NEurope
canand

A new Pokemon game coming soon on Nintendo Wii

In the September issue of Famitsu magazine their is an interview with The Pokémon Company President, Tsunekazu Ishihara, which states that,

I can’t go into details about it, but we’re also working on a Wii game. It should be announced soon.

. As of right now that is all we have to go on. It is unknown if the game is just another WiiWare game or if it is in fact a new title such as Pokémon Battle Revolution.

http://projectpokemon.org/articles.php?req=read&article_id=121

Edited by canand

Wish they could instead of making a new pokemon game, make something brand new, perhaps something which suits the home console, like serebii said, pokemon only really suits the handheld.

Or adapt pokemon to work for the home consoles rather than trying to release a handheld game for the consoles.

I haven't played pokemon in ageeees.. I miss my gameboy :(

I hope they make a game similar to the gameboy iterations. No/minimal waggle involved, just using the Wiimote on its side.

I doubt that'll ever happen though :sad:

Considering the fact that it certainly won't be a full fledged RPG, I hope it's something with the polish and versatility of Pokémon Stadium 2.

But unfortunately it will probably be something by Genius Sonority again.

Pokemon Battle Revolution Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

I don't really see much point in that. Heart Gold and Soul Silver still work with the original one, don't they?

Ike's idea is the most logical course of action

Not as PBR HGSS but a new game in the style of "3D Battle Simulator" with compatibility for Pokémon forms introduced in Platinum and HeartGold & SoulSilver

The developers have stated it will never be a full 3D RPG

My money's on a Ranger Wii game, have been expecting that for a while

Pokemon Snap 2 per chance?

It's one of the few pokemon spin-offs I'd really like to see.

This would be nice. Surely there's not that much different with the Silver and Gold remakes that it requires a new Colosseum.

Don't they just have the models for the other pokemon forms on the HG and SS cartridges?

Why can't it be a 3d rpg

There's no reason it couldn't be.

The only thing Genius Sonority has put out since 2007 was the 100 Classic Books Collection (which probably only took a few people from their team to do). They're due for another game next year.

Why can't it be a 3d rpg

The developers have stated it will never be a full 3D RPG

....explanation enough?

....explanation enough?

no not really actually.. he made a valid point.

There's no reason it couldn't be.

The only thing Genius Sonority has put out since 2007 was the 100 Classic Books Collection (which probably only took a few people from their team to do). They're due for another game next year.

so the wii pokemon game wasn't developed by them at all? jeez like. they're getting away with a lot.

They don't want to do it. I think that's reason enough. Perhaps not a good reason but does anyone enjoy doing something they don't want to do? And do you think they'd put their heart and soul into something they don't wish to do.

They don't want to do it. I think that's reason enough. Perhaps not a good reason but does anyone enjoy doing something they don't want to do? And do you think they'd put their heart and soul into something they don't wish to do.

What on earth would any sane person want to work on? 100 book classics or a 3d pokemon rpg?

Unless they are of course being lazy, which is highly likely.

no not really actually.. he made a valid point.

so the wii pokemon game wasn't developed by them at all? jeez like. they're getting away with a lot.

Pokemon Battle Revolution was developed by them, but they haven't released anything significant since 2007.

We're talking about something like Coliseum or XD, not like the handheld games. Game Freak have stated they don't want to make a 3D Pokemon RPG. Genius Sonority has made 2 before and hasn't said anything regarding what they like developing.

Personally, I would fucking love it if the game turned out to be Pokemon Snap 2, it won't happen but hey w/e :heh: either that or I wouldn't mind another battle simulator but done right this time, with online and those excellent mini games from Pokemon Stadium 1&2 I used to love playing 'Run Ratata Run!' XD ah simple times... :)

Pokemon Battle Revolution was developed by them, but they haven't released anything significant since 2007.

We're talking about something like Coliseum or XD, not like the handheld games. Game Freak have stated they don't want to make a 3D Pokemon RPG. Genius Sonority has made 2 before and hasn't said anything regarding what they like developing.

Perhaps its all just different interpretations then, as I personally don't class Colosseum and XD as RPGs. Could be why there's the disagreement ^-^

C'mon...Pokemon MMORPG! YEAH!!

On a more serious note, even if it was just a full 3D (3rd person perspective, a-la Twilight Princess) port of Pokemon Yellow I'd be over the moon.

Personally, I would fucking love it if the game turned out to be Pokemon Snap 2

Oh man, I used to love playing Pokemon Snap on the N64 as a kid. I loved it to pieces.

Perhaps its all just different interpretations then, as I personally don't class Colosseum and XD as RPGs. Could be why there's the disagreement ^-^

nah there not really.. They have ever so slight elements to them.

I'm not starting the pokemon rpg argument for the Omteenth time so I;m going to leave it here :)