NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

What is there for Wii this Q4?

Neither of those games have been linked with the Ps3 at all :/.

I know there was some rumour about a Marvelous game heading to the PS3 but it was probably just BS.

With Wii 3rd party sales falling behind PS3 its going to be hard for Nintendo to stop this. Sony seem to have created a system where they gain from Wii development and middleware companies are already promoting the idea with free crossovers etc. Now you are hearing game companies want their motion games on PS3(Marvelous's head to Capcom etc.). But lets see how it turns out.

edit: Would be funny if PS3 is going to be your Wii HD.

Edited by Choze

With Wii 3rd party sales falling behind PS3 its going to be hard for Nintendo to stop this. Sony seem to have created a system where they gain from Wii development and middleware companies are already promoting the idea with free crossovers etc. Now you are hearing game companies want their motion games on PS3(Marvelous's head to Capcom etc.). But lets see how it turns out.

Translation: No, I do not have a source. I created this theory in this special mind of mine. It's very nice here. There are unicorns, little men with red horns, a tail and a pitchfork, and Jimi Hendrix is playing golf with the spleen of Bob Monkhouse.

Translation: No, I do not have a source. I created this theory in this special mind of mine. It's very nice here. There are unicorns, little men with red horns, a tail and a pitchfork, and Jimi Hendrix is playing golf with the spleen of Bob Monkhouse.

Its good for Wii too as these games have a cushion for better sales.

Its good for Wii too as these games have a cushion for better sales.

Again, you're still just using your imagination. You can't really "claim" that these games will be coming to the PS3 and then just make another post which doesn't really back up your claim at all. You're just putting bits and pieces together and hoping it falls into place. This doesn't mean that games such as Muramasa will be coming to the PS3, at all.

Again, you're still just using your imagination. You can't really "claim" that these games will be coming to the PS3 and then just make another post which doesn't really back up your claim at all. You're just putting bits and pieces together and hoping it falls into place. This doesn't mean that games such as Muramasa will be coming to the PS3, at all.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/motion-controller-update-part-iii-deep-dive-into-the-e3-demo/

Watch this and tell me Kotick isnt rubbing his hands in glee?

edit: Yeah ofcourse nothing is 100% at all but the possiblity is there. Many Wii games havent done well but they could find more success on PS3. Its a good thing overall for the developers may be able to make more games as they have more people to sell to.

Edited by Choze

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/motion-controller-update-part-iii-deep-dive-into-the-e3-demo/

Watch this and tell me Kotick isnt rubbing his hands in glee?

edit: Yeah ofcourse nothing is 100% at all but the possiblity is there. Many Wii games havent done well but they could find more success on PS3. Its a good thing overall for the developers may be able to make more games as they have more people to sell to.

The possibility is there for many other projects, but it doesn't always mean it'll happen. Even if things do make logical sense.

The possibility is there for many other projects, but it doesn't always mean it'll happen. Even if things do make logical sense.

Well as you said lets wait and see. Interesting times though.

Well as you said lets wait and see. Interesting times though.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised about No More Heroes, since I think Suda himself says that future games will probably take place on other consoles. This could either mean handheld, the HD consoles, or even the Wii's successor. It could mean a lot of things. Muramasa I think will more than likely stay as part of a cult-hit for the Wii, at least for the time being.

Whether they get ported over in the future, or the sequels get made for other systems, who knows. I don't think anyone can say for sure it will happen. Equally, if they stayed Wii exclusives, I would not be surprised much either.

Some people want to think that Muramasa and No More Heroes are likely coming to PS3. Alot of people want to believe that a lot of Wii games are looking like they will be ported.

Fixed. :wink:

sigh this thread really has been derailed...Basically I started it because there really is bot all I'm gonna buy on my Wii. I don't even see myself picking up any of the casual stuff which I do on occasion. More of my casual gaming has been on PC and I don't play PC games at all, yet my Steam account is filling up and theres a ton of free downloadable games that are awesome (anyone tried Ben there done that?)

I bought my PS3 to stand alongside my Wii but its my main gaming platform which kinda makes me sad as I'm no fan of Sony's tbh, got my PS3 for MGS4, LBP and Uncharted games I wasn't gonna find anywhere else. Thank god there are so many awesome DS games both going cheap and coming out in the future otherwise I really would be without Nintendo...

Ok... To the Nintendo fans that get irked and irritated by such threads... Can you really blame them? There's nothing that excites me whatsoever on the wii for the rest of 09. For that matter there hasn't really been a MUST BUT for me on the wii for 2009. It's these long spells of dryness that make me feel it's the wii that's just lowering my desire to be the avid gamer I once was.

Infact, I'm contemplating buying a GC for all it's classics, to rejuvenate this lowered desire.

