NEurope
sealedCollector

sealed games

Hi guys!

I just want to know what you think about collecting sealed games? Is it a waste of money or do you maybe collect sealed games?

best greetings

[this thread isn't very interesting, but as a point I'm not going to lock it, just edit this OP and remove your blatant advertising, then let the thread die all by itself once people have said their cents. ~jayseven]

Edited by jayseven

Welcome to the forums :) you have now sealed your fate for you shall never leave...

Also this kind of topic is better suited to the Retro Gaming board so hopefully this will be moved soon.

Welcome to the forums :)

He joined 2 years ago :wtf:

Either way, I don't collect sealed games. I have some sealed games which I won and don't really plan on playing. But if I buy a game, I buy to play it.

i see no point in keeping things sealed, i mean, you might as well just have an empty box. how can you apreciate a game without playing it?

Aww, Jayseven killed a lot of the first post. :heh:

I don't consider myself a collector of games. Like Eevil says, I buy games to play them. It must be pretty sweet to have a huge games collection with different consoles and stuff, but I don't think I could purposefully not open games. Unless I had bought two copies of the same game, which would mean you'd be spending twice as much, and that's just too expensive for me, imo.

gotta say, latly theres been a load of crap thrown at new members, probebly why so few seem to stay.

personaly, i like the subject of the thread, its somthing ive always woundered about people collecting games.

gotta say, latly theres been a load of crap thrown at new members, probebly why so few seem to stay.

personaly, i like the subject of the thread, its somthing ive always woundered about people collecting games.

I think it's probably down to every new member being a suspected banned member. I feel for these new guys. It's a baptism by fire.

It's a good subject, I think. What do collectors do? Do they end up buying two copies of everything, like I mentioned? If so, that's a damn expensive hobby.

Yeah but this isnt a new member, hes posted before in 2007 and it was pretty much just advertising his site then aswell

Some people collect stuff and keep them in original packaging because it increases their value. 30 years later, that item might be worth a lot, and the original, unopened packaging makes it even more valuable.

I dunno, I do like collecting stuff, but I'm not obsessive about it. My main drive in collecting things is because I want to own them and use them, so I don't care about packaging.

I Collect games to play them. So I don't have any sealed games. I wouldn't pay extra for a retro sealed game either, as I might be tempted to open it.

I still have Beautiful Katamari sealed because I don't own a 360 (I bought it because I thought it would be like We Love Katamari which disappeared after its initial release) and New Super Mario Bros because I ended up playing it through at work.

But yeah, normally I open games up. The old fashion Woolworths method. :awesome:

Only one game I have sealed is the Collectors Edition of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core for the PSP

Reason being is that I got the Crisis Core PSP console, which came with a copy of the game and I forgot to cancel my pre-order for the Collectors Edition which I had pre-ordered.

^_^

I think it's probably down to every new member being a suspected banned member. I feel for these new guys. It's a baptism by fire.

Febee seemed to have an easy time and wasn't suspect of anything.

I don't actually collect sealed games, but I do have a fair few that are still sealed.

Okami being one of them... for shame... FOR SHAME! :nono:

Febee seemed to have an easy time and wasn't suspect of anything.

She was a friend of Sheikah, and that was mentioned within the first three posts of her thread, I think.

Okami being one of them... for shame... FOR SHAME! :nono:

Yeah I know... its being opened in the next week or two. Promise. :)

She was a friend of Sheikah, and that was mentioned within the first three posts of her thread, I think.

Exactly.

as for the topic at hand, I dont have too many sealed games mostly cause I play them or they've been opened already. I've had a few brutalised DS games from GAME, they open them and tape the fucking manuals and cartridge together >_<

shiren.jpg

=(

Exactly.

as for the topic at hand, I dont have too many sealed games mostly cause I play them or they've been opened already. I've had a few brutalised DS games from GAME, they open them and tape the fucking manuals and cartridge together >_<

shiren.jpg

=(

One thing that pisses me off is when shops such as HMV put sticky labels on the games or CDs. Sometimes they won't come off straight away, and leave the white-crappyness behind, stuck to the case. I remember when I bought an Oasis album in the past from there, and the label wouldn't come off! Eventually, I peeled every tiny little piece off, but I was then left with a sticky case. Absolutely ruined it! I was fuming.

Exactly.

shiren.jpg

=(

A new thread beckons: "Crappily Sealed Games."

One thing that pisses me off is when shops such as HMV put sticky labels on the games or CDs. Sometimes they won't come off straight away, and leave the white-crappyness behind, stuck to the case. I remember when I bought an Oasis album in the past from there, and the label wouldn't come off! Eventually, I peeled every tiny little piece off, but I was then left with a sticky case. Absolutely ruined it! I was fuming.

YES!

I think I did half wreck that poor manual trying to get it open =( And it was all scuffed and marked where the DS cartridge has pressed on it. The game stickers are terrible, they don't come off without taking the cover with it, so I just cut it open.

YES!

I think I did half wreck that poor manual trying to get it open =( And it was all scuffed and marked where the DS cartridge has pressed on it. The game stickers are terrible, they don't come off without taking the cover with it, so I just cut it open.

There was also this one time where I bought a pre-owned game from Gamestation. They actually attached a pre-owned sticker to the manual. So, that manual is now disfigured!

Ahhh! Why do they do this?!

I can't remember which shop it is, but they've got a cool way of doing it. They have the box inside another transparent box, with the sticker attached to that. That is godly.