NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

What is there for Wii this Q4?

I've been looking through my preorders for the xmas season and its got all sorts in PSP, DS, PS3 and even PC games. Sadly there are no Wii titles, I've looked through various sites release dates and there is nothing I am remotely interested in until Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M. In the odd position that think the only new games I have bought recently are Punchout and Wii Sports Resort, neither of which kept my attention, (nearly finished Punchout mind) in this time I've actually bought more PC games and this is from a netbook owner so its not like I'm spoilt for choice for new releases.

Have no interest in Wii Fit and to me New Super Mario Bros Wii looks lame and seem as I spend a lot of my gaming time alone it just doesn't appeal.

to me New Super Mario Bros Wii looks lame and seem as I spend a lot of my gaming time alone it just doesn't appeal.

34obmvl.gif

Killer Kirby just made my day.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

@Flameboy

If you already pre-order so much for them other systems, why does it even matter.

The quality games for the DS fill the lack of wii games nicely IMO.

Yeah? Certainly I'm said that NMH2 and Red Steel 2 have been pushed back into next year. But hey, Silent Hill: SM, Resident Evil: DC, NSMBWii, A Boy and His Blob, and Dead Space: Extraction is all on my to buy list. Not to mention Cave Story and NiGHT Game on WiiWare. :-)

TBH, I was wondering the same thing and I really haven't seen much (if anything) that interests me for the next few months.

I may end up giving Silent Hill and Dead Space a look (cheers to LostOverThere for the reminder) and maybe Tales, but it really looks like another lacklustre holiday season for Nintendo, although Wii Fit Plus and NSMBWii will probably sell by the bucketload.

To be fair, there isn't also that much that I am getting hyped for on the 360 either, and the only thing that I am looking forward to on that is Brutal Legend, so hopefully that delivers.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

We should be getting a Q4 release date list soon since NoA just announced theirs, right?

I haven't bought a Wii game for about a year or more, I've almost lost all interest in it now. Infact, my parents bought Wii Fit, and use my Wii more than I do! Although I am getting Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, so at least it'll get some use. After that, I really can't see myself buying anymore games for it tbh.

I haven't bought a Wii game for about a year or more, I've almost lost all interest in it now. Infact, my parents bought Wii Fit, and use my Wii more than I do! Although I am getting Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, so at least it'll get some use. After that, I really can't see myself buying anymore games for it tbh.

You do realise this is a Nintendo site right?

He's relying on his affinity with Muse to keep him in my good books. :heh:

We are aware now that Q4 refers to the period of time between January and the end of March, i.e. the last quarter at the end of the financial year. [/blah]

Personally, Muramasa and The Boy and His Blob will do for me in the xmas period. I'd recommend those as titles to look out for.

You are aware that we have a strong Other Console following on the boards, right? :awesome:

I was just talking about this to my mate at work today. I pretty much think that the end of this year is pretty meh no matter which console I switch on. Alot of the titles im really looking forward on the Wii are not until next year and most of the HD console games im excited for have been put back, probably due to CoD. Spring is going to be new Christmas :D

You are aware that we have a strong Other Console following on the boards, right? :awesome:

Everyone's aware of that...

I'll probaly only get New Super Mario Bros Wii this year, but if I remember rightly, it's still one more game than I bought last Winter!

Anyway, I'll be too busy playing Bowser's Inside Story, Scribblenauts and Zelda on the DS to notice the lack of Wii games!

Everyone's aware of that...

Apparently not and you say that as if its a problem.

Anyway, I'll be too busy playing Bowser's Inside Story, Scribblenauts and Zelda on the DS to notice the lack of Wii games!

Yeah the DS has a decent lineup what with Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Mario and Luigi, Phantasy Star and Scribblenaughts all out before Christmas.

Of course, so why bitch and moan about not using your wii in the wii section when you can talk about how awesome the xbox 360, pc and ps3 line-ups are:laughing:

Still, you won't find this site on the first few pages if you google: 'ps3 forum' or 'xbox 360 forum'

Of course, so why bitch and moan about not using your wii in the wii section when you can talk about how awesome the xbox 360, pc and ps3 line-ups are

I dunno. Maybe Flamey wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way he does in terms of the end of year releases for the Wii, shame on him for doing so! :shakehead

It is perfectly fair to voice your concerns that the Wii is not keeping up with its competitors in the coming months in terms of quality releases. The Wii board should not all be blind undying praise and denial, after all.

I dunno. Maybe Flamey wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way he does in terms of the end of year releases for the Wii, shame on him for doing so! :shakehead

Wii general discussion? I understand where you're comin' from though, no hard feelings.:bowdown:

You see I just I don't get it. This feels like it has absolutely nothing to do with the Wii's line up (correct me if I'm wrong). Because there has been, and are coming lots of great titles. Am I disappointed in the lineup this winter? Of course. But to say you haven't bought a game and there are no good games is...well...it seems like you have given up already and are just not interested.

If you're getting DC then you must like light gun games Or maybe just RE), so didn't House of the dead interest you? And no Dead Space this winter? No point saying stuff like Beatles Rock band or GH5 or multi format because I would presume with the thinking with the people who never play their Wii they'd get these on other consoles, so exclusives - Wii Sports Resort, Madworld, Punch Out, Grand Slam Tennis, Little Kings Story... none of these interest you?

As for games this year, again I'm disappointed too, but there's still DC, Dead Space, Silent Hill, A boy and his blob, Muramasa and we all know NSMB will turn out to be incredible.... And these are just the exclusive games that interest me.

PS Mario and Sonic Winter Games also interests me but i think I'm in the minority on that one

It is perfectly fair to voice your concerns that the Wii is not keeping up with its competitors in the coming months in terms of quality releases. The Wii board should not all be blind undying praise and denial, after all.

The problem is voicing the opposite and being called a fanboy or worse.

But the problem is is that most of the time if we praise a game, all those 'other consoles' fanboys come on and call us blind fanboys.

Which makes me ask myself why? People can be hyped up for HD games that look the same as all those other prequels before it, yet we can't say shit all about it, because that would declare us a stupid blind fanboy's who need to accept HD?

I accept HD but give me a fucking a game that I can enjoy, the games on the Wii have been just as much fun if not better then most of the HD games.

Waggle or HD, I don't give a fuck, as long as it's good I don't see why people fucking complain ::shrug:

The end of the year I will have myself swamped in DS games, a little Wii games and no HD games, ok now call me a blind fanboy because I don't want to play any games the end of the year that are not our for the 360/PS3/PSP

My Wii collection would have doubled by now, to be honest, if I had more money.

Looking at the upcoming games in the thread by H-O-T, there are some corkers in there. A Boy and his Blob, Muramasa, Silent Hill and Dead Space are all must haves for me. Still, that's at least 25 quid or so per game. 4 games...that's a hundred quid!

I would love to do a thread where people talk about how much they had spent on games. We must be talking in the thousands or so for some people this generation. That's madness. No. It's Spartaaa.

Sign in to follow this