NEurope
Caris

Some thread about 3D gaming where people argue

I doubt it, there's no need really. Having said that, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have to sister sites for Sony and Microsoft. M-Europe and S-Europe anyone? :heh:

I can't see the site ever going seriously multiplatform, I also thought the site already had multiplatform sister sites. What I can see is the forum having more "space made" for what is now contained in the other consoles board here. Perhaps separate boards for Sony and MS stuff, and also a General Gaming sort of board.

I don't think there's any need to separate Sony and Microsoft. It would just make multiplatform threads crapper.

Which is really the only reason I also suggested a general gaming type board. The only real problem with the way it is now is just that the board is getting so popular, that threads get lost too quickly.

I wouldn't say that was a problem tbh. The bottom thread on the first page had its last post almost two weeks ago.

Edit: We still need to unsticky the stupid 360 Error Code thread. Seriously, why is it there?

If there was an S-Europe, I think Me, Daft and Caris should run the news section and keep the boards in-line. Mod powers!

Only thing on the horizon that will bring me back to the Wii will probably tales of graces. But that's an RPG, and like hell my family will let me sit there and play an RPG on the main Tv. And I'll be damned if I try taking the Wii to my room. Catch 22. So I just decided to get an xbox 360 and screw the whole thing.

To me Nintendo is like the friend you've had your whole life. Went to school together, best friends in nursery and primary school. But then in secondary school he decides he doesn't like you anymore and goes off with his blue ocean friends. You try to be nice and check in on him from time to time. But as time goes by you just fall more and more apart.

Last Wii game I bought was Conduit. Nuff said.

Tbh it seems like the people in here are the ones that outgrew and forgot that friend.

Edit: And it isn't the first time this happened in N-E, at the time I joined this I saw the change of older members to another board made by themselves because they outgrew Nintendo. The population now is largely different from back then.

Edited by Shino

Tbh it seems like the people in here are the ones that outgrew and forgot that friend.

No my friend. It is because nintendo has forgotten what it means to "leave luck to heaven."

When was the last time they invoked such spirit and cheer in the hearts of men (and women) like this....

Wish the youtube tags accepted time variables but just pretend the video started at 24 seconds. Then pretend it finishes at 1.32

Yeah, Nintendo went after my mum. Friends don't do that. Rapists do.

Friends aren't shit either. (going for the obvious joke overkill)

nintendo are defo having another downfall at the moment. By the way the sales are great an all but now the ps3 is rising and is at a similiarish price and 360 is cheaper it's becoming more and more evident that its ten year old technology. The defence is.. the sales are great what are you talking about? but what IS the wii's selling point to most people? The motion control and the nintendo classic franchises.

motion control is coming to the other consoles and what has nintendo to combat this? vitality sensor and a poorly underused motionplus thus far. And nintendo are too slow to release their killer games.

I will still buy the good games that come out for it... but the console is the best selling and things are worse than they ever were for gamecube.. At least with gamecube you KNEW nintendo were going to deliver the goods when it came not shit on you like wii music..

Ps3 and 360 arent perfect to me. I long for more colourful games but it's the best I'm going to get.

If I had to predict I see the ps3 is a very strong position this time next year and the successor to nintendos console being announced with once again fuck all support.

/rant

Edited by mcj metroid

No my friend. It is because nintendo has forgotten what it means to "leave luck to heaven."

When they launched the Wii.

When was the last time they invoked such spirit and cheer in the hearts of men (and women) like this....

Wish the youtube tags accepted time variables but just pretend the video started at 24 seconds. Then pretend it finishes at 1.32

That happened once, back before the community and journalists became cynics. It wont happen ever again. Never.

Still, of all the companies, I'll trust Nintendo to throw the occasional curve ball. Even if infrequently.

Ps3 and 360 arent perfect to me. I long for more colourful games but it's the best I'm going to get.

flower, Bordelands, ModNation Racers, Ratchet & Clank, any PixelJunk game - They're colourful. Even Mirror's Edge (as awful as it is) and BioShock could be considered colourful.

I don't buy the lack of colour argument.

flower, Bordelands, ModNation Racers, Ratchet & Clank, any PixelJunk game - They're colourful. Even Mirror's Edge (as awful as it is) and BioShock could be considered colourful.

