NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil 5: Alternative/Gold Edition

Patricia Ja Lee, the voice actress for Jill Valentine, has revealed that she will reprise her role for the character in Resident Evil 5: The Director’s Cut.

Granted, a Director’s Cut has not been announced despite this being TGS week, and Lee may be referring to DLC instead.

Who knows really. We will mail Capcom and see if anyone bites.

There’s a video of her admission after the break. It happens about seven minutes in.

VG247.com

Bonus - Interview with Julia Voth (REmake Jill)

It better be DLC, it'd be bad for them to consider releasing this in disc form allready.

urgh really...I found resi 5 a chore to play for the most part...so the thought of playing more just isn't attractive.

You found Resi 5 to be a chore? Me and SCG rocked it up on Co-op over XBL, it was awesome :D

You found Resi 5 to be a chore? Me and SCG rocked it up on Co-op over XBL, it was awesome :D

*nods* we fucking rocked that shit! right to the very end...

"ensuring complete, global saturation... Raaargh!" *piercing sound* You Are Dead!

Lolol :D ahh fun times...

LMAO! "Complete...global....saturation..!" *fails quicktime event for 4th time running*

YOU ARE DEAD

That was golden :laughing:

LMAO! "Complete...global....saturation..!" *fails quicktime event for 4th time running*

YOU ARE DEAD

That was golden :laughing:

Hehe yep :D it's moments like that which make the game so much fun to play. :)

Rename this topic please.

IGN - During Sony Computer Entertainment Japan's press conference at the Tokyo Game Show this evening, Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi took the stage and announced Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition.

The new edition makes use of Sony's latest Motion Wand controller. Graphically it looks the same as the original Resident Evil 5, except for an added cursor on screen reflecting your motion control movements. You play with one hand holding the Wand and the other a Dual Shock 3.

Besides motion controls, the game has additional content as requested by fans, Takeuchi said.

There will also be a teaser trailer shown later.

It's scheduled ship date is Spring 2010 in Japan, the same time as the expected shipping date for the Motion Wand, meaning this could be a launch title. No word on if this game is exclusive to the PlayStation 3 due to the control scheme. We'll keep you updated.

You play with one hand holding the Wand and the other a Dual Shock 3.

Lol no... I tried holding a Dual Shock 3 and a Wii Remote in the other and it's just... uncomfortable, DS3 does not equal a nunchuk, this is just lazyness by Sony.

I'll wait for the inevitable Natal port of this thanks. :heh:

The wand in one hand and the dualshock/sixaxis in the other...... say what you will about Nintendo having you tether a Nunchuk to the Wiimote to play these kinds of games but at least it felt natural and not cumbersome in the slightest. That's going to be horrible to play with.

The DS3 held vertically in one hand isn't uncomfortable for the analogue stick.

Hopefully the DS3 is just an option to make games more accessible and Sony are actually releasing a second MoCo. If that were the case, I'd give kudos to Sony for trying to make the whole thing cheaper. If not, they can kiss my arse.

The DS3 held vertically in one hand isn't uncomfortable for the analogue stick.

Hopefully the DS3 is just an option to make games more accessible and Sony are actually releasing a second MoCo. If that were the case, I'd give kudos to Sony for trying to make the whole thing cheaper. If not, they can kiss my arse.

The only comfortable position i can find is to hold the DS3 normally in one hand but have the bottom right portion of the DS3 braced against my stomach, and even then it feels awkward.

Bluetooth nunchuk please....

Just hold it sideways with the prongs facing right, that way your right hand is supporting all its weight. The set up of the buttons and stick are then just a mirror of their normal position, so the 4 face buttons could even be used as well. It's not tricky at all.

They'd have to disable L1 because that keeps getting pressed by the palm.

Just hold it sideways with the prongs facing right, that way your right hand is supporting all its weight. The set up of the buttons and stick are then just a mirror of their normal position, so the 4 face buttons could even be used as well. It's not tricky at all.

They'd have to disable L1 because that keeps getting pressed by the palm.

True its not uncomfortable. Just looks a bit retarded.

True its not uncomfortable. Just looks a bit retarded.

I won't argue with that. :heh:

(Chris + Jill Scenario)

RE1/Make nods + RE4/RE5

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Interesting to know that Sony's new motion control scheme will be ready next Spring, earlier that I thought to be honest.

I'll be interested to know how much extra content is added to this game as I already have RE5 and whether if you can play this game with or without the wand in your hand.

I saw a quick video of someone at Capcom playing the game and at present it doesn't look so great.

Holding that lolipop wand in one hand and holding 'half' of a dual shock 3 controller in the other doesn't seem very comfortable. I'm interesting in getting this game (I have RE5 already) but I'd like to see the traditional control scheme being in the options as well as this new control scheme.

I saw a quick video of someone at Capcom playing the game and at present it doesn't look so great.

Holding that lolipop wand in one hand and holding 'half' of a dual shock 3 controller in the other doesn't seem very comfortable. I'm interesting in getting this game (I have RE5 already) but I'd like to see the traditional control scheme being in the options as well as this new control scheme.

RE4 Wii has a traditional controls steup, so the RE5:AE should have traditional control option as well.

urgh really...I found resi 5 a chore to play for the most part...so the thought of playing more just isn't attractive.

I agree. Very dull and poor game. Does't live up to its legacy, it's a disgrace on RE4.