NEurope
flameboy

Derren Brown predicting the lotto numbers...

Ok so here goes he about to predict the lottery numbers apparently I call BS its obviously some kind of trick/illusion as he clearly is the master of this.

I'm gonna throw my heart into the ring and use my powers of prediction to do the same;

11, 37, 28, 17, 43, Bonus Ball: 3.

Then why doesn't he just do it every week? :blank:

Also doesn't this mean he should technically be banned from playing it... :heh:

Yeah I believe its more likely that this weeks was fixed rather than Derren Brown actually being psychic.

WTF?

Why make us wait till friday to show us. Booooo

AND

Why didn't he buy a ticket using those numbers he predicted. That would have been much more fun him holding a ticket and winning the jackpot live on tv from correctly "predicting" the numbers.

I didn't watch it but I didn't need to, I already know he's a smug pratt.

its impossible to predict the random, so he must be playing us for saps. i just want to know how, crafty little gay.

i recon it was orc mischief with his balls.

That is comedy gold! :bowdown:

Whilst I tend to enjoy his shows, I hate wondering how he tricked me.

I call bollocks! I watch his shows and I liked them but this, this was just utter bollocks. I mean, wouldn't you buy a ticket with the numbers on if you knew you'd predict them correctly?

Plus, his reaction when he 'guessed' them right didn't look genuine in any way.

If it were camera trickery it'd be very uninteresting so it's obviously not that... although live camera tricker is impressive.

If it were 'fixed' then again it'd be very boring. And also illegal and I'm sure Camalot would have their rights taken off them.

Also, why'd he play it himself? He'd make less money than the TV show he made for this. And if he did both then he'd just seem like a twat; when he isn't.

Just wait 'till Friday. And he'll show us how he did it... which is pretty obvious... time-travel!

I call bollocks! I watch his shows and I liked them but this, this was just utter bollocks. I mean, wouldn't you buy a ticket with the numbers on if you knew you'd predict them correctly?

Plus, his reaction when he 'guessed' them right didn't look genuine in any way.

Thats all part of the act...

He's right: it'd be so much better and real if he started screaming, "Shit I was right! I'm fucking right! I'm the second coming! Agggh!!!!!!" All whilst waving his arms around and spitting over his own suit.

Yawn... just because it's Derren people lose all their scepticism. If it were a magician who fully admitted what they were then people wouldn't be so eager to believe. My facebook is going crazy with OMFG's and WTF's!?

Probably a triple split screen with the centre always being live. The left having frozen footage of balls and the right playing footage of Derren with his hand over his mouth. When the footage plays he zooms behind the camera, writes on the balls and then comes back in position while the bonus ball is being read out. The oddly shaky camera work is probably to help cover up the join between live footage and recorded. Notice how odd it seemed that he stayed so so still while the balls were being called.

Yawn... just because it's Derren people lose all their scepticism. If it were a magician who fully admitted what they were then people wouldn't be so eager to believe. My facebook is going crazy with OMFG's and WTF's!?

Probably a triple split screen with the centre always being live. The left having frozen footage of balls and the right playing footage of Derren with his hand over his mouth. When the footage plays he zooms behind the camera, writes on the balls and then comes back in position while the bonus ball is being read out. The oddly shaky camera work is probably to help cover up the join between live footage and recorded. Notice how odd it seemed that he stayed so so still while the balls were being called.

see thing is if it is just camera trickey thats not what the trick is...he said it was something "you can try yourself"

It did seem odd he left the balls in the far left and how shaky the camera was, could they not get a stand?

I would have completely believed him if he called out the numbers before it went live on bbc. Like 3 seconds before wouldnt make a difference to anyone else trying to play it and the whole, bbc have to be first is bollocks.

If it were camera trickery it'd be pointless. And the reason why people get excited is because Derran Brown doesn't believe in the psychic/magic bullshit; he believes in logic and explanation, to the point he hates charlatans who abuse this type of system to benefit themselves at the expense of others. Also, other "psychics" wouldn't then explain fully how it works to people, etc. That's why people get excited.

