NEurope
navarre

Worst Place to live on Earth

The general point of this thread is for members to say the place they'd least like to live on Earth, past and present. It can be down to a number of factors, from minor niggles like scenery to major ones such as governments. I'll start.

Past: Soviet Union, 1920-1953. Stalin was a complete an utter psycopath, obsessed with the blood of hos own people and crazed by his own absoloute power. No one was safe from this nutter, not even members of his own family. From devestating war with the Germans, to overnight disappearences by the secret police, Stalin's Russia had it all. Hell has never been so vivid.

Present: Saudi Arabia. Do you like being oppressed as a woman? Do you like seeing your friends publicly beheaded for minor crimes? Do you like not being able to do anything, go anywhere, say anything, or being able to practise your religion freely? If so, Saudi Arabia sounds like the perfect place for you! Upon your arrival to this family friendly destination, you can see such sights as women being stoned for adultery, religious police terrifying the population and al-Queda trying to bomb the local populace persitently! Scorching hot 50*C temperatures included, to try and put the 'skin' in the 'skin cancer' part of your holiday!

Edited by navarre

Past, Present and Future: Rhyl.

As for a serious answer, I really have no idea. There's a lot of bad places made worse by us butting our heads into their business.

the worst place to live? any were with divina mcall. theres a woman whos head id like to smash in with an iron.

funy story, i actualy tied once.

While definably not the worst place in the world I could just never live in Alice Springs, far too isolated.

somewhere really cold I'd say.

lets just say greenland or something

That is actually a bad place to live right now due to high rates of violence, drinking and suicides (highest in the world I think).

Inside a ping pong ball. It would be a bit boring.

Are you crazy?! That'd be fucking sweet. Its basically your life in a Zorb!

I reckon central Antarctica would suck quite badly. Completely isolated, little food, crap weather, constant possibilty of alien attack.

Are you crazy?! That'd be fucking sweet. Its basically your life in a Zorb!

Yeah but you can't see outside, there is no exit and what happens if you fall in a ditch? No one is gonna help you!

Er... Bottom of the sea? I dunno. Stupid question.

I hear its quite pleasant down there.

spongebobs_house.jpg

Anywhere else but Denmark. Because Denmark RULES! The rest of the universe SUCKS! Yeah, do Denmark, woohoo!

Yeah, I got no clue.

Past or Present? Then I'm thinking anywhere on Earth about 4.5 billion years ago while the land was still molten, nothing lived and there was no atmosphere.

Kabul at any point in history really.

After doing this thread, Afghanistan came to mind. But yeah, it's been a dystopia ever since its creation.

the worst place to live? any were with divina mcall. theres a woman whos head id like to smash in with an iron.

funy story, i actualy tied once.

:(Am I really the only one who loves her?

Place I wouldn't like to live in? To be honest, I don't like living in Birmingham much. Sure some parts of Birmingham are nice to be in but most of it I don't like. Too many chavs where I live but to be honest, most of Birmingham is chav-infested, haha.

Past or Present? Then I'm thinking anywhere on Earth about 4.5 billion years ago while the land was still molten, nothing lived and there was no atmosphere.

Therefore you couldn't "live" there, making this answer obsolete ;)

With Buffalo Bill.

In seriousness, random 3rd world country rife with poverty violence and a likely oppressive government.

How about in another 1.1 billion years when it becomes inhospitable again after the Sun starts to die and boils up our oceans. May make an improvement to Rhyl though