NEurope

6420_147813440863_147812530863_3381400_1683908_n.jpg

"A mysterious global event causes everyone on the planet to simultaneously see, for two minutes and seventeen seconds, his or her life six months in the future. When it is over, many are dead in accidents involving vehicles, aircraft, and any other device needing human control. Everyone who survived is left wondering if what they saw will actually happen.

A Los Angeles FBI agent named Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes) tries to figure out what exactly happened and why it happened. Along with his team, he creates a database of people's flash forwards from around the world called the Mosaic Collective (for which a website has been launched). Apart from the various catastrophic visions, people also see themselves engaging in unexpected behavior; for example, Benford sees himself drinking again, and his wife Olivia has a vision of herself with another man.

Has anyone else seen the opening episode of this yet? It aired in America last night and I believe it's going to be shown on Channel 5 on Tuesday night.

From the first episode it looks like it's going to be pretty good. Very interesting stuff so far. Channel 5 are hyping it up quite a lot, mentioning Lost in the promos etc. It's well worth a watch on Tuesday night. I'm definitely going to be carrying on watching it.

Intrigued to see what's going to happen next after what happened right at the end of the episode!

Edited by Charlie

Yes! I've seen the trailers for this and it looks amazing, I'll download the first episode and post my impressions.

I dunno...something about it makes me think it won't last. Can't pinpoint it. I hope it does. It looks interesting and I'll watch the pilot tonight but colour me sceptical.

Bright side, they have apparently planned what to do once they reach the point where it all goes to hell in six months time (on the show, not as in March) so at least there's some forward planning.

I dunno...something about it makes me think it won't last. Can't pinpoint it.

The fact that they had to resort to showing it on Channel 5 in the UK?

The fact that they had to resort to showing it on Channel 5 in the UK?

lol Five occasionally picks winners. They're still showing 30 Rock yes?

Yeah the whole five thing might do damage to its viewers. I watch Neighbours and Home & Away, they've been whoring the ads for this program like nothing on earth.

I can see it being the next lost - you either love it, or it just goes completely over your head. Probably the latter for me :P

I dunno...something about it makes me think it won't last. Can't pinpoint it. I hope it does. It looks interesting and I'll watch the pilot tonight but colour me sceptical.

I concur, for me I think it's because the advert boasts it's from the same makers as Lost. Who have physically raped the concept of flashbacks, so have gone the opposite way.

No Sky snatched it from them.

5 had Prison Break to begin with, before Sky took that too. So if this takes off, no doubt season two will be on Sky.

No Sky snatched it from them.

I would imagine Sky will do the same if this goes really popular.

For some reason a part of them wants them to do this. I've got no idea why as it makes no difference to me whatsoever as I have them both. Might make it seem more mainstream or something if a 'big' channel picks it up. Anyway, I still won't watch it on TV but instead download it.

Edited by Charlie

Can't wait to watch the first season.

No doubt subsequent seasons will get crapper and crapper...

i'll likely watch it tomorrow, seen a few trailers which did catch my interest, would d/l it today but too busy at the moment

Just watched it and thought it was alright but not great. I wonder if everyone would just go with the flash forward theory so easily in real life though. They all seem to act like flashing forward into the future is an every-other-day occurrence. Nice to see a couple of british actors though even if they have got bad american accents.

I've just seen it too and thought it was really good, I can see it getting better and better.

Yeah I'm really looking FlashForward to watching this on Monday on C5, as Happen said nice to not have to download things.

Looks good.

JOHN FUCKING CHO!!!!!!!!!!! GET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that Stringer Bell?

Watched it last night

Because it was meh. Way too OTT dramatic at times. I've not seen such an amusingly awful slow motion run since Baywatch. Plus I know he is an FBI agent too but if he was so determined to go see his wife why did he keep stopping? RUN MAN RUN! Plus near the end. DUM DUM DUM FRIENDSHIP BRACELET!

When I first heard that during the first few eps of VM they colour-coded the male characters clothing to differentiate I found it silly, but watching this last night I think it might have helped. The only one I could differentiate was John Cho's character. White males do all look alike :heh:

The end did pick up my interest again but mostly I found it way too overdramatic. Plus it was trying to be Lost a bit too hard, and I grew tired of Lost anyway

Will be one of those I watch when bored I suppose, but not "must-see TV".

