NEurope
Dante

Ghost Trick

You fool! Don't you know women can make themselves look slimmer by fashion? :laughing:

Also...

Everyone saying "I didn't expect it to be this awesome"...did you not read my review?

AM CRAI!

Previously on Ghost Trick...

I left the game where I Jord had just escaped from prison. That level had to have been the hardest so far. I found it quite tricky guiding him through the passage ways while at the same time keep the guards occupied.

I decided to fire the game back up today and try and get closer to solving this mystery.

I managed to finish 5 levels today and man is the story really picked up. So, what have I discovered? The Minister is suffering from stress and seems to have a weak heart, aswell as a bitch of a wife. I did enjoy trapping that slag in the chandelier and watching her squirm. :D

Next up was the return of everyone's favourite dog, Missile! I couldn't believe it when he showed up dead and with different powers. I was also quite shocked to see Kamila had died. Personally I would have just saved her and let the hippie guy die, but that's just me. :)

So it seems there is another dead person who is manipulating not just stuff but people. I'm also a little confused with what's going on with Sissel. I mean did he die 10 years ago or was that someone else? Has Cabanela been manipulated, or is he actually a bad guy? I can't wait to get back on and find all of these things out.

This year i've defeated the Locust Queen on Gears of War 3, averted a war in Call of Duty: MW3, bashed Bowser in a 3D Land and wandered the desert in Uncharted 3. All of these games haven't come close to the experience that this game has given me, easily my game of the year.

The way the story unfolded at the end was fantastic and quite moving. All of the characters were very lovable, even the bad guys. :D

Did the game sell well? I hope so, as I would love a sequel.

This game is finally in my collection! :yay:

The Golden Reggie Awards 2012 reminded me that I really needed to pick this one up before it disappears off the face of the planet! :heh:

Not sure when I'll have the chance to get into it though, as I'm only half way through Xenoblade and still addicted to MK7...

But by the looks of things, this is a great title to have sitting on the pile for a rainy day. :hehe:

This game is finally in my collection! :yay:

The Golden Reggie Awards 2012 reminded me that I really needed to pick this one up before it disappears off the face of the planet! :heh:

You're going to love it! And knowing something that I know about you, you're going to love the ending. :D

You're going to love it! And knowing something that I know about you, you're going to love the ending. :D

Which lets me know something about RedShell what I didn't know about RedShell through you knowing something about RedShell :D

RedShell, one thing for sure is that with all of the re-caps, you won't miss a lot!

bluey got this for for Xmas and I finished it last weekend. A complete treat although at times I did feel like I was just reading a story. The ending was insane:

The entire bit with Ray seemed a little rushed. To the point where I was like "wut?!" and he was like "and then this too" and I was like "WUHT!!!!?"

Not that it was bad but I would have liked it to be a bit more interactive.

I really hope that they somehow consider a sequel for this but it's hard to envision without them repeating a lot of the circumstances from this story.

Oh man, how am I supposed to hold off from playing this game now!? :heh:

*unwraps the game*

: peace:

I just picked this up in a charity shop of all places for the princely sum of ?4.99 :D rather pleased with myself as I kept meaning to buy the game several times, it was always around ?20 and I'd end up leaving it but for that price I didn't even think twice! It's in new condition too, Idk why anyone would give away a game such as that but it now has pride of place in my DS collection. :)

Now I've just got to make time to play it... :p

in all honesty, that's an awesome deal! I've been waiting for the right price for some time.

It's good to see others on here giving the game a go. I was late to the party, but it turned out to be my game of the year. It really is a piece of work and every gamer should experience it.

Key Features

• A Revived Story Mode with a Crisp Comeback – Originally released in 2010, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is now remastered in higher resolution with crisper and less pixelated visuals adapted for 1080/60fps graphic quality.
• Adapted for Detectives on Different Devices – Available on Nintendo Switch, Sissel’s chilling adventure is optimized for players to be able to play comfortably on both controller and/or touch screens (applicable only for platforms with built-in touch screen functionality).
• Three Newly Added Languages – Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese have now been added to make a total of nine available languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
• New Challenges and Fresh Trophies – Players can train their brains with Ghost Puzzles available in different modes including 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5! By completing different levels of the game, players can also win new trophies!
• Improved Menu and System Features – Enjoy the gameplay to your liking! Players can change settings to fit different preferences such as Easy-to-use Sounds, Language, and Auto-Advance Settings.
• Reimagined Music Tracks and Unique Illustrations – Yasumasa Kitagawa, the music composer for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, has remastered a 1-to-1 soundtrack for the entire game! Additionally, a never- before-seen collection of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective illustrations can be unlocked in the Extras menu!

The key features from a fact sheet doing the rounds for the upcoming HD remaster.

It'll be out on the 30th of June but £24.98 seems a bit steep, imo, so hopefully it'll get a good sale before too long. However, reading back through the enthusiasm in this thread makes it sound worth the asking price and then some. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

It'll be out on the 30th of June but £24.98 seems a bit steep, imo, so hopefully it'll get a good sale before too long. However, reading back through the enthusiasm in this thread makes it sound worth the asking price and then some. :D 

Oh yeah! If you're still not sure. Here's a good video explaining why it's great. (Spoiler free)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

£24.98 seems a bit steep

What? have you seen the eBay prices for the DS version?

It is a fantastic game. The animation is worth that price alone. 

• Like 1

I really hope it sells enough copies for Capcom to finally make a sequel.  I feel bad as I’d love to add to its sales on Switch, but I’ve replayed the game on DS a few times already…. 😃

14 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I really hope it sells enough copies for Capcom to finally make a sequel.  I feel bad as I’d love to add to its sales on Switch, but I’ve replayed the game on DS a few times already…. 😃

I really hope The Switch Effect kicks this into high gear. It really deserves it.

Either way, I've not played it since the first time I played it on the DS, so I'm defo donating to the "Ghost Trick needs sales" charity.

• Like 1

I will definitely get this, I remember loving it on the DS. I would love a physical but I imagine it's just eShop only?

Demo is available now on Switch, PlayStation, and Steam :peace:

(per tonight's Capcom Showcase)

Game's out now.

It's silky smooth, and absolutely gorgeous. Normally, sprite based games look ugly and smeared when upressed to HD, but not this. Absolutely crisp and beautiful.

Game's so clever, you should buy it.