NEurope
ReZourceman

"Collectors/Special Edition"

Its all about golden weapons. For the price its fine considering normal games are going for that price.

I think making ofs are great. the MGS one was interesting. Kojima got angry at the programmer lol. Was nice to know how they go about everything.

Statues are nice too. Sf4 should have just done one big model imo.

If it's the same price as the normal retail version, then fair enough. But still, golden weapons in Uncharted 2? It just doesn't suit the game at all tbh. As leet said earlier, golden weapons would be far more suited to a game like Saints Row.

Making of DVD's are deffinitely great though, especially the MGS4 one! I find the game creation process fascinating. It's unfortunate that RE5's making of DVD was crap, as it only concentrated on the cutscenes. It was still and interesting insight, but I wanted to see more of the game development damn it!

Statues are good too, but need to be well made. The Big Daddy figurine with Bioshock's LE was great (even though there were shipping issues)! The only downside is they take up space. :/ Unless they're poorly made, of course, that just sucks.

Fuck special editions, what you really want (and paying for primarily) is what is contained on that thin piece of round plastic called a disc.

This.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Fuck special editions, what you really want (and paying for primarily) is what is contained on that thin piece of round plastic called a disc.

Totally agree on this point, I used to love special editions but now they're more of a hassle - what on earth are you meant to do with all the shit they come with?! Having just moved house and realising how big my collection has become over recent years I'm rather looking forward to everything being available via download.