However he did it (and I've got no idea how he did), I've got a feeling that the extra ten seconds or so when the bonus ball was being drawn (which 'didn't matter') has something to do with when the six numbers appeared on the balls.

It did seem odd he left the balls in the far left and how shaky the camera was, could they not get a stand?

I would have completely believed him if he called out the numbers before it went live on bbc. Like 3 seconds before wouldnt make a difference to anyone else trying to play it and the whole, bbc have to be first is bollocks.

Yeah, you're right because that's really, really odd. A shaking ball.

Also, you're definitely right about the BBC being first, etc. It's not like the lottery is a multi-million business which has legal regulations that are taken very, very seriously.

This thread is annoying I think I'll just avoid it until Friday's show.

For all those saying why didn't he buy a ticket here;

Paul Daniels urges Derren Brown to get one wrong in lottery trick

Paul Daniels says he knows 99 ways to predict lottery result ahead of Derren Brown's attempt tonight, but says getting it wrong is more believable.

Paul Daniels has backed Derren Brown to pull off his attempt to predict tonight's lottery numbers, but the former TV magician is not so sure Brown should fulfill his promise to reveal the secret later this week.

Tonight just after 10.35pm in The Event Live on Channel 4, Brown will try and predict all six winning numbers a few moments before BBC's National Lottery's Live Draw completes the draw for a jackpot standing at £2.4m.

The illusionist, who has been banned from buying a ticket for the draw, will then reveal how he did it on a follow-up show on Friday.

Daniels told the Guardian today: "He could get it exactly right ... [but] it is much better for a mentalist if he gets one wrong. It is more believable."

"I would be very surprised, however, if he gives away a damn good trick but, even if he does, there are another 99 ways to do it."

And can we read Daniels' mind as to what those are? No. He's not telling. And he thinks, even if Brown does give a hint, he may only do so in a "gobbledegooky" way, such as neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), for example. "Don't worry, you won't learn how to win the lottery," he said.

Daniels also revealed he had once suggested to the BBC, soon after it began its results shows way back in 1994, that he should do a show foretelling the National Lottery results. "They got into a right flap. They said: 'You can't do that. People will think it's a fix.'"

The Magic Circle - of which Brown is not a member - was also cautious about lifting the cloak of secrecy. Jack Delvin, its new president, said Brown had been given the opportunity to join "but he says he is not a magician and doesn't use magic tricks".

He said: "Our first rule is we don't discuss secrets of tricks ... For the duration of the effect happening, we try to suspend disbelief. This is in the middle of trying to achieve an effect, which you do by suspending disbelief so it is no good talking about how it is done. Without the effect, there is no mystery. The last thing the Magic Circle would want to do is get involved in any way, shape or form, in the effect being produced by any person who uses psychology and NLP."

Wishing Brown luck, he told how he was once invited by the BBC World Service to predict something "to do with Mrs Thatcher and an election". But he realised: "If I had proved I had predicted exactly, no-one would have believed me, so I got it wrong deliberately by half a dozen seats. The boss of world service said "He's no good. He didn't get it right.'"

Meanwhile Camelot, the lottery operator, seems remarkably cool about Brown's stunt to reduce somewhat drastically the near 14m to 1 odds on picking a winning ticket.

After all, there are three different machines and eight ball sets that are not determined until shortly before the draw. Camelot said in a statement. "It is impossible to affect the outcome of the draw and Derren Brown is not suggesting he is doing this. Derren Brown is an illusionist creating an illusion that he can predict the numbers. We wish Derren, but more importantly our players, the best of luck."

Daniels, meanwhile, recalled working with a mentalist at a Sheffield club who predicted numbers for its own mini-lottery. The trick ended in a fight between members of the public who thought the whole thing had been fixed and committee members who insisted it hadn't. Now, Daniels mused, just imagine that happening on a national scale ..

You could theoretically try anything at home but he's not going to tell you how to win the lottery. Or he might just do a show on probability relating to lottery numbers (that you can try at home in the traditional sense) before punking you and saying that that wasn't what he did at all.

Well either that or he swallowed six blank bingo balls and a biro, went to the top of mount everest, preyed to every god available and then shat out the balls one by one which had the winning numbers written upon them. THIS IS TRUE!