NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MATtheHAT

Battlefield 1943 Online Meet-up Thread (No Mics Required)

battlefield-1943-screen1-685x482.jpg

In an effort to try and unite the PS3 community on N-Europe, I will be trying to set up certain nights when gamers can get together and play. I chose BF1943 because I know most people have it, and, its a very good game.

Just reply below if you are interested in playing, and what day(s) are good for you.

Enlisted For Duty

Tuesday Nights - from 8:30pm

MATtheHAT

Dwarf Gourami

Flameboy

Cookyman

Friday Nights - from 9:00pm

MATtheHAT

Flameboy

Cookyman

Emasher (10pm)

Saturday Nights - from 9:00pm

MATtheHAT

Emasher

Cookyman

See you on the Battlefield

Edited by MATtheHAT

You can put me down for those nights take off the maybe just whether its this week or not remains to be seen...

'No mics required'. You have quite a different view from Cookyman. He doesn't like this statement seeing as he in in the rosey situation where he has everything that he needs and wants and expects us to conform.

Doesn't work like that though. And I can see this thread dying if I'm being honest, though I wish it to succeed. I'll try to stop being negative for now.

'No mics required'. You have quite a different view from Cookyman. He doesn't like this statement seeing as he in in the rosey situation where he has everything that he needs and wants and expects us to conform.

Doesn't work like that though. And I can see this thread dying if I'm being honest, though I wish it to succeed. I'll try to stop being negative for now.

Me too, I was going to put something in the OP, but meh, at least I tried.

It's not a case of that at all...he is quite right with his statement about what using a mic for online play brings to the experience. He's not expecting you to conform and his comment aimed at you in another thread is likely to be from the fact that you post so often moaning about your PS3 being broken...why don't you just do something about it instead of moaning?

Not every post I make about it is 'moaning' as you put it. I just slip it into my posts to remind people other than you or whoever why sometimes I say I can't do something.

Do you think I don't understand the principle of a mic? I had one for christs sake and yes it is good to have, but when there's such a small amount of people here that play it's a lot to demand that we should all use mics. I would if I could. Simples.

I expect you to conform? - shit! when did I become a Borg? ok so "resistance is futile - buy a fucking mic"

Loving your positive outlook for this thread by the way. Nice to see you adding to the happy vibe in the community. Your PS3 is fucked - I get it, I'd be pissed too - but Jesus Christ man lighten up a little.

I had a rant about the lack of community on here recently too but at least I finished on a positive note.

Be nice if could have an NE squad but lets face it thats hardly likely to happen. We have a growing number of PS3 owners on this site but nobody wants to play together regularly. Ok a few of us played some uncharted 2 beta last week but when was the last time we played Killzone 2 competitively or fucked about on burnout or played (insert game title here) together.

The online contingent on this forum is shite - some great guys here but we really need to sort our shit out and play together. VGEVO have a nice friendly forum and I have been going there for some of their gaming nights.

I'd really like to play more with you lot but it's not happening is it?

Ok rant over.

In summary our online contingent currently looks like this:

chun-li-fail-1.jpg

or this

fashion-fail-drag-eggplant-1.jpg

or even this

jessica-simpson-impersonation-fa-1.jpg

Lets fix it! : peace:

Not every post I make about it is 'moaning' as you put it. I just slip it into my posts to remind people other than you or whoever why sometimes I say I can't do something.

Do you think I don't understand the principle of a mic? I had one for christs sake and yes it is good to have, but when there's such a small amount of people here that play it's a lot to demand that we should all use mics. I would if I could. Simples.

You did have one, we had some fun time playing worms with mics - would have boring without the mics though wouldn't it? We're a community and communciation brings us closer together.

One of the best night of gaming I ever had was with Flameboy and Deathjam on Burnout Paradise. We were all just fucking about and talking away. Then a dickhead American who is on my friends list signed on. We got him to join in and I ripped the piss out of him but being American he didn't get it - Flamey and Deathjam were pissing themselves. It's hard to explain but was just so much fun and really brought us all together.

