NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

What is there for Wii this Q4?

ok now call me a blind fanboy because I don't want to play any games the end of the year that are not our for the 360/PS3/PSP

blind fanboy :p couldn't resist =]

I only own a wii, and i'm finding that I don't have the time to complete the games I own at the moment; so my only concern is the number of games on my to get list just keeps on increasing.

to be fair though thats a pretty nice problem to have :grin:

blind fanboy :p couldn't resist =]

I only own a wii, and i'm finding that I don't have the time to complete the games I own at the moment; so my only concern is the number of games on my to get list just keeps on increasing.

to be fair though thats a pretty nice problem to have :grin:

We're like brothers, man.

I would make love to you, but that would be incest.

I agree though, it's a good problem to have. Actually, no, it's rubbish. I want to be able to play more games, haha. Grand Slam Tennis is one game I want, and Punchout!!

theres a few that ill get like dead space and new super mario but thats it really

only ever play wii really these days is when got mates over and fancy some bowling etc

99402901.jpg

:p

Definately Punchout! Little Kings Story aswell. In fact i still haven't played Metroid Prime 3. How long ago was that out??

I haven't completed Zack & Wiki yet either. I've had that ages, but i'm stuck on what i'd imagine is one of the last levels and don't want to cheat :sad:

Soooooo many games.. I need Derron to win me the lottery.

Personally only Mario Bros, Wii Fit Plus, Mario & Sonic At The Winter Olympics! I already have Muramasa (it rocks).

It's ashame Metroid 'Other M' or Super Galaxy 2 couldn't make this year! Or even Endless Ocean 2 really...cause even though Silent Hill, Dead Space, Resident Evil Chronicles will be ok they probably won't do it for me.

Games I want to pick up by the end of the year on Wii:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Dead Space Extraction

Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles

Muramasa

Tatsunoko VS. Capcom

Games I want to pick up on the 360

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I would love to do a thread where people talk about how much they had spent on games. We must be talking in the thousands or so for some people this generation. That's madness. No. It's Spartaaa.

Actually, I think it will be really interesting when the updated Nintendo Channel comes to PAL regions so we can share how long we've all played on various games. Somehow I know Super Mario Galaxy will be first for me.

But the problem is is that most of the time if we praise a game, all those 'other consoles' fanboys come on and call us blind fanboys.

Which makes me ask myself why? People can be hyped up for HD games that look the same as all those other prequels before it, yet we can't say shit all about it, because that would declare us a stupid blind fanboy's who need to accept HD?

I accept HD but give me a fucking a game that I can enjoy, the games on the Wii have been just as much fun if not better then most of the HD games.

Waggle or HD, I don't give a fuck, as long as it's good I don't see why people fucking complain ::shrug:

The end of the year I will have myself swamped in DS games, a little Wii games and no HD games, ok now call me a blind fanboy because I don't want to play any games the end of the year that are not our for the 360/PS3/PSP

Well... I dunno about anyone else here but the reason I don't like Nintendo's outing this generation has nothing to do with waggle or HD. I don't care about the graphics, I just miss the array of can't-miss 5-star Nintendo games that used to make the poor 3rd party support forgivable.

Looks like I might get NSMB for Wii but the lack of online is seriously lazy and annoying because i really can't imagine it being as much fun in single player :/ We'll see though, depends how much money I have left after getting The Ballad of Gay Tony, COD and The Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Well... I dunno about anyone else here but the reason I don't like Nintendo's outing this generation has nothing to do with waggle or HD. I don't care about the graphics, I just miss the array of can't-miss 5-star Nintendo games that used to make the poor 3rd party support forgivable.

Bought any 3rd party games lately?

Yep, Batman: Arkham Asylum. And what a game it is.

It's incredible..i'm loving it.

Yep, Batman: Arkham Asylum. And what a game it is.

I believe he was talking about on the Wii.

Nobody really buys a PS3 or Xbox for first party support :heh:

I believe he was talking about on the Wii.

Nobody really buys a PS3 or Xbox for first party support :heh:

Exactly, that's what I bought a Wii for, and it has let me down.

Oh, I forgot I'd posted in this thread...

You do realise this is a Nintendo site right?

This:

You are aware that we have a strong Other Console following on the boards, right? :awesome:

The OC board still really interests me, as well as general chat, etc...

He's relying on his affinity with Muse to keep him in my good books. :heh:

Lol! :heh:

You see I just I don't get it. This feels like it has absolutely nothing to do with the Wii's line up (correct me if I'm wrong). Because there has been, and are coming lots of great titles. Am I disappointed in the lineup this winter? Of course. But to say you haven't bought a game and there are no good games is...well...it seems like you have given up already and are just not interested.

