NEurope
ReZourceman

"Collectors/Special Edition"

You all know what I'm thinking.

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/~r343449/Uncharted-2-Among-Thieves-Special-Edition/?s=uncharted%202

Fuck is special about that.

I've had it with bitch-shit-piss-poor CE's. What the hell is the NFS Shift one? 95% are awful and in the 5% that are good, the EU (in comparison to the US) gets epic shafted *Glares at SFIV and Batman Arkham Asylum*

SRSLY dat shit be whack.

Yeah, I thought he gold guns were toys/ornaments, but they're just skins for the weapons in the game....? Do you get ANYTHING tangible with it? Other than a steel tin?

I'm with Rez on this, just taking the piss.

I think when they are done right, they offer quite a lot to any potential fans, such as BlazBlue or..........dare I say it........Modern Warfare 2.

Like this, 2 CD soundtracks and a Blu-Ray offering a full strategy guide for every character and bonus content such as interviews and Promotional ads. Its easily the best SE I have bought.

blazblue_ps3.jpg

Or what about this controversial one? Putting all personal views of Activision and Kotick aside, I believe this has value for money for me.

mw2HardenedPS3.jpg

Don't bloody buy them then.

Dude, WTF.....:(

And I hear ya Mat (not on COD) but that Blabliblue looks sweet. Like the US SF IV.

ps3.jpg

It just looks stunning. Then we get clearly low production crap. Instead of a Blu Ray, we get a DVD in a plastic sleeve for example.

streetfighter-iv-ce-1.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman

Dude, WTF.....

Seriously, I have no idea. I'm in a really weird mood. Just pretend I'm a better looking version of Mr Hyde.

Forgive me!

*Hulk Smash!*

Seriously, I have no idea. I'm in a really weird mood. Just pretend I'm a better looking version of Mr Hyde.

Forgive me!

*Hulk Smash!*

You hate me. :(

But you put a Marvel quote it.

You love me. :D

Dude if you don't like it, you're not compelled to buy it.

I actually reckon in game bonus' are better anyway. Least they have conceivable use.

well, seeing as how its the same price as the standard game any way, i'll be getting the collectors edition. its not exactly got alot of great stuff, certainly not as good as naughty dog suggested a few months ago.

No I think that's the rare one that they were bigging up. Comes in a signed box I think with a replica dagger thing from the game or summut. Only obtainable through online competitions.

Dude if you don't like it, you're not compelled to buy it.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion on it either? :woops:

I was just using the Uncharted one as an example.

The Witcher puts everything else to shame. It is a year later GotY edition, but instead of game+manual it's All of this. (linked since the image is kinda big). For the same price as normal. Note, the making of DVD is more than 3 hours long, also note that US doesn't get a printed game manual but EU does.

Am I the only person who think that gold weapons and stuff look utterly stupid and moronic?

Am I the only person who think that gold weapons and stuff look utterly stupid and moronic?

Depends. In Uncharted I agree, but in a campy game like Saints Row it would make sense.

Nope I dont see the point buying a special/collectors that has stupid things like Night Vision goggles but the USA are getting thing cuts/added for the games that only special if you pre-ordered the said game at games store.

Depends. In Uncharted I agree, but in a campy game like Saints Row it would make sense.

It does make sense in Saints Row (as it copies things to take the mick out them).

Dark Void has a golden jetpack as a pre-order bonus. A much, much better pre-order bonus would be a "50's Jetpack" made from boxes, kitchen towel tubes and fairy bottles. It requires a little bit more effort, though, so I doubt most developers would bother doing something different.

I agree most Collector's/Special Edition versions of games are a bit crap tbh. "Golden weapons!" Oh wow, a reskin that probably took the developers 5 minutes to make [/sarcasm.]

Seriously, they need to have something worth buying in it! If I were to make a game, and had to come up with some kind of "Limited Edition", it would at least include an artbook, soundtrack CD, a very in-depth making of DVD; all in a nice shiny case (that relates to the game in question.) I also like it when something really quirky, that strongly represents the game, is added. It shows that the publishers/developers have actually put effort into it!

I like figurines, and in-game content, but only when it's relevant, and done well. The Bioshock Big Daddy figurine and the MSG4 Old Snake figurine were both well made. Although they were still mediocre Limited Editions.

In the given example its the same price as the normal edition and lets face it the SE always goes down into offers before the standard ones anyway.

Fair enough when its something like Batman and you pay extra for a bit of plastic but more for the same price? Bloody whiny git :p

I am a bit of a sucker for special editions. Some are good, some are bad.

The good:

Halo 3 Legendary

Master Chiefs head. That is all.

Fallout 3

Bobblehead and awesome tin lunchbox.

Assassins Creed

Big, really well made figure. Plus the fact that I got it for less than £20 is a bonus.

GTA4 Safe Deposit Box Edition

The safe deposit box feels real and is solid.

The disappointing:

Saints Row Gun Pack

I thought that the gun was at least a cheap plastic toy. In actual fact, it's cheap plastic packaging. It's just a vaccum formed sheet made to look like a gun. It's shit.

Fable 2

Was originally supposed to come with fate cards and figure. I preordered it and got 2 emails during the waiting period. First the figure was cancelled, then the cards. Arseholes.

Edited by Goafer

The SFIV CE was terrible, really poor, the figures were so much smaller than I expected them to be. Also, I take the games out of the boxes/steel cases and put them on my shelf in their normal tin.

The tin DMC4 was pretty cool though.

This gen I got the limited collectors edition for Star Ocean: The last hope.

1244457716.jpg

For £45 I think that might be your monies worth in extras. The 3 game disks including a music CD best of the OST I think, Some character cards and a mini guide.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I'm like HoT, I like to have my collection all the same. Don't like having cases that don't match others in there. Looks messy.

Fuck special editions, what you really want (and paying for primarily) is what is contained on that thin piece of round plastic called a disc.

Just ordered myself the Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls from USA, man you get some great stuff with that for only £5 more :)

I agree most Collector's/Special Edition versions of games are a bit crap tbh. "Golden weapons!" Oh wow, a reskin that probably took the developers 5 minutes to make [/sarcasm.]

Seriously, they need to have something worth buying in it! If I were to make a game, and had to come up with some kind of "Limited Edition", it would at least include an artbook, soundtrack CD, a very in-depth making of DVD; all in a nice shiny case (that relates to the game in question.) I also like it when something really quirky, that strongly represents the game, is added. It shows that the publishers/developers have actually put effort into it!

I like figurines, and in-game content, but only when it's relevant, and done well. The Bioshock Big Daddy figurine and the MSG4 Old Snake figurine were both well made. Although they were still mediocre Limited Editions.

Its all about golden weapons. For the price its fine considering normal games are going for that price.

I think making ofs are great. the MGS one was interesting. Kojima got angry at the programmer lol. Was nice to know how they go about everything.

Statues are nice too. Sf4 should have just done one big model imo.

Edited by Choze