On Sunday night me and Mat the Hat were fucking about on Resi 5, chatting away and just generally having a good time.

You can't do this without a mic - it would be like playing a bot.

Some games such as Battlefield, Killzone 2, Fat Princess and SOCOM are infinitely better with Mics you can communicate, strategise and work as a team thus reinforcing the sense of comradery and community.

Thats why I'm keen on mics - I hope thats in depth enough for you.

I still hope this community on here grows I like you guys - I really want us to play together. I just personally think mics enhance the experience.

But hey if you don't want a new mic fine - I'm just saying.

Edited by Cookyman

I agree 100% cookyman! I don't use my mic half as much as I should namely because I am sick of people with shitty mics hurting my ears or dickhead yanks...

I do think in some ways this is a PS3 problem though, because mic chat wasn't a widespread feature at launch it didn't become an intergral part of the experience as it did with Live and the 360.

I've made online threads that faceplanted because the fact is at the moment no 'community' is established. What we have is a few people that post on a forum and share their PSN IDs. You get the occassional night which is good fun and I'm not stopping you from using it am I?

Joining in with mics is indeed good but I enjoy playing with you lot even if there is no voice chat. I do remember good times on Worms it must be said. Don't expect me to buy a microphone so soon.

And when did my mood come into it when speaking about my faulty system? I'm just saying it. If I hadn't you might've thought 'oh he isn't trying to get a mic because he doesn't think they're necessary'. No, it's because I have this other priority. I haven't re-iterated me being pissed off with the breakage since the Watchdog thing, and in that instance it was topical.

Edited by dwarf

I expect you to conform? - shit! when did I become a Borg? ok so "resistance is futile - buy a fucking mic"

Loving your positive outlook for this thread by the way. Nice to see you adding to the happy vibe in the community. Your PS3 is fucked - I get it, I'd be pissed too - but Jesus Christ man lighten up a little.

I had a rant about the lack of community on here recently too but at least I finished on a positive note.

You did have one, we had some fun time playing worms with mics - would have boring without the mics though wouldn't it? We're a community and communciation brings us closer together.

One of the best night of gaming I ever had was with Flameboy and Deathjam on Burnout Paradise. We were all just fucking about and talking away. Then a dickhead American who is on my friends list signed on. We got him to join in and I ripped the piss out of him but being American he didn't get it - Flamey and Deathjam were pissing themselves. It's hard to explain but was just so much fun and really brought us all together.

On Sunday night me and Mat the Hat were fucking about on Resi 5, chatting away and just generally having a good time.

Some games such as Battlefield, Killzone 2, Fat Princess and SOCOM are infinitely better with Mics you can communicate, strategise and work as a team thus reinforcing the sense of comradery and community.

I still hope this community on here grows I like you guys - I really want us to play together. I just personally think mics enhance the experience.

Did u not have fun with me... :(

Did u not have fun with me... :(

I did Mike your absolutely right! my bad

Me and Deathjam were playing Burnout one night and had cams on - and pulled ridiculous poses.

It was you that played burnout with me and flamey when that twat of yank turned up.

It was a while ago though and my memory isn't what it was (thats me being an old git) lol.

I did Mike your absolutely right! my bad

Me and Deathjam were playing Burnout one night and had cams on - and pulled ridiculous poses.

It was you that played burnout with me and flamey when that twat of yank turned up.

It was a while ago though and my memory isn't what it was (thats me being an old git) lol.

I've done the same thing to him in the past when we have discussed it he always seems to get missed out...poor lad.

I've made online threads that faceplanted because the fact is at the moment no 'community' is established. What we have is a few people that post on a forum and share their PSN IDs. You get the occassional night which is good fun and I'm not stopping you from using it am I?

Joining in with mics is indeed good but I enjoy playing with you lot even if there is no voice chat. I do remember good times on Worms it must be said. Don't expect me to buy a microphone so soon.

