NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

God of War Collection

I'm not buying this again since I already have GOW I and II and Chain of Olympus. Sometimes I wish Sony had given us backwards compatability across all PS3's but I see now why they didn't, kerching!!

I'm not buying this again since I already have GOW I and II and Chain of Olympus. Sometimes I wish Sony had given us backwards compatability across all PS3's but I see now why they didn't, kerching!!

Exactly...they do apparently have people working on software solutions to emulation if this anything more than the emulator software used on collections such as these then the likely success of the God of War Collection will slow their work on a solution for all PS2 titles way down or render it obsolete.

Even if the PS3 had BC, I would still get this rather than the originals. Updated 720p visuals running at 60fps with Anti-Aliasing? Yes please. Plus independant Trophy support for both games and a reduced RRP make this an excellent package.

What's the difference between this and Blade Runner in Blu Ray?

If you really want, go play the old ones on the PS2. I love the idea of collections. More games should be made into collections. Games go out of print so quickly.

Plus, it is being released at a budget price.

Fuck BC. I want updated collections.

Forgot to mention that I played the GoWIII demo last week on a mate's ps3 and wasn't that impressed with the actual graphics. I enjoyed the gore a lot, and the set piece stuff is fun, but I wasn't rating the combat as much. However the game's appeal will be the overall epicality (made up word) and sequence of fights so it's still fairly high on the list.

The Fedex guy just threw this on my front porch! (literally since my dog tries to eat him)

Too bad im headed to work, cant wait to dive into this tommorow

This came out in America already? (I'm assuming you imported it)

That makes 5 games I need to get for Christmas, and thats being frugal...

It came out on Tuesday, I think.

I'll grab it after I'm done with Assassin's Creed II. I might go for the Platinum.

Ive been playing on this and its amazes me that it used to be a PS2 game. It looks excellent in its new higher resolution. Dodging with the 2nd analog just feels wrong though

This is now sat under my Xmas tree, in nice silver wrapping paper with a pretty bow on top. I'm tempted to just rip that shit off and crack this game open.

With the return of Kratos imminent I snapped up this the other day and set about replaying the first game yesterday, less than 24 hours later...Platinum GET!

The game looks and plays very smooth, a big well done to those who converted it to the PS3. The only complaint I have is with the cutscenes using the in game engine but I remember them being pretty shoddy on the PS2 so no biggie.

I was after the trophy where you have to finish the game in under 5 hours and it ended up very tight, had just under 10 mins to spare! :grin: I was also dreading going for the Challenge of the Gods trophy as I had read many a horror story about the difficulty of those, surprisingly it only took me a little over an hour so all was well.

Now im off to start GoW 2 im hoping I can have it finished before 3 arrives but I remember it being alot longer than the original and more epic. The race is on...

God of War II Platinum GET!!! Bring on GoW3. :D

I've been trying to get through these for about a week. I'm 7 hours into GoW and at the Architects Tomb. I am on track to get all of the trophies except the 5 hour one, I've read that there is some costume unlock that can help with this on a second playthrough.

You sir a trophy monster:). I watched you get through those games - starting GoW at 2pm and getting the Platinum at 9am. I'm actually finding it difficult and some of the platforming is terrible. I think I'm near the end. I should be able to run through it again in under 4 hours, most people get around 3 and a half.

Been playing this, only just opened it the other week despite having it for months. I really like it; played and platinum'd God of War 1 and playing through God of War 2 at the moment. They seem to be easy to get trophies on (GoW 1 lets you unlock an unlimited magic costume to make <5 hour completion quite easy indeed), and it's good fun. Having never played God of War before, and knowing this is an updated PS2 game, I'm very impressed. Definitely worth buying if you've never played GoW before.

I only need to do the last challenge to Platinum GoWII, I need to get back to that.

I also started playing GoWIII on Titan mode, I don't know if I'll stick with it, its extremely tough.

I only need to do the last challenge to Platinum GoWII, I need to get back to that.

The last challenge (kill everything without being hit) is easier than it sounds. Nothing like the last one in the first game. God, that one was tough.

I also started playing GoWIII on Titan mode, I don't know if I'll stick with it, its extremely tough.

I found it to be extremely easy, except for one particular battle:

I think it was near the end, where you fight one of those giant flame/blood Cerberus things.

I really want to get the Platinum for GoW III but I don't want to start over again just to find the godly possessions. Didn't bother too much with the challenges. Need to do some of those, too....

To be honest, I'm a God of War noob. And coming from a Demon's Souls mindset, its taking time to adjust..............if that makes sense.

I started GoW 1, and I just couldn't get into it. It's so dated and the gameplay feels so average. Should I keep at it? I've heard from a friend that it gets better after 5 or 6 hours.

GoW is old school. GoWII is amazing and holds up so well.

To be honest, I'm a God of War noob. And coming from a Demon's Souls mindset, its taking time to adjust..............if that makes sense.

Ah, Demon's Souls...the game that I want to play so badly but my motivation just shits on it. :blank:

It does make sense, it's very different from Demon's Souls' gameplay and you definitely need to get used to GoW, but if you get the hang of it, it becomes easy.

I started GoW 1, and I just couldn't get into it. It's so dated and the gameplay feels so average. Should I keep at it? I've heard from a friend that it gets better after 5 or 6 hours.

Hm, it gets more spectacular but not that much better. At least for me "more spectacular" doesn't equal "better".

I can't give you advice on whether you should keep at it or not. If you really can't get into it and you think you will never do, then you should stop playing...I guess.

Well I played through God of War 1 and it's still really enjoyable in this day and age. To be honest, God of War 2 is very similar but with more epic boss fights and set pieces, and tidier gameplay mechanics (like being able to mash X to move along ropes quicker, or holding R1 to drop down quickly).

Sign in to follow this