NEurope
Caris

Some thread about 3D gaming where people argue

but something like that had never happened before.. there was always SOMETHING you could nominate for wii or gamecube for a massive game of the year title. Even in gamecubes time there was loads.

I'm using it to show my point anyway, I like to think that I know what I like to play before I even play it. I have no choice really its very difficult to rent wii games where im from whereas its simple for ps3 and 360 games and also they tend to cost more. So I HAVE to read reviews and judge it on players opinions.

and then It's hard to take recommendations from wii purest seriously at least for me. Because a lot of games get the " pity" vote. Yes it's innovative but is it FUN!? yes it sold badly but is there a reason for this!?

I don't think I'm a horrible person for waiting for those big budget titles and expecting them from third parties while being very wery of the niche budget-looking titles.

In a way, it seems like you're letting that game of the year stuff dictate what you're playing. If that works for you, then that's alright, but it just seems like you're playing it for them and not for you, if that makes sense.

I think what a lot of Wii owners tend to do is buy games on the cheap, so they look out for stupidly sweet deals. That's where the bargain threads and people like Dante and Welsh_Gamer come in handy. There were a few people who managed to pick up A Boy and his Blob for a tenner, because one person notified the rest. I notice that you live in Ireland, so I don't really know how it works over there, or even if you have problems when ordering stuff online...maybe we should smuggle you into England? Or even better/worse...Wales. :heh:

Hmm, with the pity vote, I often find it's the opposite. I think too many people on the Wii board are too harsh on the games. At the end of the day, they're just games and they're a form of entertainment, but I think perhaps as gamers we're being too critical of that and overlooking the more simple stuff. Does it make us entertained? Does it make us want to play more, and so forth? I think I've been a lot more entertained than I was with the Cube, but maybe not as much as with the N64. The Wii is still missing that definitive shooter.

Edit: Just seen your new post, MCJeeeee. Yes, be positive! :D

I think what the Wii side of the forum needs, is somebody that promotes and encourages positive Wii discussion and has the power to exile posters (including Mods) that are determined to ruin that discussion for everyone else.

Sort of like a Nintendo version of Choze.

I'm sure when I start playing the Wii again, I'll be like, what was all the fuss about?!?

Oh god no, one Choze is torture enough.

Actually, didn't Choze used to be Pro-Nintendo, then Pro-Microsoft, and then Pro-Sony? What is he now? Pro-Abortion?

Actually, didn't Choze used to be Pro-Nintendo, then Pro-Microsoft, and then Pro-Sony? What is he now? Pro-Abortion?

He's pro-Daft I believe.

Pro-Daft? Have you read this thread?

Pro-Inbreeding, me thinks.

And Daft: the error code guide seems to have gone. You can stop moaning now :p

I know. I asked Dan on MSN.

Its called irony/bad jokes...

Was wondering who did that, but was too lazy to check. It was one of those things we all agreed on, but were too lazy to actually do.

I kinda like Choze. He's essential. Otherwise, who else would people take their aggression out on?

Zechs isn't the same. It just...isn't the same. You couldn't have a 20 page argument with Zechs. But Choze, part of me has always thought he was a joke account or something.

I kinda like Choze. He's essential. Otherwise, who else would people take their aggression out on?

We don't need someone to take our aggression out on.

Choze used to make sense, once upon a time.

Zechs isn't the same. It just...isn't the same. You couldn't have a 20 page argument with Zechs. But Choze, part of me has always thought he was a joke account or something.

I like Choze for that fact he used to post a lot of PS3 news that sometimes gets overlooked.

But he doesn't seem to post much news now.

So this thread goes something like this...

3D gaming >> Some argument about Cinema standards >> taking the piss out of Choze >> Wii arguing >> Handheld gaming arguing >> Taking the piss out of Zechs and Choze.

Edited by The Lillster

Like some people already pointed out, Nintendo is still the same as it always was, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, the difference is back then we'd get pissed off at the PS2 for getting all the third party love, now people get pissed of at Nintendo for that.

Zechs is way better than Choze.

Better at being a dislikeable tool.

Choze is just dumb. He's a likeable moron. Zechs is aggressive.

Nintendo haven't changed but the competition has gotten much better. On top of that, their machines can do the business.

Like some people already pointed out, Nintendo is still the same as it always was, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Which there is a huge lack of, bringing us back to square one.

We don't want a vitality sensor, we want Lylat Wars, Donkey Kong, Zelda etc.

Which there is a huge lack of, bringing us back to square one.

We don't want a vitality sensor, we want Lylat Wars, Donkey Kong, Zelda etc.

To be fair, those games have always been spaced out.

It's not like the N64 and Gamecube had a high quality Mario or Zelda game etc... Coming out every month.

The funny thing is, back in the day (before the release of Wii) everyone was happy that more casual games would be coming out on Nintendo's system.

No matter what Nintendo does, there's always going to be a certain group that won't like it.

In a way, it seems like you're letting that game of the year stuff dictate what you're playing. If that works for you, then that's alright, but it just seems like you're playing it for them and not for you, if that makes sense.

I think what a lot of Wii owners tend to do is buy games on the cheap, so they look out for stupidly sweet deals. That's where the bargain threads and people like Dante and Welsh_Gamer come in handy. There were a few people who managed to pick up A Boy and his Blob for a tenner, because one person notified the rest. I notice that you live in Ireland, so I don't really know how it works over there, or even if you have problems when ordering stuff online...maybe we should smuggle you into England? Or even better/worse...Wales. :heh:

Hmm, with the pity vote, I often find it's the opposite. I think too many people on the Wii board are too harsh on the games. At the end of the day, they're just games and they're a form of entertainment, but I think perhaps as gamers we're being too critical of that and overlooking the more simple stuff. Does it make us entertained? Does it make us want to play more, and so forth? I think I've been a lot more entertained than I was with the Cube, but maybe not as much as with the N64. The Wii is still missing that definitive shooter.

Edit: Just seen your new post, MCJeeeee. Yes, be positive! :D

?

I see what you mean about the end of year stuff and yes I have to admit I'm totally guilty of that. I've little way of knowing better. the best I can do is watch a video review on the game and then see if it's for me or not but I understand that a review could be twisted in anyway to make it seem better or worse.

You're right though games maybe are too criticised. Im totally like that with everything though, stacking one thing against the other..

oh ya the irish problem. Well all we have here is xtravision and while they have a pretty ok 360/ps3 rental list the ds doesn't exist and the wii one is very small.. I'm not sure why this is. I don't believe renting games is as popular as it was anyway though.

I'm always positive sure when do i complain( :santa:)

I don't get how people can seriously argue against the Wii being the worst of the 3 consoles. There's some good stuff on it but there is such an unbelievable crap-to-decent ratio. I don't like to sound superficial, but it really is much nicer having the graphics of the 360 or PS3.