NEurope
david.dakota

Your First Downloads

Ooo Tales of Phantasia! I only just found out there was a Tales game before Symphonia and I really want to play it. As well as Legendia.
there's lots of them :laughing: using the same engine as Tales Of Phantasia (SNES) you have Tales Of Destiny on Psone and later who uses basicaly the same graphics, who are very good for SNES, they did Tales of Eternia (also known as Tales of Destiny 2) who better graphics with hand drawn backgrounds and used a completly diferent combat engine aswell as world-map and perspective.

And then made by the same guys who did Tales Of Phantasia you have Star Ocean on SNES, it really uses the same engine in it, despite tales being a namco published and owned game and star ocean a enix one, they even have the same subscreen bug in the storage menu, aswell as the icons for items who look/are the same.

Tales of phantasia, for me... it's leaps and bounds better than Symphonia, I even have the original japanese versions for SNES and PSone :) (they feature diferent graphics, and added content).

EDIT: seems like it will come out in GBA next year, 1st quarter, 11 years and a half later than the original one in japan, and a cutted down version (no opening music and probably less "ironic" humor)

mine would have to be Chrono Trigger, Kirby Superstar, Punch out, Super Metroid, Starfox 64 and Zelda a link to the past.

Sorry to rake this subject up again, and also apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. My question is; if Nintendo are to make their old catalogue of games downloadable for Revolution, just what will we be storing them on? I would be much happier being able to store these titles on a disc or a card of some sort, than I would be just downloading them to something internal in the Revolution itself, such as a HDD etc. I would love to be able to build up a collection of some description in this way. Also does anyone know where Nintendo stand as regards the availability of old Rare titles like Banjo etc? Are these owned by Nintendo, and are they to be available for download on the Rev?

Thanks chaps.

Sorry to rake this subject up again, and also apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. My question is; if Nintendo are to make their old catalogue of games downloadable for Revolution, just what will we be storing them on? I would be much happier being able to store these titles on a disc or a card of some sort, than I would be just downloading them to something internal in the Revolution itself, such as a HDD etc. I would love to be able to build up a collection of some description in this way. Also does anyone know where Nintendo stand as regards the availability of old Rare titles like Banjo etc? Are these owned by Nintendo, and are they to be available for download on the Rev?

Thanks chaps.

The Revolution is meant to have 512MB of internal flash memory, but will also be able take SD cards to expand or backup this storage.

this should be interesting. if you are presented with heaps of games all at once i think that people will get picky. it's easy to underappreciate games when there are so many other quick fix games around.

it will be harder to complete a game like chrono trigger when you have tonnes of other games thrown at you. like an attention span thing. this is coming from a person that has played video games for a long time and i usually finish one game and play it to pieces before i end up getting another game. for me, that would be harder to do when i could get more fun out of playing a few levels of lylat wars (for example) rather than getting the last gold skulltulla.

i'm all over the place here but the download thing is targetted to retro gamers mainly and i think that having played most of these games before i will have a large collection of downloaded games that i am rarely going to play. and for the people that are downloading these games as a first time player, the lifespan of the games shouldn't be that long. having these games will be cool - but i'm not going to play them the same way i would play a decent revo game ( i'm assuming - since i'd buy a game to keep me occupied for a while rather than for a couple of sessions of multiplayer and then leave it alone)

oh, my games would be mainly squaresoft rpg things like the final fantasy games and chrono maybe mario rpg. the mario games are good as well but i can't see myself playing them through more than once.

you would think that having lots of games would make you less bored but it doesn't work this way for me. if i get lots of games at once, i get bored quicker.

The Revolution is meant to have 512MB of internal flash memory, but will also be able take SD cards to expand or backup this storage.

Thanks for your reply. So I could basically then, buy some SD cards and store a load of my old favourite games for posterity? That's great if it's true. Has that been confirmed?

Thanks again!

for me it has to be Mario RPG from the SNES, I would stump up the cash to buy it from ebay but I am little tight!

The might even sell games in bundles. However they do it, mario rpg and paper mario, and some of the other old classic marios will be top of my list.

although i severly doubt it... i hope that they have conker on there. I have played the xbox version and personally it just doesnt have the charm of the original (the teddiz look to much like bears and less like the crazed button-eyed demonic teddy bears of the original). plus they changed all the classic multiplayer action.

Yeah...The Tank Wars thing and other stuff was cool!! :angry:

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES games will own so much on the remote)

That and Super Smash Bros. Rev will keep me entertained for quite a while :)

Pilotwings 64.

Hopefully it'll have full TV resolution and be fullscreen...

And Perfect Dark, without framerate issues...

I wont be downloading any games i dont have unless there are any extra's, theres just no point.

im gonna get stuff like Perfect Dark and Paper Mario, the good stuff i never got.

Snes: super mario all-stars, super mario kart, a link to the past, super mario rpg, super mario world 2, mario paint (hopefully) and Yoshi's safari (hopefully).

N64:Perfect dark, conker's bad fur day (sick on playing it on an emulator), super mario 64, mario kart 64, OOT, MM, Pilotwings 64, and paper mario.