NEurope
Dante

Ghost Trick

Yeah, I kept expecting the game to get harder later on, but it never really happened. The last case in particular was surprisingly easy.

But I suppose there was only so much they could do with your limited powers. Pretty much all you could do was move from objects that were close to each other and interact with some things, so your options were always limited. Once you'd tried using something to find out what happened when you did, it was usually obvious what you needed it for.

Not that it made me enjoy the game any less. I still felt clever whenever I found the solution to a puzzle.

I also beat the game yesterday - what a fantastic ending. So many great twists and turns in the final few chapters, and when you finally find out about who you are and why you got shot.. :love: Through a lot of the game I was feeling that I'd not been paying attention and missed some vital story element, but they really did leave it until very late to explain everything!

I loved the ending. I watched my brother play through the last chapter just so I could see his reaction to the twists.

I got it you guys.

Will probably rave about it once I finished Wario: Master of Disguise.

Funnily enough, I went into the store hunting for an RPG, almost bought Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the DS, but then I saw this :)

Sorry Killer_Kirby,....Will get around to it one day:hehe:

Edited by Fused King

Dragon Quest XI

What magical store was this? Did you travel forward in time?

What magical store was this? Did you travel forward in time?

I have no idea what you're talking about:rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about:rolleyes:

Hmmm...

Last edited by Fused King; Today at 01:28 PM.

:blank:

Will probably rave about it once I finished Wario: Master of Disguise.

Good idea to play a bad game before playing Ghost Trick. That will make it seem even more amazing! :hehe:

Good idea to play a bad game before playing Ghost Trick. That will make it seem even more amazing! :hehe:

I quite like Wario: Master of Disguise.

Reminded me a bit of the Mario & Luigi series in terms of dialogue and story.

and also a bit of Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland when it came to bosses.

Well, ONWARDS WITH GHOST TRICK!

This game is some piece of work!

The overall feel is just so intimidating and yet goofy in a way.

Thanks to the score, I thank you:D

I just love it that you don't know diddely-squat about this so-called 'important night' and 'deal which will change the face of the nation', yet you were involved in all of it.

In Mario Kart Online terms: 'So Exciting!'

I think I'm nearly finished (Just saved Detective Jowd) - which is a shame - but I am so keen to connect the dots.

I must say that the gameplay isn't all that exciting, but the puzzle elements it holds makes for some interesting things to look at.

LOVING THE CHARACTER MODELS!

I've been giving my collection a bit of a refresh in recent weeks with several games making their way out and a few new additions making their way in. Ghost Trick was one of the games that made it in :grin:

I haven't actually opened it yet but I'm really looking forward to dipping into it when I get a couple of other games out of the way. I found the demos, on DS and online, very promising and I appreciated the style of the game a lot :hehe:

I just had to pick it up when I saw it for £19.20 in Tesco :yay:

I also got this from Tesco last week. Finished the game last night, and really enjoyed it. As Fused say's above, the gameplay isn't very exciting, and it does get repetitive, but successfully solving a puzzle and preventing someone's death is very satisfying.

Loved the music in the game, especially the Main Theme. Every time it came on inbetween chapters, I just had to listen to in full, before moving on.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The characters animation were also superb. So simple, but it made them feel very much alive. Missile must be the cutest thing ever, MISS KAMILA! :grin:

The script was solid, and there was plenty of humor, including some unintentional humour for us Brits :heh:

185980_10150090685906432_511466431_6845837_2043403_n.jpg

I started Ghost Trick at the weekend there to get a break from Spirit Tracks as much as anything :indeed:

Anyway, everything I have played of it so far has been great and the story is progressing nicely. The best character I have seen so far is Inspector Cabanela :grin: Every time he comes on screen it gives me a laugh :heh:

I had a fair idea from the demos that I would most likely enjoy the game and I'm glad to say that this is definitely the case :yay:

Right, so I've finished this marvelous piece of a game and am stuck with a certain question....

For those who have finished it:

How it is possible that the 10-year-old Missile was able to talk to you all the way in the past of 10 years ago. I still don't quite understand 'Missile's own story' which he tells you about in the end.

How it is possible that the 10-year-old Missile was able to talk to you all the way in the past of 10 years ago. I still don't quite understand 'Missile's own story' which he tells you about in the end.

Here's how I remember it: Missile died and then he talked to Sissel, but failed to get him to help him save Kamila. After that, he somehow managed to make his way to the submarine and used Sissel's body to travel back in time ten years (but obviously he couldn't change anything because of his limited powers). After that, I think he just waited around for ten years until he got a second chance to talk to Sissel.

I just finished Ghost Trick there this morning and it's a great wee game :hehe: It never got particularly difficult but it was still nice to work through all the puzzles in an attempt to figure out how everything was linked together..

..and who doesn't love this guy..? :heh:

ghost_trick_conceptart_GUm8k_thumb.jpg

Missile is my favorite fictional dog since Dug in Pixar's Up. :hehe:

Also, I already posted this in another thread, but it has Missile in it, so...

GhostTrick.jpg

I just finished Ghost Trick there this morning and it's a great wee game :hehe: It never got particularly difficult but it was still nice to work through all the puzzles in an attempt to figure out how everything was linked together..

..and who doesn't love this guy..? :heh:

ghost_trick_conceptart_GUm8k_thumb.jpg

Good on ya!

Great story, great story indeed.

Who doesn't love Bailey's Panic Dance though;)

This game...

it's...

SO AWESOME!!!!!!

Missile1-620x.jpg

I'm in so much love.

About nine hours in - DON'T KNOW IF I'M ANYWHERE NEAR THE END YET but the story is making my mind full of FUCK

I love how casually dark it all is. Dog just getting run over and killed sort of dark.

PANIC DANCE

I highly recommend.

This is by far my favorite game of the year - Totally unexpected but incredibly awesome. I love everything; the story, the characters, the art style.

I've had this sitting on my shelf for the best part of the year and I finally unwrapped it over the weekend.

I'm only up to the 6th chapter but already i'm in love with the game. The characters and dialogue are very witty ( pervy guard FTW! :D ) and the story has really sucked me in. I can't wait to find out what the deal is behind what went on at the start of the game.

The animation of the characters reminds me alot of Another World/Flashback. Just the way they walk sends me back to my youth, playing those games on my Amiga. :)

I would like to read what everyone else has posted in this topic but I will wait until I have finished the game as I don't want anything spoiled for me.

I have played this over the summer.

It's simply brilliant, from the music, to the smooth 2D animations, the character design, the witty dialogue, the humour and, of course, the engaging mystery and over-arching plot. And all of this without mentioning the unique "Spirit World" gameplay, which makes this game's genre actually hard to define.

Keep on playing, H-o-T. And when you finish it, remember to leave your impressions (properly spoiler-tagged, of course)

Just a tiny update. This is hands down one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a game.

Awesome!

Also....

Odd girl.

I agree.

Me too.

Fantastic. :D