NEurope
thirtynine.

Google Wave

I signed up for a possible invite ages ago, unfortunately I wasn't sent an invite in the initial batch.

I still don't get what's so interesting in this.

It's a new Google Beta.

I don't actually know why I want it, but I just do.

It just looks like an IM program that involves a lot more clicking than normal.

I'm confused about this. So... it... combines all your social activities into one... thing? And you can link in your Google services like Mail, Calendar, etc, too?

Sounds like a huge distracting page.

I think the main implication is an organisation/communication tool for businesses.

Clearer?

Its a more interactive IM? I would use something like that if it weren't on the browser.

I think so. The idea is you can edit and manipulate thing. Include images and videos (rather than just link) on the fly. Manipulate text (rather than MSN which requires you to have it a set font, colour etc).

Whats wrong with having it on a browser?

Just got an invitation... Will post more about it when I get a decent chance to play around with it.

Yeah, there's not a lot you can do unless you've got friends who use it. And even then there's not much you can do. I can imagine it would work well when collaborating on a project or something though.

My flatmate has an invite, and I think he said he now has the ability to add people. Don't know for sure but I'll check and get back to you.

Just got an invite. It's nice and sleek but it's boring because I have no one to use it with.

Just got an invite. It's nice and sleek but it's boring because I have no one to use it with.

What he said.

I got an invite a few days ago and got in a wave with a bunch of people from another forum. It was fun to see others type in real time. Also the Rosy app is quite cool although a little buggy. Having a real time conversation whilst I typed in English translating to Swedish and the other guy the other way round. He knew English but we tried it out anyways.

I think this is a brilliant thing for a number of different things.

The first thing I thought of was a Games Design Document but then I thought why would I need that I'm not on that course anymore. Aside from that documents that require input from a lot of people would be good with this, controlling what gets altered though will be a nightmare. Typing up something really long to come back the next day and someone deleted it and replaced it with their own version won't be fun.

Typing up something really long to come back the next day and someone deleted it and replaced it with their own version won't be fun.

Just revert to a previous version and kick them out of the Wave. It keeps a history of each step.