NEurope
Happenstance

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA, PSN, WiiWare)

I wonder if we will see 3 episodes. First one is just Sonic one his own, 2nd introduces tails, 3rd gives us knuckles...oh wait how about a 4th one chucks in all the shitty characters just for giggles.

According to Kotaku it will have a homing attack, that's the only thing I don't like the sound of so far, I didn't need it back on the Mega Drive, I don't need it now! It made sense on the 3D plane of Sonic Adventure etc, but not here.

Sounds ace! Although im sure sure about the episodic approach! I will just want to buy the game and play through it all!!!

Sonic 4 site, with countdown clocks for sections yet to be revealed:

http://www.sega.com/sonic4/us/index.html

Including a space for a second character (Tails, I presume)

Anyone else noticed that is says WiiWare, XBLA, PSN and then a question mark. Wonder what the other format is..

Anyone else noticed that is says WiiWare, XBLA, PSN and then a question mark. Wonder what the other format is..

ipad...:shakehead

Rumour has it that it's iPhone, and a June release. This image is supposedly leaked from the sega

340x.png

Strange how every other service has a trademark or registered symbol but iPhone doesn't.

Though iPhone is probably the most logical answer, but not as exciting as I was creating in my mind.

So this is officially Sonic 4 then, awesome! I'm not too sure about the episodic approach, but it'll hopefully work out if done right. Let's hope Sega don't screw this one up, everything's looking great so far!

Well, I'm psyched.

In fact, it's the first time in about a decade since I was excited for a Sonic game.

And the secret character better be Robotnik.

I don't find that it's episodic to be a problem considering each episode is meant to be the length of a full Sonic game.

I don't find that it's episodic to be a problem considering each episode is meant to be the length of a full Sonic game.

I didn't see that anywhere, but if it's the case then it's no problem at all.

Kind of worried that the homing attack will be present, kinda simplifies the platforming but nevertheless i am VERY happy.

Am pleased this is Sonic 4, much over-due in many gamers eyes. Episodic however, if each episode is as long as Solo reckons which is one full game, then i say this is a good move.

I didn't see that anywhere, but if it's the case then it's no problem at all.

There was a suggestion on Gamespot IIRC that the split in episodes was going to feel like Sonic 3 and S3&K.

That said, Sonic 3 didn't feel like a complete Sonic game, so it's not all good news in that respect.

I'm 4/5 excited, and if Sonic had the same proportions and running animation as he used to, I'd be 5/5 excited!

Unfortunately from that trailer it looks more like Sonic Rush animation than anything else.

And how did Sonic 3 not feel like a complete game? I mean ok so the final boss was a bit anti-climatic but the rest of the game was lengthy, challenging and overall pretty epic.

Unfortunately from that trailer it looks more like Sonic Rush animation than anything else.

And how did Sonic 3 not feel like a complete game? I mean ok so the final boss was a bit anti-climatic but the rest of the game was lengthy, challenging and overall pretty epic.

Because it was an incomplete game since it was split into two. Although to me, it never felt "incomplete".

Not too happy about the episodic gaming unless each episode is the same length as Sonic and Sonic & Knuckles.

I know Sonic's getting old but damn, does he have to run like he's just shat his pants?

Because it was an incomplete game since it was split into two. Although to me, it never felt "incomplete".

Not too happy about the episodic gaming unless each episode is the same length as Sonic and Sonic & Knuckles.

My only problems with Sonic 3 were the crappy main song and the unsatisfying ending. Everything else was good. Even if I prefer the other 3 games over it.

Of course, I hope this doesn't mean Episode 1 ends à lá Sonic 3.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes.

This really is Sega's last chance realistically. People have been yearning for this for years, and this is their chance to prove that they can actually do it. If they mess this up, they will lose too much trust. I'm sure they realise this though, having named it Sonic 4 essentially reviving a classic gaming series. They wouldn't take that kind of risk if they weren't certain it'd be what people are looking for.

Finally! Sonic 4! This is truely a joyous day indeed. :D