And when did my mood come into it when speaking about my faulty system? I'm just saying it. If I hadn't you might've thought 'oh he isn't trying to get a mic because he doesn't think they're necessary'. No, it's because I have this other priority. I haven't re-iterated me being pissed off with the breakage since the Watchdog thing, and in that instance it was topical.

The no community point you make is completely justified - see my attached rant earlier.

Your mood came into it when you were being negative about a battlefield night. At least we are trying to get things kicking off round here - you were expecting it to fail immediately. However to your credit you briefly joined me and MATtheHat and I have to say I had a good time.

N-europe PS3 online community nights can work we just need to motivate these fuckers to get on and play.

Epic post.

Also, where the fuck did MattC get to? And why was he on the other Team? (Although I did enjoy our little 'mission' to hunt him down like a pack of wild dogs)

I've done the same thing to him in the past when we have discussed it he always seems to get missed out...poor lad.

Apologies again Mike (grovel).

You must admit though Flamey and Mike - that has to be one of your fave online experiences - you 2 were cracking up.

Epic post.

Also, where the fuck did MattC get to? And why was he on the other Team? (Although I did enjoy our little 'mission' to hunt him down like a pack of wild dogs)

Yes I really enjoyed our discussion on our mics about hunting that varmant down! lol

Right ok - I'll stop with the mic digs now (well at least for a couple of posts).

At least we are trying to get things kicking off round here - you were expecting it to fail immediately. However to your credit you briefly joined me and MATtheHat and I have to say I had a good time.

I know, I said I wanted it to succeed straight afterwards to show that it would be nice if we did have liftoff. Anyways enough of the bickering, I think we are arguing about something we agree with here.

So.....who's down wit dis shit on Friday?

Put me down as a maybe - need to sort flat out - hosting a party here Saturday night - I expect lots of drunken Rock Band 2 goodness to ensue.

I know, I said I wanted it to succeed straight afterwards to show that it would be nice if we did have liftoff. Anyways enough of the bickering, I think we are arguing about something we agree with here.

Agreed - group hug and slobbery kisses soon x

Apologies again Mike (grovel).

You must admit though Flamey and Mike - that has to be one of your fave online experiences - you 2 were cracking up.

Without a doubt defintely. I can't really think of many other remotely close...We had a funny co-op game on Resistance...and remember a few good matches of Killzone with you making your typical comments...remember some burnout with choze (?) as well...but few and far between, been a couple of other online experiences with the couple of friends I have off vgevo...

Without a doubt defintely. I can't really think of many other remotely close...We had a funny co-op game on Resistance...and remember a few good matches of Killzone with you making your typical comments...remember some burnout with choze (?) as well...but few and far between, been a couple of other online experiences with the couple of friends I have off vgevo...

What's this VGEVO? thats you and Cooky both mentioned it. Gonna go take a look now.

I might be able to get on around 10 on friday. My last class ends at 3:32 CST, which is 9:32 BST.

What's this VGEVO? thats you and Cooky both mentioned it. Gonna go take a look now.

A forum/blog site they have a pretty good community. I've been listening to their playstation podcast psnation for a couple of years now and its a cracking podcast, they also have some other good shows like interactive distractions, on tap podcast and gamers only older (something I'd imagine cookyman listens to :heh:) I don't tend to post much at all (can't even remember last time I did) but its a good place...

I've ended up being home sick for the last few days, so I'll be able to join in at 9:00 rather than 10:00.

I realized the Guitar Hero/Rockband/Other games that come with standard logitech USB microphones, Microphones can be used for online voice chat, So I'll probably end up using that.

Unfortunately Derren Brown and Peep Show will intervene so I can't join you. (Even though Derren Browns programme will likely flop once again.

Unfortunately Derren Brown and Peep Show will intervene so I can't join you. (Even though Derren Browns programme will likely flop once again.

Yeah same here on all 3 counts.

Sign in to follow this