NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strange Cookie

Okamiden

Think I'm the only one who bought the game, seeing as I've been the only one posting about it (Shame on all of you :wink:)

Au contraire, Ganepark Ji Sung.. I got it on release from GAME online as it was £22.99 and I had some reward card points to take off it aswell :yay:

It is, however, still sealed and I imagine it'll stay that way for a while :eek: I really want to get back to Okami on the Wii before I think about starting Okamiden.. and there's the small matter of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn wanting my attention somwhere in between :heh:

Apparently, there's a 3DS or something out now too ::shrug:

Think I'm the only one who bought the game, seeing as I've been the only one posting about it (Shame on all of you :wink:)

I do have it, but it was released in between Pokemon and this newfangled 3DS thingymajig. Plus I'm still playing Dragon Quest IX.

Okamiden - GET!!! ^_^

You were able to find a copy? That's awesome!

You were able to find a copy? That's awesome!

It was a mission.

Had a £20 gift card I got when I bought my 3DS from HMV, so I swung by the HMV at Wimbledon, they didn't have it. Ended up dodging police and protestors and got to HMV Trocodero, bugger was closed due to the idiots who broke away from the main protest. Walked to Oxford St - same thing, not open. Went to GAME on Oxford St - nothing on display, asked a (pretty clueless) woman about it and she had a quick look and said they didn't have it. So I got the tube home to Clapham, got off and popped into Blockbuster and they had it :o £24.99

Got lucky. Also trading my £20 gift card for £20 with the BF. So I got Okamiden for £5 :yay:

Finished :santa: Completed it this morning. Saved it pretty much right at the end last night and woke up determined to complete it and I did after a total of 20 hours 3 minutes.

I did only get one weapon upgrade throughout the entire game (as you have to bring Lucky Coins to a blacksmith along with demon items to forge weapon upgrades rather than buy them) and only found out at the end, thanks to an Imp merchant, that I hadn't bought any of the brush stroke upgrades either. So I reckon if I'd have done that and completed the one or two side quests I had not finished (and presumably found others as I'm sure there were more that I didn't get access to at the time of being in a particular area), I could easily have topped 25 hours.

Still, loved the game to bits. A flawed success is how I'd put it, because the game still ably managed to be great even with the flaws it harbours which makes me wonder how damned good the game would have been if the flaws were done away with. It'd be incredible really so it speaks wonders for the game as it is that that is where it would be without the issues. The story does take a backseat in the middle, kind of like in Okami, but when it comes back towards the end, it's brilliant. Not so much where you go as when that really makes an impression.

And Capcom, as always, teasing with the ending there! Seriously, I hope we get another game in the series because they've teased it here on multiple plains for future stories.

So yes, brilliant game. PLAY EEETTT NAAAOOOW! I can finally put some time in with my 3DS, or go back to Pokemon White. Or I could New Game + this. Hmmm....

Managed to track a copy of this down after several phone calls today. Have one reserved at HMV Oxford Circus. There are six other copies in stock if anyone wants one. PLAY also have the game in stock for a tempting £22.99.

Anyone got any reports of how this plays on the 3DS analog/slidepad?

I finally got this online yesterday.

Seriously, it's criminal how little this game is being stocked. I don't get it. "It won't sell much", yeah it won't sell much if you don't sell it. Seriously, the two GAME stores in Kingston had never even heard of it or the original! The man said "sounds Japanese, you might have to import it". URGH!

But I've played 2 hours and enjoying it. Although... it's kind of making me want to play the original more than this one... I'm hoping that I move out of the same locations from the first one soon.

As for playing it on the 3DS... no real complaints. The 3D stick works fine, just a little jarring how there's no sensitivity. You can only run.

Yay, someone else is playing it :yay: Well done. Shame on those of you who aren't playing it ;)

As for playing it on the 3DS... no real complaints. The 3D stick works fine, just a little jarring how there's no sensitivity. You can only run.

One thing I've noticed, having played it originally on the DS lite and then playing it a little bit on the new game + on the 3DS, is that the frame rate seems better when playing on the 3DS. Strange yes, as it's not a DSi enhanced game so don't really understand it but there's definitely less stutter when walking around Kamiki Village when crossing the bridge (which usually stuttered a little as things drew in).

Quick question: Can I play and enjoy this without playing the original?

My copy of this arrived at the start of the month and I really want to start it. The problem is I had major issues with the controls on the Wii version and didn't get that far into the game.

I'd say so in as much as you can enjoy Majora's Mask having not played Ocarina of Time.

It does a good job of making the events of the first game seem just like a legend / backstory that all games would have.

You might even enjoy it more, because one of the main complaints from Okami fans is that it reuses a lot of the same areas.

There would be if you didn't know there was a prequel... but you'll be smart enough to know when it is referring to stuff that happens in the first game. It's mostly new characters... I can't remember the actual plots being linked at all really...

Oh boy am I in for a treat.

A friend o' mine bought this in Japan for about 18 euros for me.

Okamiden in Japanese, the way it's meant to be played:D

It's going to have to wait though, for Shantae will have to go first.

The great thing about my gaming computer being on the fritz is that it finally gave me some time for my handheld backlog.

Anyway, Okamiden was fun.

Kiiind of wish it hadn't reused so many areas/characters/events from the first game, though.

I became really addicted to the sidequest where you help a fledgling village by finding people who want to move there. That's always fun for some reason.

I didn't bother to find all of the collectibles, but I'm still annoyed that some of them are permanently missable. That's just bad design.

This really made me want to replay Okami.

So, I'm going through this game now in Japanese (which is an absolute joy :D) and my god they weren't kdding when they said that lots of stuff from Okami is being reused.

Still a great way to learn Japanese though!

Even though some characters are quite 'rude' in the Japanese sense with their use of language. Still, it fits their characters, of course.

Finished this today and what a gem it is!

At first it was a bit of a shock that they pretty much used so many existing areas from Okami, but once I progressed it was obvious that this game gives the Okami areas a new dimension. A dimension in line with the 'kids' theme of this game, namely taking a smaller area and giving it depth.

I played this in Japanese so I'm a little sad that I didn't really understand everything, but the tears at then end and all the cutscenes conveyed their meanings wonderfully. I guess I'll be staying in my own little world of what I think I've read untill I come across a translation of the game some day :laughing:

I once again loved all the reference to Japanese folklore and myths and stories and what have you. Seeing Mu('Ma' in the game)rasaki Shikibu and Prince Genji in their was quite unexpected, but a lovely touch :)

I also loved that they went further in using their interpretations of the ancient aliens theory, absolutely love that stuff!

Seeing Sugawara no Michizane's 'kofun' (grave) hit the nail right on the head!

Anyway, I now hope two things: that some developer group somewhere are creating a 3rd Okami game and that either Chibiterasu and Kuninushi or Amaterasu or both are playable in the new Smash Bros!

Finished this just in time before Luigi's Mansion 2 :D :D

Edited by Fused King

Sign in to follow this