I don't buy the lack of colour argument.

oh it's there no doubt ill be checking out ratchet and clank and little big planet and some points.

oh it's there no doubt ill be checking out ratchet and clank and little big planet and some points.

Totally forgot about LBP. :heh:

Nintendo take heed; I want Pokemon in 3D within a decade, bitches.

I've been waiting for a decade already.

I don't understand why the Xbox/PS3 crowd is so against the Wii?

It's simple:

Wii = Casual and family friendly

PS3 = Entertainment centre + Blu-Ray Player

Xbox = Primarily used as a Gaming system

Why can't some people understand that, it's not rocket science.

Why does the Wii need to copy the competition?

Still, of all the companies, I'll trust Nintendo to throw the occasional curve ball. Even if infrequently.

Im still interested in what they have in store for a successor, despite being done with the Wii itself. Theyve made a fortune on the Wii and DS in the last 5 years.

Theres absolutely no reason why they cant afford to innovate AND be technically competitive in the future

I don't understand why the Xbox/PS3 crowd is so against the Wii?

It's simple:

Wii = Casual and family friendly

PS3 = Entertainment centre + Blu-Ray Player

Xbox = Primarily used as a Gaming system

Why can't some people understand that, it's not rocket science.

Why does the Wii need to copy the competition?

It doesnt need to copy the competition, but i think everyone agrees it needs hardware that does Nintendo's best franchises justice, and encourages 3rd party quality support. The user base it there, the hardware is not however.

It doesnt need to copy the competition, but i think everyone agrees it needs hardware that does Nintendo's best franchises justice, and encourages 3rd party quality support. The user base it there, the hardware is not however.

I'm not saying the Wii needs to be better, I'm saying why all the hate from the Xbox/PS3 crowd?

At the end of the day, they're getting the games they want, so why does it matter if the Wii is underpowered compared to the Xbox and PS3?

If you want Online and HD graphics, get a Xbox or PS3.

If you want a console that doesn't take itself seriously and want a console you play now and again, get a Wii.

I think most people wanted a Nintendo games console, and didn't get one. That's the issue.

I think most people wanted a HD Nintendo games console, and didn't get one. That's the issue.

Fixed that for you.

And I agree (with the edited version, of course.) :kiss:

I saw Caris in the Active Users list and thought 'he's going to give Dwarf a thanks' and I was right. So in return I should get a thanks.:heh:

Oh, just for the record, I don't give a shit about the Wii. I'm just arguing.

Edited by The Lillster

I don't mind so much that it's SD, but I'd like to think they would've improved the graphics beyond what they have. They haven't been producing games to the same standard as normal, it doesn't feel like a Nintendo console because it doesn't seem special, and as you've said, proper third party support is almost non-existant. If you look in the top 10 Wii games thread at the moment, most are struggling to come up with 10 good games.

Those that do have 10 in their list, it looks almost identical to their favourites at the beginning of last year. Most of the 'best' games I actually played an aeon ago when I still had a Wii. It doesn't help when your most anticipated game ever (Corruption) turns out to be very average either, or if you disagree with the acclaim those games got.

It's not the just the graphics that get me, it's the fact that the online is terrible and the lack of hardcore games is a joke.

This thread is basically why I think the Wii is garbage.

It's the first generation since I started gaming that a Nintendo console hans't been my main one.

The graphics are a big part for me. They just look fucking awful. After having so many stunning looking games it's painful to go back - the Wii just look primitive.

Also, I think the technical limitations are holding the medium back (even on the PS3/360, obviously to a lesser extent).

Although, if that floats your boat who cares.

I don't mind so much that it's SD, but I'd like to think they would've improved the graphics beyond what they have. They haven't been producing games to the same standard as normal, it doesn't feel like a Nintendo console because it doesn't seem special, and as you've said, proper third party support is almost non-existant. If you look in the top 10 Wii games thread at the moment, most are struggling to come up with 10 good games.

Those that do have 10 in their list, it looks almost identical to their favourites at the beginning of last year. Most of the 'best' games I actually played an aeon ago when I still had a Wii. It doesn't help when your most anticipated game ever (Corruption) turns out to be very average either, or if you disagree with the acclaim those games got.

The Wii is a weird console, with an even weirder user base.

Another problem is most 3rd parties don't put in much effort, so fuck them.

On the other hand, the DS is one of the best gaming systems ever, with something for everyone. That's what the Wii should have been, but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.