NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Over my overdraft what will happen...

I totally forgot my direct debit for my EDGE subscription would come out this month...so I've gone over my overdraft limit by £2.08...I'm with natwest what will they charge me...I can't find it on their website just brings up about changes being made but doesn't state them. Also I don't have a pound to my name until 15th when I get paid...do they charge per day, if so I'm fooked..

Bank charges used to be £30 fixed for something like that but im not sure if they do now coz ppl kicked off.

I just got a letter from halifax today actually saying they are changing there policy soon to charging like £5 a day every day ur overdrawn unauthorised rather than one big fee.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

Edited by Mike1988uk

hmmm nt sure for natwest, HSBC used to charge me £50 if I went over my overdraft, shocking, they didn't even tell me what my limit was on it!!!!

Yeah they pretty much will charge you for going into an unauthorised overdraft. There was a big kick off about it but nothing ever came into place. Usually its about £30

edit: linky

I actually read about this on my banks site (HSBC)

I'm pretty sure they won't charge you as long as it isn't a regular thing.

Well I've got a tenner which I actually owe a friend but could get away with not paying them that till next week, so gonna go to cash machine on way to work and pay it in so that will pull me back within my limit by £8, its something at least...can't believe I've done it am a bit gutted never let myself slip up like that before...

Well I've got a tenner which I actually owe a friend but could get away with not paying them that till next week, so gonna go to cash machine on way to work and pay it in so that will pull me back within my limit by £8, its something at least...can't believe I've done it am a bit gutted never let myself slip up like that before...

They'll still charge you whether its 2 minutes or 2 years.

I had the same once, went into a 15p overdraft, pulled out some of my savings into my account an hour later and they still charged me.

They'll still charge you, I went over limit for 10 minutes, I still got charged. lol.

If they charge you. Ring them up, if its a once off normally they will just let you off as a 'good will jesture'. Again thats what Halifax did with me when i forgot once.

At lloyds tsb if it's your first time and you fix it within 24h and talk to them, they'll let you off.

You try to charge you £30 pounds. You then go in, and tell them that you want to withdraw all your money from your account minus £30, and when that's taken out you'd like them to close it. You tell them it's a shit that you've never done this before and that you're being charged for 2 quid is crazy. They then say, "Oh... well, seeing as it's your first time... we'll wavier it and set you up an overdraft?" You then say yes and shake the man's hand.

You try to charge you £30 pounds. You then go in, and tell them that you want to withdraw all your money from your account minus £30, and when that's taken out you'd like them to close it. You tell them it's a shit that you've never done this before and that you're being charged for 2 quid is crazy. They then say, "Oh... well, seeing as it's your first time... we'll wavier it and set you up an overdraft?" You then say yes and shake the man's hand.

how can you withdraw all your money when you are in an overdraft? o_O

I guess my reasoning for paying the tenner in would be incase they charge per day...

will I have to go in any pay the fee or will they just take it therefore making me more overdrawn?

I guess my reasoning for paying the tenner in would be incase they charge per day...

will I have to go in any pay the fee or will they just take it therefore making me more overdrawn?

I think they will just take it....

They should give you some written notice of the charges being taken out of your account so don't worry too much about that happening soon and making you more overdrawn.

Best thing, as others have said, is go in and talk to them about it. You'll usually find they're happy to help and I'd doubt they'd keep the charges if you've been a good customer up until now.

how can you withdraw all your money when you are in an overdraft? o_O

I concur. Explain please.

Well, from other accounts you hold with them? I guess this came out of some sort of current account or something, and he might have a savings? I'm not sure, something to that effect. Sorry I don't know his total financial history. Silly of me to presume. Cuh, egg on my face, eh?

They charge a flat fee, £25 or £30 If I remember correctly. I've been with Natwest since I could actually earn money and their bastards for the fee's. I've always got plenty in my account now so haven't had one of those charges for years, but back when I had an overdraft, it did occasionally happen.

my girlfriend got a £30 fee from natwest about 2 months ago. They woudnt budge on it either.

I didnt use online with Llyods TSB when i had an account with them. Went over by £3 and they charge me £30!! Didnt get the letter about it till it was long enough for them to warrant charging that much.

Went in to the branch to pled my case. Student, only £3 and all that. They wouldnt have any of it. I threatened to cancel my account and they encouraged it! So TSB never again!

They will take it anyway.

Also the tenner will not cover the whole charge, they will have already placed a charge on your account (something between £25-£50 normally). So realistically you will need to cover both your withdrawal and charge. As well as this be careful, some banks will charge you next month for being overdrawn in the previous month however I'm not sure if Natwest still do that, I'm fairly sure they removed it.

Ah well I'll pay the tenner in so I'm not over my limit if they charge me the money and I go back over it will just have to wait till I get paid on 15th as there is no way of me being able to put any other money back into my account. I spent all my savings and maxed my credit card going to south africa, so I'm pretty poor at the moment.

At LLoyds TSB they took the money just over a month later. Make sure you have spare money in your account before then.

At LLoyds TSB they took the money just over a month later. Make sure you have spare money in your account before then.

I will do, will have been paid...this has just been a long month lots of stuff to pay. I'll go into the bank I think if it makes no odds whether I pay in the tenner or not I won't bother...I don't wanna pay the tenner in then they charge me the fee and I go back over my limit again as then they might charge me again and that is just a rip off....Damn direct debits (although I should have released the next quarters payments were due)

At lloyds tsb if it's your first time and you fix it within 24h and talk to them, they'll let you off.

Did that and they said 'yeah, cool no probs' ... then sent me a letter saying I've been charged £10 fee, plus a fiver for each day the account stayed over the overdraft limit.

... Then they sent me a statement, and it went over the limit about 20 minutes before some money came into the account...

... So I guess I'll wait and see if they take any money out before i cry a little.

Sign in to follow this