fi presentation? It would make sense as they are likely to show an example of how it will work.

I still think there's some kind of 3D simulation since George Lucas and Peter Jackson mentioned this but I hope they find some other way than using a visor (can't imagine one though).

Of course they havent shown all of it. They dont want sony copying it entirely. I think theres still something very significant not yet revealed about the controller.

heh sony will be too busy copying what they already know to be able to even guess at the extras nintendo has

i say, good move FTW

I still think there's some kind of 3D simulation since George Lucas and Peter Jackson mentioned this but I hope they find some other way than using a visor (can't imagine one though).

A 3D display system would make sense, you've now got a 3D positioning system, what better than that to exploit a visibly 3D world.

I'm gonna be skeptical on this.

I think we've seen the big reveal - and it's big.

Little things are still to come though. The controller shell, for example. And more Wi-Fi stuff. Like the DS demo download news :)

grow up

no one isn;t copying anything

Sony isn't coping anything

They havn't shown all of it, becuase people might think Nintendo are ready and set to release the console, and they might start thinking Nintendo are delaying

Nintendo hasn't shown all of it, becuase they want everything to fit perfect and what fans and players will like and enjoy, why do you think they came up with Shell, becuase they know not everyone like the Remote Controll idea, (just becuase you like it doesn't mean its the best and i have to like it)

And all havn't been shown because Nintendo hasn't got the money yet to finish it:D

And all havn't been shown because Nintendo hasn't got the money yet to finish it:D

Do you know what you're talking about? This is Nintendo...the company that has over $8 billion in the bank! They are also the only company that is still generating profits this generation because they aren't selling their console at a loss....

from IGN:

Q: Has Nintendo revealed all the features of the Revolution controller?

A: No, we don't believe so. Certain secondary features still remain hidden. Nintendo itself may be defining these features even as it tests and reworks the controller.

there could be more :wtf: my brain is frazzled enough, so I have 0 speculation left, but its an interesting thought. I think : /

"The example that we have with the DS is that in January 2004 when we first announced it we said it had two screens because that's pretty easy to understand. We didn't say anything about the touch-screen until you could touch it and experience it at E3 and I think we're going to go the same route with Revolution." -- GamesRadar

"We plan on taking advantage of a number of new features in the Revolution, including the controller." -- Retro Studios (Creators of Metriod Prime)

"It is basically complete, but we reserve the right to move buttons and round corners. However, we have not shared everything that there is to know about Revolution or its controller." -- Jim Merrick

"C'mon, we're Nintendo - we like to hold things until the very end!" -- Jim Merrick

"Our competitors have detailed the power of their core processor and display. But the advantages of our technology will also have no bearing on gameplay. I know, this is one of those mysterious comments..." -- Satoru Iwata

So you see...we have ALOT to look forward to...

Sign in to follow this