NEurope
Goafer

The big filesharing debate

Yes, of course. When he sells the album, he sells the right to own it, meaning it's illegal for him to keep a copy of the music.

Yep. But I seriously doubt most people delete ripped music before selling the cd it came on, so most cds you buy secondhand will probably involve copyright theft somewhere.

Yep. But I seriously doubt most people delete ripped music before selling the cd it came on, so most cds you buy secondhand will probably involve copyright theft somewhere.

Ah, yes, you're most likely right. I was only speaking theoretically, not realistically. But in such a case, you wouldn't be committing anything illegal by buying the album second-hand, would you? Only the "ripper" would?

Also, it surprises me that it's illegal (at least in the UK or so I gather) to rip a CD. I thought you were allowed to make back-up copies of your stuff for yourself as long as you had ownership rights?

that videos amazin lol.

cant remember the last time i paid for a dvd/album, but i do go gigs/movies a fair bit, so i pay my dues :)