NEurope
Happenstance

Building a PC

DDR2 prices are rising to try and make a return on unsold stock as DDR3 is coming in and down on price. DDR was expensive to DDR2 as well.

Luckily, i don't need to purchase anymore RAM. 3.5 gig is more than enough for me i think.

DDR2 prices are rising to try and make a return on unsold stock as DDR3 is coming in and down on price. DDR was expensive to DDR2 as well.

That's shit. Will it come back down again after a while?

That's shit. Will it come back down again after a while?

Possibly, but I cna't say how much or when. Ebay may be a good place to check for lower than average prices though.

Sounding pretty nice. If you don't mind a bit of risk, it's possible to unlock the other cores on that 550, it's oddly easy to do as well. Although, the 785 chipset is fairly new and may not allow.

I might try it, but yeah, the option might not be there, especially with it being a Gigabyte board. I am reading the manual now while backing up all my files.

The RAM looks great:

ram.jpg

Will be putting it all together in a few minutes.:grin: I dfefinitely need a blue heat sink.

If your board has something called ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration) in it's Bios you should be able to enable the other cores. ACC was designed for a different reason though, and even if it's still available they may have it fixed where enabling it won't allow for the other cores.

Looks good though, hope it all goes well.