NEurope
Dyson

Charlie Brooker sets his sights on gaming..

Gameswipe is on this Tuesday at 10pm on BBC Four. Good stuff, I know a lot of us here are fans of Brookers work and seeing him take on the big wide world of gaming in a one-off special should be good.

Planning on watching it? Discuss!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n1j8q

Planning on watching it?

Definitely! :hehe:

Discuss!

Okay then. :)

Well, it's the Brooker. It's about video games. It's got to be good!

Can't wait, tis a shame it's only a one-off though. I'd prefer if he sticked to BBC4 only in a way and just stayed away from celebrity culture altogether. I guess it's too late for that now, especially with Dara etc in this feature.

I am watching Newswipe episodes on youtube but it is a shame that Gameswipe is going to be a one off special.

Watching ep4 of Newswipe is shocking and unbelievable on how the media lies and controls things.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Should be a good watch, Brooker riffing on videogames is somthing I've wanted to see for a while.

He used to write for PC Zone back in the day. I remember some his stuff being very funny indeed. He also occasionally rambles about games he's played in the footnotes of his Monday slot in G2.

I'm not massively into the Brooker love and hype, but games, now that's something I did once rather love! I think I might just check this out and see how it goes, then avoid all the people loving/hating him.

I'm not massively into the Brooker love and hype

You have a lot to learn. His articles and Screenwipe are astoundingly funny. But maybe you have experienced both of the previous so in that case maybe you are in fact not human.

Nah, I can see why people might not like him. I personally think he's brilliant, but could see why people might not find him funny. Then again, I've yet to actually meet someone who doesn't 'get' him.

Newswipe is one of the most depressing series I've ever seen. Fucking funny, though.

His mission documentary episode on screenwipe is one of my particular highlights. Connie Huck was brilliant and the whole ending segment was just outright genius.

I can't help but post about the guy. It's going to end up with me sounding queer, or just pretentious because I abuse the respect-giving.

I'm not massively into the Brooker love and hype

Then get into it boy. Go Deep. Balls Deep.

The classic Top 10 Cocks and She Cocks of advertising. I recommend starting with the third one. But tell me Rummy, do you think mortgages should have holes you can put your nob in?

1:

2:

3:

I can't actually wait for this piece of toss. TV highlight of the week guarenteed. Hopefully it's successful and he ends up doing a series for it. (Staying on BBC4)

Then get into it boy. Go Deep. Balls Deep.

The classic Top 10 Cocks and She Cocks of advertising. I recommend starting with the third one. But tell me Rummy, do you think mortgages should have holes you can put your nob in?

1:

2:

3:

Screenswipe on QVC telly.

Edited by Dante

That is genius. I love the way he doesn't attempt to change the channel, and then finds his own special way of blocking the product.

I'm a fan of his! Well not a fan but I do think he's funny. You have been watching was a good show and I have a book of his I haven't read yet. He does need to cheer the **** up though

I missed the first 10 mins. :( The Wolfenstein review is hilarious though!! :D

Oh yes, should hear Dara's reviews of Gears, GTA and Guitar Hero