NEurope
Pit-Jr

Demon's Souls

That sucks. I remember when servers used to stay online for ages. Surely it cant cost too much to keep the servers going?

October.

Right after Dark Souls launches....

I'd better get my finger out, just bought this on Friday. Do you need to go online for the platinum trophy or can it be obtained purely by playing offline?

I'd better get my finger out, just bought this on Friday. Do you need to go online for the platinum trophy or can it be obtained purely by playing offline?

You can get it totally offline. In fact, it's preferable.

Also http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/ is your friend.

From Joystiq

Atlus sent out a little note reminding us all that today marks the second anniversary of the release of Demon's Souls, spiritual predecessor of Dark Souls. In celebration of two years of mind-numbing, controller-snapping difficulty, the publisher has some special World Tendency events lined up for the rest of the month.

Starting today and running through October 17, the in-game world of Demon's Souls will switch to Pure White Tendency, which makes the game (somewhat) less difficult and even opens up certain paths and items. From October 17 through the rest of the month - just in time for Halloween - the world will shift to Pure Black which, you guessed it, makes the game even more difficult (okay, fine, it also opens up different hidden areas too).

To offer up a birthday analogy, it's like Atlus is giving everyone a cake topped with beautiful white icing and a filling made of pure evil.

This was referenced in Mark Brown's latest video. A reminder of the ingenuity and singular feel of Demon's Souls, and how the Souls series became a bit turgid and complacent thereafter. It's kind of interesting to think that we (as a forum) knew it was special when it was just an obscure Japanese release, and reflecting on it now I think it's fair to say the industry was crying out for the kick in the teeth that this game represents. The most influential/important game of the last 10 years, perhaps?

• Like 2

4-1 is good to start with because you pick up a crescent falchion. World 2 is good to do 2-1 and 2-2 on to enable you to forge weapons. Leave world 5 until the end I say; it's a bloody pain in the arse. 3-1 is also good to pick up the clever rat's ring. Then finish off world 4 if you like to get the adjudicator's demon soul to make a meat cleaver, as well as the storm demon's soul to make the morion blade. 

Once you have the morion blade and the clever rat's ring, you become unbelievably powerful when on low health. Best of luck to you.

Helluva bump, but 11 years later in the remaster I can confirm this still works a treat in PvP.  

2-handed meat cleaver, clever rat's ring, morion blade and curse weapon. The results:

• Like 1