If you're getting DC then you must like light gun games Or maybe just RE), so didn't House of the dead interest you? And no Dead Space this winter? No point saying stuff like Beatles Rock band or GH5 or multi format because I would presume with the thinking with the people who never play their Wii they'd get these on other consoles, so exclusives - Wii Sports Resort, Madworld, Punch Out, Grand Slam Tennis, Little Kings Story... none of these interest you?

As for games this year, again I'm disappointed too, but there's still DC, Dead Space, Silent Hill, A boy and his blob, Muramasa and we all know NSMB will turn out to be incredible.... And these are just the exclusive games that interest me.

PS Mario and Sonic Winter Games also interests me but i think I'm in the minority on that one

I'll be honest (and I hope I don't get flamed for this); I've lost interest in the Wii due to the control scheme. It was a great idea at first, but the novelty as wore off on me now, I prefer to play games the normal way tbh. Don't get me wrong, there's some great games on Wii, and some fantastic concepts, just the inclusion of "waggle" really puts me off. Maybe I'm just going through a phase, maybe I'll go back to playing my Wii at some point, but right now it just isn't what I'm looking for in terms of gaming.

And yes, I do like lightgun games and RE, which is why I'm getting Darkside Chronicles. I also bought and completed HotD: Overkill, but haven't played it for a while (I'd forgoten about that actually. :heh:) Not sure what to think of Dead Space: Extraction though, not really looked it up tbh.

CFM: I understand completely; I'm almost the reverse, I have some amazing games on the 360 and PS3 to play through - still not completed Dead Space which I love, MGS4, LBP, Fallout 3 etc. These are incredible games. But I just never play them, but because, for some reason, I prefer the wiimote - I've been playing through some good wii games over playing incredible other console games...that's just weird isn't it?!

But anyways, Dead Space extraction is getting some incredible hands on; it's sounding better than Darkside Chronicles. So if you do like light gun games, I'd read up on it, because I think you'll like the sound of it

But anyways, Dead Space extraction is getting some incredible hands on; it's sounding better than Darkside Chronicles. So if you do like light gun games, I'd read up on it, because I think you'll like the sound of it

Yeah, I've heard a similar thing. From what I've heard, Dead Space: Extraction is just incredibly atmospheric and strategic, whilst most are suggesting that, although it is still good, Darkside Chronicles looks better then it plays.

Just what I've heard.

CFM: I understand completely; I'm almost the reverse, I have some amazing games on the 360 and PS3 to play through - still not completed Dead Space which I love, MGS4, LBP, Fallout 3 etc. These are incredible games. But I just never play them, but because, for some reason, I prefer the wiimote - I've been playing through some good wii games over playing incredible other console games...that's just weird isn't it?!

Really? Thanks for that! ^^ I can understand where you're coming from too tbh, I know a lot of people love the Wii for it's controls (hence why it's doing so well.) I'll probably get back to it at some point in the future. Also, thanks for the heads-up on Dead Space, I'll have to check it out!

I too haven't bought a game for my Wii or played it in over a year, I think Smash Bros was the last game I bought / played. I plan on going through Zack and Wiki with my housemates some time though.

The problem for me is Wii games simply don't feel like great value compared to any PS3 offering now. Online play still isn't a standard like it should be, and while I can cope with lesser graphics the weaker hardware just makes Wii games feel more limited for some reason, I can't really describe it though :P.

It's like someone else said, there just arn't enough awesome single player must own games on the console. I thought the big 3 of Metroid, Smash Bros and Galaxy was just the beginning but it feels like it was just the premature end :( (Until 2010 anyway).

Erm yeah.

Anybody who hasn't bought Little King's Story by now doesn't have a valid opinion.

Is this a real time strategy game?

I used to really be into Age of Kings on the PC, played it for years in fact. So RTS games on a console have been a bit of a let down for me. I tried Halo Wars on the 360 recently and although the graphics were good, the gameplay and control methods were crude compared to AOK. I completed it in a few days, the game just had no depth to it.

Muramasa and No More Heroes likely coming to PS3. Alot of Wii games are looking like they will be ported. I think the main reason for the Wii is Nintendo's games. I want Mario Kart Wii 2.

Muramasa and No More Heroes likely coming to PS3. Alot of Wii games are looking like they will be ported. I think the main reason for the Wii is Nintendo's games. I want Mario Kart Wii 2.

Neither of those games have been linked with the Ps3 at all :/.

I know there was some rumour about a Marvelous game heading to the PS3 but it was probably just BS.

Sign in to follow this