And this is no flame, just my own opinion. This fact also highlights my lack of desire to post here, because there's nothing much to talk about concerning the wii, don't be surprised if other topics get more popullated - that trend just goes to highlight my opinion is much more widespread than some here think. I'm a die hard nintendo fan that knows the element of every pokemon like the back of my hand, or remembers the location of every golden skulltula... But this wii fountain of hope is turning into a trickle of despair.

Why buy a GC when you can play them on your Wii?! Or is this just a another sensationalist comment with as much intelligence behind it as "My Wii is gathering dust!!".

Why buy a GC when you can play them on your Wii?! Or is this just a another sensationalist comment with as much intelligence behind it as "My Wii is gathering dust!!".

I've sold my wii some time ago now, and there is certainly nothing attracting me to get one again, and most definitely not for it's current rrp. A good second hand Gamecube with a few hordes of classics is a much more thrilling option, even just for the replay factor of some games.

I've sold my wii some time ago now, and there is certainly nothing attracting me to get one again, and most definitely not for it's current rrp. A good second hand Gamecube with a few hordes of classics is a much more thrilling option, even just for the replay factor of some games.

Ok, there's nothing that you want in it.

Done.

edit: Would be funny if PS3 is going to be your Wii HD.

Most these companies can't afford to make their games in HD, they just don't have the tech required.

It always interests me how gamers buy an old console for it's classics yet won't buy already-released games already considered classics on ther current console. They are usually cheap so why is this the case? Nostalgia is powerful I guess.

Anyway, thinking about it there are a ton of great 'classic' games for Wii that I must get before this quarter is over. Tons from this year and last...

I've said it before: Wii will be looked back on so fondly that in ten years it will be like the nostalgia the DC gets.

It always interests me how gamers buy an old console for it's classics yet won't buy already-released games already considered classics on ther current console. They are usually cheap so why is this the case? Nostalgia is powerful I guess.

Anyway, thinking about it there are a ton of great 'classic' games for Wii that I must get before this quarter is over. Tons from this year and last...

I've said it before: Wii will be looked back on so fondly that in ten years it will be like the nostalgia the DC gets.

This is what annoys me the most. People slated the N64 way more than the Wii, saying it was shit, has hardly any good games, LONG periods of no decent games... yet now it's classic console. Same with the gamecube, awful console with the same problems etc. I guess people love to effing moan!!!

This is what annoys me the most. People slated the N64 way more than the Wii, saying it was shit, has hardly any good games, LONG periods of no decent games... yet now it's classic console. Same with the gamecube, awful console with the same problems etc. I guess people love to effing moan!!!

Yeah but the N64 was all about quality. The volume of games may not have been there but the quality sure was. To be fair I never moaned on about the lack of titles during the N64 era, I was too busy playing Mario Kart with my mates, collecting stars on Mario or playing Zelda OOT for the 100th time :D Happy days!

Yeah but the N64 was all about quality. The volume of games may not have been there but the quality sure was. To be fair I never moaned on about the lack of titles during the N64 era, I was too busy playing Mario Kart with my mates, collecting stars on Mario or playing Zelda OOT for the 100th time :D Happy

days!

exactly! I didn't mind at all. There was always something that kept me glued to the n64 and gc, even if it meant playing games over and over again. It was this sheen of quality in their games that made me approach the ps1 and ps2 as consoles you only play a few games then give it up.

This time though, this is not the case for me. I'm just not into the games some of you may consider wii classics such as: wii music, wii fit or wii sports resort and I feel these games for the new audience occupied slots for the types of games I love to play. Its not really about nostalgia, I'm just fond of the less gimmicky, straight forward game types of old. But that's just me; I am a man of the past and I do applaud nintendo on their new approach - it's good for them - but it's just not what I necessarily wanted.

In retrospect and in comparison, the next installment of games series that has featured on the Wii has been lack lustre for me. Games such as Pokemon Battle Revolution and Super Paper Mario I felt have nothing on their predecessors. This is not a moan, im just trying to explain my reasoning - there's no need to get snappy or annoyed or bunch me in with a certain kind of gamer.

That being said Brawl, Galaxy and Okami were great and my most played games on the system. But hey, I felt like I just had to put that line in to make some of you happy. .. Meh.

This time though, this is not the case for me. I'm just not into the games some of you may consider wii classics such as: wii music, wii fit or wii sports resort

I don't think anybody here considers Wii Music or Wii Fit to be classics. Games such as Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Brawl, Zelda, Little King's Story, World of Goo and Zack and Wiki on the other hand...

There was always something that kept me glued to the n64 and gc, even if it meant playing games over and over again.

It was easier to play the games all weekend or whatever back then. If we were all as old as we are now when the N64 came out I bet we would be singing a different tune.

Also, when games were few and far between back in the day, its was easy to appreciate them whereas nowadays everyone is always focused on the next big thing.

Sign in to follow this