I just watched it and enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how it all ends up. Haha, I wonder if when they reach the time everyone flashed forward to will people start going "wait THIS IS IT"

Should be good so long as they don't draw it out too much, two seasons... maybe 3 tops should be the most they put into it.

I bet it all happened cuz some mafia group came up with something that would cause people to blackout and 2 mins 17 sec was exactly what they needed to steel a load of money or something, they were just meant to blackout people in a certain radius but something went wrong and it affected the world :heh:

I think however the biggest question must be

What the hell was a kangaroo doing in the middle of LA?

I'm sure the mystery is meant to last through the first season, which will take us to March (their time). I'm sure I read they've already planned for after that.

In regards to your big mystery

I presume it was meant to be like Lost's polar bear. Personally I laughed as it was just so stupid. Presume its meant to be from a zoo or something, was getting cleaned as everyone blacked out and he escaped.

I quite enjoyed it, although it did seem a bit over the top at times. I'm also concerned about:

The mystery isn't unravelled within 6 months, so the show is likely to go on past that stage. A lot of the show seems to be how people get to that point - what will happen to all of this after that point?

They need to go past the visions...but the build up to that point seems to be the entire basis of the series.

Edit: I suppose they could do it where they have a massive two-parter, with the time of the visions near the start of the second one, and finding out everything left in that episode.

White males do all look alike :heh:

I kept getting confused between FBI Agent and Suicide Doctor.

Edited by Cube

I would imagine Sky will do the same if this goes really popular.

For some reason a part of them wants them to do this. I've got no idea why as it makes no difference to me whatsoever as I have them both. Might make it seem more mainstream or something if a 'big' channel picks it up. Anyway, I still won't watch it on TV but instead download it.

five gets viewers in the low millions, Sky gets viewers in the high hundreds of thousands, so the programme will get much more exposure if it stays on five. five is, after all, a terrestrial channel and available to everyone but Sky is subscription only. However, programmes that do prove popular are usually stolen by Sky unfortunately.

five does pick winners a lot of the time, although the new Knight Rider (which was very enjoyable in the pilot movie and had bags of potential, but was then handed over to Gary Scott Thompson of the first Fast & The Furious film for the regular series and he butchered and raped it into a piece of shit :( ) has been picked up by five's Fiver channel and they're hyping it up well and advertising the hell out of it and it HAS been cancelled.

Just got round to watching this. I think that yes, it has cottoned on to the suspense-drama schtick that we've seen in Lost and Heroes, but it's an age old formula that is perfectly competent as an entertainment medium. Yes, the episode struggled to really grip beyond the gimmick of "zomg FUTUUR!" but I think the show will be capable of entwining us with the general whodunnit element as it grows, rather than simply ".. so will it be as it is seen?" (because honestly it will be, duh).

The dude with the star tattoos and the dude in the baseball stadium will surely be key focuses for a while. Beyond that I guess is simply; if it was a man-made situation then why do it, and if not then why did some people not black out? Personally I think the dude at the baseball game was just at the game to ensure he would be seen by camera. He wasn't wearing team colours or anything.

I felt the 4400 vibe after watching it, too, and that show managed to go beyond the initial zomg situation. The FBI dude clearly hadn't solved the matter at hand, so once we get to april 30th that'll still be a focus, as well as this shady secret bunch of Dudes behind it. Future seasons? If this is a man-made power then maybe other instances, or maybe a more controlled version of it (perhaps it was an experiment gone wrong -- meant to be focused on a few individuals rather than the world?), so we'll have, like, Secret Agents Minority Report/Timecop styleee.... who knows. Just rambles.

Producer Marc Guggenheim added: "We know what the ultimate season is and the penultimate season is. For in between, we know the various seasons but we are treating it like an accordion.

"In success, [the show] can go seven years. In less success, it would need to go three years to work. The end game of the show, to be properly done, really requires two full seasons focusing on the end game."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a178992/flashforward-execs-have-ending-planned.html